PDA

View Full Version : derby results good for racing

acorn54
05-09-2005, 12:24 AM
the public will see that picking 4 horses out of 20 to win close to million dollars is a better proposition than the state lottery's where they have to pick 6 numbers out of 54
acorn

kenwoodallpromos
05-09-2005, 02:40 AM
You just have to get the states to legalize selling pick 6's and superfectas in the corner liquor store.

cj
05-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Now we just need more 20 horse fields!

Anyone catch the Sports Reporters on Sunday? Is there anything more painful than listening guys who know absolutely nothing about horse racing try to talk about horse racing? I've never thought much of Mike Lupica, but that aside, just shut up if you are totally clueless.

rastajenk
05-09-2005, 03:25 AM
These payoffs will be forgotten by next week by the general sports public.

The allure of a popular winner like Smarty Jones is better for the game than a high-paying winner.

Valuist
05-09-2005, 03:12 PM
I think NBC was hoping Bellamy or Alex would win. Better storylines with Steinbrenner or the "everyday guys from Philly". Sure Big Stein has more money than God but everybody knows who he is. I don't think the public can feel warm and fuzzy over the owner/founder of A & M Records, or a horse that won the race barely scraping the century mark.

CryingForTheHorses
05-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Now we just need more 20 horse fields!

Anyone catch the Sports Reporters on Sunday? Is there anything more painful than listening guys who know absolutely nothing about horse racing try to talk about horse racing? I've never thought much of Mike Lupica, but that aside, just shut up if you are totally clueless.

Isnt that the truth, Hate when they are trying to explain something that they have no clue about, The stupid questions like when you were pulling down your goggles what were you thinking.I also think the lady on the pony is also a little off the wall..Sorry Frankie!

Niko
05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
At work a few people were talking about the Derby payouts. They didn't follow horseracing (they don't know I like to bet). They couldn't believe the payouts. Then they talked about Smarty and went on the internet to look at more info. The spectrum between the two I believe has worked well?