PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Promotion ever

OTM Al
05-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Okay, so I'm going to the Mets game tonight. Ordered the tickets online, so today I get their email "pamphlet" on, which is called, of all things, "The Flushing Flash". As I snicker once again at a title that looks like something that happens after you've eaten one too many bad tacos, I scroll down to see what it has to say. Oh, this is interesting, the upcoming promotions.....lets see....Sunday is Calendar day...well, that's useful and usually has some nice pictures....Saturday is cap day. The free caps I've gotten at Shea have been amazingly nice. Not at all like the crappy ones they give out at Yankee stadium......okay, and tonight....my game.....Jeep Owners Appreciation Night?????????? WTF......I now quote from the ad..."The first 1,000 Jeeps to drive to Shea will park for free, receive a Mets CD visor holder and enjoy a tailgate party, courtesy of Jeep."

Okay, I go to ball games to watch the game and revel in the atmosphere. I don't care about free stuff really, but this one just mystifies me. You know, I really am at a loss for words on this one....I mean hey, if they were giving away a free Jeep to a lucky ticket holder, that would be cool. If they were giving away a keychain with Mets and Jeep logos, that would be normal, but a promo for the first 1000 jeeps that come to Shea....I can just see the incentives here......"Hey honey I've got these tickets for the 13th and guess what! Its Jeep owners appreciation night! I'm going to rush right out and buy one now so we too can go to the tailgate party with all the other cool Jeep owners".....

Oh well, Mets v. Cards. Should be a good game.

JustRalph
05-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Jeep is famous for doing stuff like that.

When I owned a Grand Cherokee they constantly sent me invites and disounts to local attractions etc. They will do just about do anything to get you to attend a Jeep Jamboree..........

http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/

I never went.. But some people love it..........