Sprints Less Than One Mile

First Call Second Call
Min Beaten Lengths: 0.00 0.00
Max Beaten Lengths: 7.00 5.00
Avg Beaten Lengths: 1.90 1.01

% Winners Wire to Wire: .31

Post Position 1- 3 4 - 6 7 - 8 9 - 10 11 +
% Winners .53 .23 .20 .10 0.00

Most winners are right on the pace at the first and second call.

hrprofiles
05-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Forgot to add the running style profile to the Delaware profile.I tried using a table to post the data but I could not get it to post correctly.Running style is determined at the first call.

Early(0-2 lenghts) Presser (2-4) Closer (4+)
% Winners .69 .15 .15

Valuist
05-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Some interesting things at Delaware this past Saturday and Sunday. Taking out the Arabian races, we had 17 races on the main track.

Average winning margin: 5 lengths
Median winning margin: 5.25 lengths

Even Turfway doesn't have these kind of margins. Usually the sign of a speed or rail bias.

cj
05-09-2005, 05:24 PM
A couple Beyers on the Saturday card would indicate the same, a 112 and a 105 in seperate races for a 3yo and a 3yo filly.

Valuist
05-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Maybe Egg Head isn't the monster I initially thought. That 112 does look questionable.

This is my first year playing Delaware. Hasn't this track produced numbers in the past that seemed a bit on the high side?

RXB
05-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Delaware is a track that I've seen quite a bit, just because it runs on Monday and Tuesday when things are quieter. But my dirt record there has not been very good. I'm pretty careful now, try to stick mainly to the grass routes at Del unless there is an utterly obvious opportunity in a dirt route or maiden.

RXB
05-10-2005, 01:48 AM
And with that said, wouldn't you know it-- I like a horse on Tuesday: Flip Tour in the 5th. Three-for-three at Del; barn is good; a top rider; seems properly spotted; Dominguez is on a slow ML favourite; and the ML 2nd choice (which finished ahead of Flip Tour in their last race) looks like a declining horse.

Unfortunately, I doubt that the 6/1 ML will hold, but 4/1 at the gate is a bettable price as long as he doesn't look lousy on the track.

shanta
05-10-2005, 11:18 AM
And with that said, wouldn't you know it-- I like a horse on Tuesday: Flip Tour in the 5th. Three-for-three at Del; barn is good; a top rider; seems properly spotted; Dominguez is on a slow ML favourite; and the ML 2nd choice (which finished ahead of Flip Tour in their last race) looks like a declining horse.

Unfortunately, I doubt that the 6/1 ML will hold, but 4/1 at the gate is a bettable price as long as he doesn't look lousy on the track.

I am looking at the 5 and the 1 in that race. The 1 offers value on the ml at 8/1 and handles this 8.3 f distance well. Also Dominguez off and the move to an obscure trainer should insure great value. The 5 fits e/l patterns at this distance like a glove.

Gotta hope the ml fav #4 does not get a shot of the "Pino juice" first off claim. I agree this horse has plenty of roach in him.

Best of luck RXB!

Richie :)

RXB
05-10-2005, 04:32 PM
I reviewed the race this morning and decided to drop my gate-odds requirements to 7/2. Then I saw Flip Tour looking quite nice as he warmed up and I dropped the minimum to 3/1. Unfortunately, he was already 5/2 by that time and when he went to 2/1 at the two-minute mark I knew there was no chance for a play. (I didn't realize I had such a following amongst the general public.)

Won easily, paid $6.40. Oh well.