PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Long Shot-GGF

how cliche
05-15-2005, 03:23 AM
I have a book in progress on ultra low profile trainer Roario Aguilar at GGF. On March 23, 2003 I scored with a runner named Dandi Candi at the lowest level, Md8000. He was 49-1 and he closed from off the pace to win. He had an interesting racing schedule.

He was competing in Md8000 sprints and losing badly every 14 to 28 days, rarely working.

Two races before the win he stretched to a mile and again lost badly, showing nothing, early middle or late.

In the final race before the win he shortened back to the sprint distance and was 2nd at the first call by 1/2 length before stopping as always. Speed.

Seven days later he sprinted again. He took the stamina from the route, the speed from the sprint and parlayed it into a win on the quick turnaround. I spotted it coming, but wasn't confident and categorized him as a bronze opinion & a $20 win bet. His trainer was 0 for 25 and his rider was 2 for 42 to that point. It was the rider's 2nd consecutive time up on him. I didn't expect him to win, but he did.

I see a runner who lines up somewhat with this kind of schedule for tomorrow's 4th. He's #6 Bass's Chance at 15-1 on the morning line.

He's been racing with a sparser schedule. Every 4 or 5 weeks. The last two races have been routes. But in the last, 9 days ago, he was less than 2 lengths off at the first call. Speed. The trainer is 2 for 25 and the rider is 0 for 41 to this point. It's her 2nd consecutive time up. Again I don't expect him to win. I see enough in common with Dandi Candi to make him a bronze opinion and to take the $20 flyer. Hey, he showed speed and is coming back quick. I'm not oozing confidence. I play these kinds of runners and hit one in ten. But at 50-1 or somewhere in there, Bass's Chance is worth a shot.

As always take a look and judge for yourself.

toetoe
05-16-2005, 11:14 PM
If you hit one in ten, you'll be HUGE!