PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Children...Saudi Style

boxcar
05-03-2002, 06:54 PM
Yesterday on a local talk radio show that I often tune into whenever time permits, I caught part of a segment that dealt with a big fire at a Saudi school and how that event was used on a recent episode of a TV broadcast show called West Wing -- which I gather deals with contemporary political issues. Since I caught only part of what the talk show host was talking about, I wanted to find out if the fire at the school was in fact an actual, historical event. I did some searching today on the WWW, and came to find out that the tragedy was indeed factual.

One of the first sites I logged on to was the English version of the Saudi Gazette because I recall this paper being mentioned on the radio show. Wouldn't you know, though, that the site is completety "down"? And if you believe that was merely a coincidence, I have some land in the Bayou to sell you. Personally, I believe the story was such an embarrasment to the Saudi government (especially in a time when it is desparately trying to promote itself to Americans over the TV and radio airwaves as being this super nice guy in the Middle East).

However, fortunately other sites carried the story. One of these is:

http://www.rfcnet.org/newsletter/april2002e.htm

Interestingly, this newsletter mentioned that the Saudi Gazette did carry the story and was actually "critical" of the goverment and the police for this tragedy. If so, this supports my theory that the story was pulled off the Web for PR purposes.

The Religious Freedom Coalition, however, didn't provide any figures for the casualities. So, then I found this site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_1874000/1874471.stm

You can always count on the Brits to publish Middle East news. According to this report, 15 young girls needlessly lost their lives because the "religous police" (known as the mutaween)
beat the girls and forbade them to escape from the burning building simply because they weren't dressed properly for public consumption!

So, it seems that this "moderate" Arab country (Saudi Arabia) has very much in common with the Taliban of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Of course, this leads one to naturally wonder if the Clueless Wonder in the WH (and Powell for that matter) have any kind of clue at all as to just what kind of deadly snake they are crawling into the sack with.

But if this human tragedy story wasn't bad enough, you gotta check out, at the very least, the next to last paragraph of the of the HRW Orginization
report of this horrible incident at:

http://www.hrw.org/press/2002/03/saudischool.htm

In fact, it's a short paragraph, so I'll consume some bandwith here and quote it:

"Saudi Arabia is a state party to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and the U.N.Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Women."

The U.N. (Useless Numbskulls) and Saudi Arabia -- couldn't get a finer match made in Hell, could we!? This bit of irony would be normally be most humorous, but given the gravity and nature of this tragedy, I find the hypocrisy of the Saudis and the U.N. sickening.

And just think: Thanks to Clueless in the WH, the Saudis now are America's new "peace partners" in the Middle East. Is this downright scary or what?

Boxcar

so.cal.fan
05-03-2002, 07:45 PM
Yes, Boxcar, it is very scary. In fact it is HORRIFYING.
I haven't seen their "ad" on TVG yet this afternoon.
I am watching in So. Cal. on adelphia cable.
They had been playing it a few times. I may have missed it, but I hope they pulled it. It was very offensive to me.

boxcar
05-03-2002, 09:34 PM
I heard a couple of radio ads, and actually thought they were amusing. I don't believe any objective, thinking person would be able to buy into their propaganda, anyway. Besides, those who were pro-Palestinian/Arab were in that mindset long before the ads were aired.

Here is another true story taken from the HRW site. This account has to do with tortue of prisoners in that God-forsaken place known as Saudi Arabia. And once again, I found that the Useless Numbskulls and the Saudis are in bed with one another. Get a load of this paragraph from the site:

"Torture is prohibited under Saudi law and international human rights law. In October 1997, Saudi Arabia became a state party to the U.N. Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, and the convention’s provisions became part of Saudi domestic legislation."

The full story is at:

http://hrw.org/press/2002/02/saudi020502.htm

I think one has to be blind to not see that America's foremost enemy are the Saudis. From whence did 15 of the 9/11 hijackers hail? And evidence abounds now that the Saudis, like Iraq, have been funding terrorism in various ways for years. And now with these two accounts, we have even more evidence that the Saudi culture is barbaric, cruel and primitive -- a culture fueled by its religious fanaticism and hatred for Jews and Americans.

For weeks I've been harboring a theory about Middle East events, and how all of a sudden the Saudis "woke up" and now want to play a more dominant role for peace in the region. But even more importantly, how they cleverly have tied in the Bush Admin's desire to off Saddam with the unrest in the West Bank and Israel. My theory is simple: Can anyone imagine what kind of impact an Iraqi DEMOCRACY would have on the region, if the U.S. were to succeed and oust Hussein, and a democratic form of government were installed in Iraq? Sure...all the Arab-Islamic dictatorships would stand to lose much -- but the two that would stand to lose the most would be Saudi Arabia and Iran -- who with Iraq are the three biggest antagonists and obstacles to peace. If real democracy were to ever take hold and flourish in any Arab nation over there, you can believe that it wouldn't be long before the populations of other Arab countries would sit up and take notice in a big way. The last thing any dictator wants is to lose his hold over his people!

And yet, Bush and Powell can't see through through this Arab ploy? To me, it's so transparent. It's so obvious. Instead, Bush's head now is turned, his eye is off the [Iraqi] ball, and in the process he's losing credibility with most of the world, particularly his enemies -- which makes U.S. citizens even more vunerable to attack, since our Arab enemies will be emboldened with Bush's waffling, indecisiveness and equivocating.

Just today, Hamas said that it's planning more suicide-bomber attacks against Israel.

Just today Geraldo Riveria, in an interview with Arafat, was unable to get that slimeball to denounce terrorism.

Just today Arafat told Geraldo that in retrospect, he was "sorry" that he didn't take Clinton's offer at Camp David. Doesn't that lying sack of sick, demented horse manure know how much damage he did to all his apologists with that admission? If you listen to the all the pro-Palestinian liars, they'll be quick to tell you that that offer wasn't genuine; it was insulting because all Barak-Clinton were offering was about 47% of the West Bank -- all broken up into "cantons" which would have rendered Palestine an unviable state, blah, blah, blah. But according to Dennis Ross, the offer was closer to about 97% of the West Bank, and the territory would not have been busted up into Cantons, etc.

But our fearless leader in the WH can't see through all this. He's been duped. He's been had. Once again, we're going to give peace, yet, another chance. I say we should give war a chance! Let the Palestinians and Israelis duke it out, while we get on with OUR business of taking out SAAAADDAMMM. The world would be a far better place without the Arafats and Saddams in it -- and for that matter the Clown Prince.

Boxcar