PDA

View Full Version : Bush Admin to close Walter Reed Hospital

Secretariat
05-13-2005, 08:00 PM
I guess they'll just kick out all the wounded Iraqi war vets.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/base_closings_medical

kenwoodallpromos
05-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Learn to read! You are just spewing nonsense in your thread title.
I call both you guys and the Righties on their inaccuracies.
Here is what your link says:
"The far larger Navy hospital at Bethesda opened in 1942.

Research at Walter Reed's satellite Forest Glen facility at Silver Spring, Md., will be expanded.

Among other proposed changes:

_ Build a new 165-bed hospital at Fort Belvoir, Va., just south of Washington. Creating the expanded facility in Bethesda — to be renamed the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda — and building the new hospital at Fort Belvoir will cost a combined $1 billion, according to Taylor, who directed a multi-service group that developed the overall plan for changing the medical care delivery system."
So now what, you are against the Govt putting money up to give the military what it needs for health and safety?
Now you can tell me the Base Commission is not independent.

Secretariat
05-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Learn to read! You are just spewing nonsense in your thread title.
I call both you guys and the Righties on their inaccuracies.
Here is what your link says:
"The far larger Navy hospital at Bethesda opened in 1942.

Research at Walter Reed's satellite Forest Glen facility at Silver Spring, Md., will be expanded.

Among other proposed changes:

_ Build a new 165-bed hospital at Fort Belvoir, Va., just south of Washington. Creating the expanded facility in Bethesda — to be renamed the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda — and building the new hospital at Fort Belvoir will cost a combined $1 billion, according to Taylor, who directed a multi-service group that developed the overall plan for changing the medical care delivery system."
So now what, you are against the Govt putting money up to give the military what it needs for health and safety?
Now you can tell me the Base Commission is not independent.

Uh, Kendall.. "RESEARCH" at a satellite facility as an excuse for closing down Walter Reed doesn't cut it. That's patronizing. If you read the article only "SOME" of the existing staff will be maintained.

A billion dollar hospital "proposed change" would have to be approved an built.

I suggest you read the plight of Veteran Care that is occurring in this country here. Words like "consolidation", "research expansion", "proposed changes" do not belie the fact that my thread title is correct. Walter Reed will be closed down by this administration. You don't cut 400 million and not have vets affected. That's just naive.

http://www.pbs.org/now/

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2005, 11:53 AM
I am personally haveing problems with my own local VA, so I am aware of a lot.
I also live near Alameda Naval Air Station, so I know something about base closings.
I have also been following Calisornia base closings, so I also am not fooled into thinking this is all the administration. That is also why I do not blatantly and naively blame Clinton for the Ca base closings on his watch.

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Castle, Fort Ord, Mare Island, parts of Miramar also closed under Clinton Administration. Over 60,000 out of work 1992-1997.
No replacing or remodeling.
Under Clinton, Va hospital at Livermore gets facelitf instead of advised replacement. Va consollidation starts.
__
I have been screwed over for the 3rd time recently bt Cliff Duran, patient advocate at Oakland VA clinic because he instisted that I vote straight Democeatic line instead of my usual 3rd parties. This started 2 years ago with him insisting Bush would raise copay from $7 to $15. It is still $7.
You can believe anything you want about politics, but I am 3rd party because it is not all 1-sided. Both parties are all about the elite.

kenwoodallpromos
05-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Bush appointees while congrress was away:

Anthony Principi;
The other members of the commission named by Bush on Friday were former representative James H. Bilbray *****(D-Nev.); Philip E. Coyle, an assistant defense secretary ****under President Bill Clinton; retired Navy Adm. Harold W. Gehman Jr.; former representative James V. Hansen (R-Utah); retired Army Gen. James T. Hill; retired Air Force Gen. Lloyd Warren Newton; Samuel K. Skinner, who was White House chief of staff and transportation secretary under President George H.W. Bush; and retired Air Force Brig. Gen. ***Sue Ellen Turner.
______
Demos, Ex-clintonites, a woman; will help make the actual decisions; real neocon sexists, eh?
Your buddy Trent Lott is POed at Bush over Bush's impariality.