PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Park Opens Tomorrow

peakpros
05-13-2005, 04:44 PM
At last. Summer is here.

Monmouth opens tomorrow and the fun begins.

Good luck to all.

46zilzal
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
If only they had some fields larger than 6 entrants it would be one to follow

peakpros
05-13-2005, 09:07 PM
11 races...

112 or so entered....

not a bad opening day....

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2005, 04:24 AM
46, where do you come up with these fantasy posts? 7 of the 11 races today at Monmouth have 10 horses or more (and I'm NOT counting the AEs...)

Do you just post shit and hope nobody notices?

46zilzal
05-14-2005, 11:09 AM
7 of the 11 races today at Monmouth have 10 horses or more (and I'm NOT counting the AEs...)

Today (when meets START the races are always FULL)..give it time and we we be looking a 6 horse fields top to bottom

wonatthewire1
05-14-2005, 11:59 AM
don't worry, the dude is just needs a place to vent...even if it is fantasy most of the time!

Go take a walk > it'll do you some good!

RXB
05-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Short fields are a real problem of contemporary racing, but I don't think that Monmouth does worse than most other tracks in that regard.

46zilzal
05-14-2005, 05:34 PM
I do not get the Monmouth signal on the weekends. My experinces there are LIMITED (and therefore MIGHT BE SKEWED) by my own personal experiences and the multiple comlaints I hear from the crowd at the Harness course from which I wager. Now ...in a clear tone: that has been MY EXPERIENCE, directly. My goodness! it could be wrong.

As an aside: I discoverd that in 1997 Monmouth had the largest average field size.

peakpros
05-14-2005, 05:51 PM
I made it to monmouth 60 days last year. It was a vastly improved meet over past years.

This year will be even better...lukas, john henning, ziadie from tampa and others have shipped in. The purses are the highest ever.

The place was crowded today. Sunshine and horses.

Life doesn't get any better.

46zilzal
05-14-2005, 06:03 PM
"Do you just post sh** and hope nobody notices?"

thought we weren't to talk like that...registration form say it's a No no.

46zilzal
05-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Received a note today FROM those chaps at the course in NJ ;"Turf races just about always average 12 or more horses while races onthe main track average between 7 and 8 horses depending of course on thetype of race. Stake and allowance races usually don't draw as many horses as maiden or low priced claiming races."

Straight from THEIR mouths okay??

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2005, 09:17 PM
"Do you just post sh** and hope nobody notices?"

thought we weren't to talk like that...registration form say it's a No no.

I impose the NYPD Blue standard of censorship. That is widely known around here. Shit would be acceptable, if not used too liberally. I thought my post called for a shit at that moment. Sorry you don't agree.

But technically, you may be right, since only BULLSHIT was uttered on NYPD Blue, not SHIT. So let me rephrase that comment:

"Do you just post BULLSHIT and hope nobody notices?"

Suff
05-14-2005, 10:53 PM
I impose the NYPD Blue standard of censorship. That is widely known around here. "

I'm in the HBO standard camp. The fringe. I occasionally erupt in "Civil disobediance". Then Elkabong pulled a Jason Blair on me? You saw it! :D He lifted my material! That's what happens I know. You gotta keep a tight rein on the profanity pony. First 1/4'r in 25.2 tight. *Cuz it'll spread like drunken money in a whore house.

* metaphor meets the NYPD Blue standard of censorship.

JustRalph
05-15-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm in the HBO standard camp. The fringe. I occasionally erupt in "Civil disobediance". Then Elkabong pulled a Jason Blair on me? You saw it! :D He lifted my material! That's what happens I know. You gotta keep a tight rein on the profanity pony. First 1/4'r in 25.2 tight. *Cuz it'll spread like drunken money in a whore house.

* metaphor meets the NYPD Blue standard of censorship.

:lol: :lol: :lol: