PDA

View Full Version : Gracias, Senor Bush!

Equineer
05-14-2005, 01:08 PM
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050514/2005-05-14T143802Z_01_N14373426_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-BUSH-DC.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Bush vows vigorous enforcement of U.S. trade laws
President Bush called on Congress on Saturday to approve a controversial free-trade pact with Central America and sought to assure Americans that U.S. trade laws will be "vigorously" enforced.

Senor Bush said (in English), "This agreement would help the new democracies in our hemisphere deliver better jobs and higher labor standards to their workers, and it would create a more level playing field for American goods and services."

Earlier this week Bush promised the leaders of Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras and the Dominican Republic that he would fight for congressional approval of the trade pact.

What this really means, of course, is that Senor Bush has promised to outsource more American jobs to Central America, and would vigorously enforce the new free-trade pact designed to accelerate the movement of American jobs and companies to Central America.

Meanwhile, by ordering Border Patrol officers to stand down from their duties (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050513-122032-5055r.htm), Senor Bush also quieted fears that Central Americans might begin to lose their right to choose between new jobs created in their homelands and existing jobs in America.

Rumors also persist about unidentified Pentagon sources hinting that Rumsfeld has urged Bush to completely dismantle the Border Patrol. Some Pentagon strategists apparently believe that unfettered illegal immigration is needed to help military recruiters achieve future quotas by saturating the supply side of the entry-level, low-income labor market.

ljb
05-14-2005, 01:17 PM
The last paragraph got a chuckle out of me. The rest was just another example of the lies and deciets being delivered by this administration to the unsuspecting masses.

SandyE
05-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Or just someone's idea of creative writing? Do away with the border patrol? Don't think that will ever happen.
Where did you find this rather interesting article anyway?
Sounds like bs to me.

So who had the KD winner? And do you think/believe he'll repeat the performance?

Equineer
05-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Or just someone's idea of creative writing? Do away with the border patrol? Don't think that will ever happen.
Where did you find this rather interesting article anyway?
Sounds like bs to me.I think that rumor originally started circling the Beltway after the Border Patrol was ordered to stand down from its job, as reported in the second (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050513-122032-5055r.htm) of the two linked news stories.

One argument seems to be why pay for a Border Patrol that has been ordered to ignore illegal immigrants? And don't you think millions of illegal aliens crowding the low income job market would help military recruiting? Moreover, after they have been granted amnesty by our government, quite a few foreigners have volunteered and served in the U.S. armed forces.

JustRalph
05-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I say "go ahead" get rid of them. Put up a wall at about 2 stories high and deploy predator drones..........end of problem

Kreed
05-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Good one Ralph. lmao.

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2005, 07:42 PM
He will need to run to Central America after the Haliburton bonus scandal hits widespread!