front cover of the Daily Racing Form can fortell the winner of
the race they represent. There is a hidden message if you
know how to decipher it.
On 60 Minutes they showed how prisoners
on Pelican Bay can send messages hidden in artwork via U.S. mail
to their homeboys on the outside world.

Tom
05-15-2005, 10:49 PM
The used to be ( still is??) a cartoon in the NY Daily News - Ching Chow, or something like that - featured Chinnese wisdoms. The date would appear in different places of the single panel cartoon everyday to correspond to a race number 1-9, and the saying would somehow lead you to the name of the winner of that race. THAT one was around a long time, back in the dot system days.
Something like "All men created equal....but less than a woman." and the horse's name it lead you too might be Miss Warior.

(Yes...I charted the results of it for a while!:bang: )

the little guy
05-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Forgetting for a second that we hate each other Tom, it's funny you said that, as I was thinking the same thing when I saw that post.

My Grandmother, who I went to Aqueduct and Belmont with when I was much younger, told me the same thing about " Ching Chow " like 30 years ago. I must've looked at that silly cartoon for 20 years trying to figure out what the hell she was talking about.

Macdiarmadillo
05-16-2005, 12:19 AM
This has seemed to be true for a bunch of the Derby issues, where the winner was front and center in the cartoon or the focus of the cartoon. I always wondered if this was Peb's reference to his own pick.

Peb didn't include every horse and trainer this year (he has in the past IIRC). I guess we couldn't pick this year's because there was no cartoon reference to either Giacomo or Closing Argument.

OTM Al
05-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Ching Chow does still exist, but is renamed Mr. Lucky for PC purposes. Have also heard they used to put sets of straight lines in the drawing that corresponded to a particular wager...or that a wager was based on the number of lines....who knows besides the fact that an asian guy dressed in a leprechaun suit spouting strange wisdom each morning is just kinda odd.

Valuist
05-16-2005, 10:32 AM
If you play Metallica's "Enter Sandman" backward there is a message that could be construed as "Giacomo will lose at Pimlico".

BIG RED
05-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Maybe he was trying to tell us to throw out the Zito horses?

toetoe
05-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Guy,

I'm sure p/a backs me up when I say:

"There'll be no forgetting we hate each other!"

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2005, 12:30 AM
a) leave me out of this
b) hatred not tolerated on the horse racing topics

kingfin66
05-17-2005, 12:36 AM
If you play Metallica's "Enter Sandman" backward there is a message that could be construed as "Giacomo will lose at Pimlico".

Why waste a listen of such a rocking tune? Just play Sandman turned up to 11 while watching Giacomo finish up the track at Pimlico.

the little guy
05-17-2005, 12:43 AM
a) leave me out of this
b) hatred not tolerated on the horse racing topicsI thought I was being nice.

Of course, I think that a lot of times.

toetoe
05-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Back to eating four and twenty crows in a humble pie, for me. But can I continue to hate myself, as it's between one consenting adult? And don't feel sorry for me; I'm taking care of that myself too.

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2005, 01:08 AM
I thought I was being nice.

Of course, I think that a lot of times.

I was of course directing my post towards toetoe.

Speaking of toetoe, where are they now? Does anyone care?

chrisg
05-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Speaking of toetoe, where are they now?

Toetoe...from Kansas...R-can-zuss...Rcansaw Derby...Afleet Alex...Preakness... :lol: :lol: :lol:

...couldn't resist.
:p