PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Pinny matchups

Valuist
05-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Nice job by the Pinnacle matchup-maker yesterday. In the Bel stake, he didn't use the favorite but had a matchup between 8-1 shot Bank Audit and 9-1 Sensibly Chic. He was dead on as Bank Audit prevailed by a nose over Sensibly Chic.

Bel 7th- ANEW +162 over Leading the Parade. I think this differential is just too big. LTP is consistent but unspectacular. He's run an 87 and 86 Beyer since he returned off a layoff but that's as fast as he's ever run. There isn't much speed in here and Anew may be the beneficiary of a soft pace.

Bel 8th- IRISH COLONIAL -121 over Certifiably Crazy. I usually prefer dogs but this is a fairly small favorite. Irish Colonial loves Bel, handles firm or soft, is drawn fairly inside and gets a solid turf rider in Castellano. CC is a solid grass horse but maybe just a cut below the favorite.

CD 9th- YES BETH +115 over Brag. This is a battle of two fillies who's last Beyer I questioned. The 8 length gap from 3rd to 4th makes me think Yes Beth's number is more legit. Yes Beth should get a good trip from the inside.

cj
05-15-2005, 10:41 AM
I think they have the wrong horse favored in the CD 9th.

I wouldn't touch the 7th at Bel, the spread is big but the fave looks a lot better to me.

The 8th looks like a tossup, slight edge to IC, so they have it about right in my opinion.