PDA

View Full Version : Video is available at ESPN.com

BeatTheChalk
05-08-2005, 04:01 PM
The finish of the race .. looked a lot closer to me ...than the official chart
recap says. Looked to me about 1/2 length .. separated the top 3 .. Also
Closing Argument ran one great race. Up on the pace...and ran his eyeballs
out to the finish. AA had ton of trouble .. threaded the needle to make a
big run for it. And finally ... Sting .. I mean Giacomo .. came from pretty much
dead last. Obviously the SUPER HOT PACE did not hurt him. And now for
only $9.95 plus shipping .. get the Video .. with Sting doing the voice over :)

JPinMaryland
05-08-2005, 04:05 PM
I watched this race at a track around here.

I was so excited, I think it might possibly have been the greatest Derby and/or greatest race that I can recall.

When/where is the next video of the entire race being shown on TV

I.e. what network and what time?? Thakns.

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2005, 07:14 PM
AA didn't really have a ton of trouble. Watching his ride from the blimp shot, yes, he had to thread his way, but the holes were always there, until the final turn. He was getting holes to open up for him kind of like Sea Hero did with Bailey guiding....

Every time you thought AA was done, the hole would open, and Rose would shoot right in....

He NEVER had to check and lose momentum, even though it looked like he was going to clip heels at any MOMENT. I give Rose all the credit in the world for keeping his cool, and giving Afleet Alex every chance to win the race down the stretch....

Figman
05-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Jockey Rose and trainer Ritchey did one hell of a job! What about the possibility that the rail was deeper and not the best place to be on Derby Day at Churchill?
After all, MADCAP ESCAPADE sure stopped bad on the rail two races earlier.

And why does Nick Zito belong in the Hall of Fame? As was posted on this Board a couple of months ago after trainer Bill White lost HIGH FLY to Zito, it was pointed out that Bill White had a better lifetime record with route horses than Zito does lifetime. Zito does have superior "PR" as compared to most other trainers thus getting the best horses.

DJofSD
05-08-2005, 09:08 PM
AA in the BC Classic.

DJofSD

Zaf
05-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Watching the overhead view on the NBC telecast, he appeared to give AA a very competent ride. He had AA in position to win the hardest race to win of all.

ZAFONIC

e_r
05-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Agreed with the boss: AA got pretty much the perfect trip---he was inside, behind all the action. He, at least, should've beaten Closing ARgument, who got a wider trip. This is not to say that I'm as impressed by the latter's race as most seem to be. He WAS NOT pressing the pace, he was directly behind the chasers and in fact, the Buzzard Horse made a sharper and wider move than he did MID TURN.
If we throw out the speed (as having no shot, and not running back in the Preakness) the horses that did the most running are the chasers---those that pressed the pace and actually MADE some kind of move late turn and entering the stretch.

sealord
05-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Where on ESPN.com is the Derby replay? I can't find it anywhere?