PDA

View Full Version : Never Mind

hcap
05-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Well boys and girls looks like another case of oops! We all know our fearless leaders never fib....

Captured Al-Qaeda kingpin is case of ‘mistaken identity’
Christina Lamb and Mohammad Shehzad Islamabad

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1602568,00.html

...THE capture of a supposed Al-Qaeda kingpin by Pakistani agents last week was hailed by President George W Bush as “a critical victory in the war on terror”. According to European intelligence experts, however, Abu Faraj al-Libbi was not the terrorists’ third in command, as claimed, but a middle-ranker derided by one source as “among the flotsam and jetsam” of the organisation.

I suspect bushs' abyssmal approval ratings had somethin to do with this ‘mistaken identity’. :bang:

Kreed
05-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the great posts that say, TRUTH still means something. I cannot
wait for this 43 to retire. He's like a toothache where 5 mins seems endless.

ljb
05-08-2005, 10:12 AM
As we all know, Bushco has never let the truth get in the way of their message. :D :D :D

Secretariat
05-08-2005, 10:59 AM
It's not about the truth with them, it's about disinformation. By proclaiming they've captured a number 3 Al-Quada member and having it broadcast nationwide, it gives the illusion that we are closer to winning the "war on terror" against Bin Laden and his allies. To them, so what if the story turns out to be false later. The mainstream press generally will not pick up the fact that they were mistaken again. They're very well aware of their strategy. The approach is simple -- when one policy failure occurs create a positive diversion from it. It'll be a week or two until it is discovered, but by then the diversion from the real story has already occurred. Coverage away from the British secret documents, away from the increase in insurgency attacks, and away from Bush's failed SS speech and policy, and the message is hey, we're succeeding, we just caught the number three man in Al Quada. From the Iraq diversion when they were unable to capture Bin Laden or Omar to the election tactics, they have become the masters of diversion. They do it well, but it certainly is dishonorable.

kenwoodallpromos
05-08-2005, 01:22 PM
I will support Barbara, Nancy, Teddy, and anyone else who impeaches his butt for what you think he did. What you think he did is an impeachable act.

Tom
05-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Yup. Let's impeach him for refusing to protect our borders. I'll go along with that. But remember......Dick Cheney moves up whe we do! :lol: