PDA

View Full Version : Track Bias Analysis - testing

Brian Flewwelling
05-11-2005, 06:58 AM
I might be completely out of order here. If so, PA, blast this away!

As many of you know, the Trackhorses site is closed until we can pay Equibase for their data. It previously operated on the 'free' downloads from Equibase. I am hopeful that the site will return very soon.

In the mean time i am developing a form that will let users look at track bias by post position, and by Odds at post. Since most of the experts on these matters browse this site, i am including the link to my test site asking for comment and suggestions.

http://204.209.150.36:2719/TrackProfileAnalysis.asp

Fleww

hurrikane
05-11-2005, 07:47 AM
is it suppose to be working?

Brian Flewwelling
05-11-2005, 01:06 PM
yes it is working, but you need to select a track from the list on the left, and choose a report type from the buttons at the top, then hit submit

then choose the surface and distance, and again the submit button.

after each selection ..... the submit button.

Fleww

chickenhead
05-11-2005, 01:26 PM
I had to type in the track...just selecting it and hitting submit didn't do anything.

I'd prefer the distance in furlongs...easier. What is I_nr? not familiar with that.

Brian Flewwelling
05-11-2005, 01:39 PM
I had to type in the track...just selecting it and hitting submit didn't do anything.

interesting! ... what browser are you using? all the code is in "basic" and requires the Microsoft Internet Explorer

I'd prefer the distance in furlongs...easier.

you shall get your wish. and Thank you, i had intended that, but forgot

What is I_nr? not familiar with that.

I is short for Impact, nr for Number of Runners. what we get here is the number of runners finishing In The Money (WPS) compared to the number Expected by the number of runners (3/N). In a 10 horse race we expect 3 horses to finish ITM.

I_odds is the Impact based on the Odds at Post. (winners only, of course)

Fleww

chickenhead
05-11-2005, 02:03 PM
I use Firefox...

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2005, 03:53 AM
Since this appears free of charge at the moment, I'm not going to complain much.

When you switch to a subscription-based model, and enjoy the clientel you have picked up from this site through this "beta-test," you can thank me later by buying some advertising space if/when I get my own website finances in order....LOL

Brian Flewwelling
05-12-2005, 12:59 PM
PA thank you. When we switch to a subscription based site, I consider this site as a prime candidate for advertising dollars.

You may not believe this, but my intentions were not about promoting the site when I posted. I was wondering about my choice of Odds classes, and the factors available/missing. I am still waiting for comments on these.

Fleww

hurrikane
05-12-2005, 01:34 PM
b-

i think it is too restrictive myself. but that is just me.

Brian Flewwelling
05-12-2005, 02:25 PM
hurricane, thanks for taking a look.

any hints about what is too restrictive? what liberation could be provided?

Fleww

sjk
05-12-2005, 03:24 PM
You want to have some size to the data sets to gain significance. You might look at all tracks for given distances and field sizes. You might look at sprints (or routes) as a group for a given track.