PDA

View Full Version : You knew it was going to happen...

wonatthewire1
05-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Got the first unsolicited mail today about how I too, could clean up on Preakness day the same way that others became "millionaires" betting the KY Derby.

Our esteemed handicapper? "Derby" Bill Watson of Richmond, VA. "Look for another major upset in the Preakness, call me today for the information or check out my web site."

Checking the web site > $60/week for his "selections" (whatever that entails) and a personal note that he is on the Pimilco scene checking out all the contenders...

Anyone else get interesting mail this week?

HEY DUDE
05-16-2005, 08:20 PM
ditto.

bill
05-16-2005, 08:28 PM
got it need to borrow 120 for two mos touting :D

bill

rokitman
05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
$60?! My Inside Man will hook you up for bargain $40!! I haven't talked to him since he hit the Derby Superfecta but I'm sure he's ready to crush the Preakness, as he has every year since 1972. http://tinyurl.com/dbbkh

Lasix1
05-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Got the first unsolicited mail today about how I too, could clean up on Preakness day the same way that others became "millionaires" betting the KY Derby.

Our esteemed handicapper? "Derby" Bill Watson of Richmond, VA. "Look for another major upset in the Preakness, call me today for the information or check out my web site."

Checking the web site > $60/week for his "selections" (whatever that entails) and a personal note that he is on the Pimilco scene checking out all the contenders...

Anyone else get interesting mail this week?
Ohhhhh, Yeah..........I needed a shovel to get all the B.S. out of my mailbox this week.

Listen to this: "Of all the handicappers in America, only I, John Piesen, even had Giacomo on my ticket. He was my saver longshot...." (No word on how many other 'saver' longshots he put out.)

But wait! In the same mailing, I hear from the California Turf Club, and they also claim they had Giacomo as their longshot overlay. Piesen must have never heard of the California Turf Club since, as he said, "Only I, John Piesen, had Giacomo...."

Both of these mailings predict big scores in the Preakness, too. "PREAKNESS UPSET!," Piesen says on paper that is made to look like a telegram. "HAVE CONFIRMED SERIOUS INTENTIONS OF A HIGHLY SKILLED OUTFIT TO WIN RACE...."

I think all these guys are right. They had Giacomo. If you buy a ticket on every horse in the race, no one can dispute that you had the winner. Moreover, this year you'd have made money with that strategy.

It remains the most reliable way to win the Preakness, too.

If you don't think so, just watch your mailbox the week before the Belmont.... ;)

takeout
05-16-2005, 09:45 PM
"Derby" Bill Watson of Richmond, VA?

Is it me or does something seem a bit off there? :lol:

wonatthewire1
05-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Well, there is a Colonial Downs OTB in Richmond > maybe "Derby" Bill frequents that fine establishment!

I haven't gotten the Piesen mailing > though I did get a Tom Console mailing today too > though it is dated "January 24, 2005: to Tom Console" on the FG Method.

Its strange, I rarely ever get any unsolicited racing related mail, I must have ended up on somebody's mailing list. :confused:

kenwoodallpromos
05-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Sounds like great deal, but why is he at Pimlico checking out the contenders if only AA is there and he predicts a major upset? Thanks,
TC Ken

wonatthewire1
05-16-2005, 10:18 PM
You'll have to ask him Kenwood > that's what he's saying that he's checking out the contenders and will have some big mutuals on Saturday...

JimG
05-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Derby Bill exists, I've met him. In fact, if you watch the Colonial Downs feed, you would have seen him as he is the on-track handicapper. A likeable fellow but I would not pay a dime for his picks.

Jim

dav4463
05-18-2005, 02:29 AM
I got my John Piesen letter today ! It says he had Giacomo as his saver ticket ! He also has crushed the Preakness four times ! He's won the last two in a row !

But the best one came from California Turf Club. "Dear Racing Fan: Yes we had Giacomo at 50-1 to upset the Kentucky Derby !" "But since he was our OVERLAY bet......we maintain a strict policy of telling it like it is and being honest.....since Giacomo was only an overlay bet and our top choice was Afleet Alex.....we are giving the Preakness and Black Eyed Susan away for free ! " It also mentioned that they had 7 of 12 undercard winners, but since we didn't win them all....you can order the Preakness Day million dollar plays for free !!! What a deal !

alysheba88
05-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Piesen is a total degnerate scumbag peddling that crap.

kenwoodallpromos
05-18-2005, 12:50 PM
"It also mentioned that they had 7 of 12 undercard winners".I just checked Equibase summary results- there were only 11 undercard races.

takeout
05-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Must have been a dead heat. :D

NoDayJob
05-18-2005, 04:26 PM
:lol: I got an e-mail stating that I was the sole winner of 2mm euros. The check's in the mail, I'm sure. :lol:

NDJ

kenwoodallpromos
05-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Mins said 2mm Zeros!

Bathless
05-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Back when Piesen was 'working' for DRF (and I still bought it), he would pick the top 3 in every race, plus his best bet. That's a total of 30 horses in a 10 race card. One day, probably just to confirm what I strongly suspected -- that his picks were awful, I decided to check his picks to see how he actually did at MTH. From 10 races with an average of 8 starters per race, NOT A SINGLE ONE OF PIESEN'S TOP 30 PICKS HIT THE BOARD. I did not say that they didn't win. I said THEY DIDN'T HIT THE BOARD. Folks, that's not easy to do. It takes a real savant to do that. Confirmed my suspicion that he was a know-nothing dirt bag.

JohnGalt1
05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Paul Allen the Canterbury track announcer said his mother bet $2 on every Derby horse.

I guess we can expect a letter from her any day now how she nailed the Derby.

Overlay
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
From 10 races with an average of 8 starters per race, NOT A SINGLE ONE OF PIESEN'S TOP 30 PICKS HIT THE BOARD. I did not say that they didn't win. I said THEY DIDN'T HIT THE BOARD.

Assuming that Piesen based his picks on some kind of systematic procedure, a record like that would probably mean that when he did hit a winner, it would be at the kind of mutuels that he could exploit in his advertising (not that it would have been enough for him to show anything approaching a flat-bet profit).