PDA

View Full Version : Who will brag that they had the Derby next year?

dav4463
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Next year, I wonder who will send out the flyers......"WE HAD THE DERBY for the umpteenth year in a row !!! " Send us money and we will win for you !!!!

Did any of the so-called experts who send out these fliers really have this one?

EQUIPACE
05-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Next year, I wonder who will send out the flyers......"WE HAD THE DERBY for the umpteenth year in a row !!! " Send us money and we will win for you !!!!

Did any of the so-called experts who send out these fliers really have this one?

I don't know if Niko considers himself an expert... But he did give 2 horses only in his post, and they finished back to back returning 9K+ for a $2 boxed ticket.

John
~żo

dav4463
05-08-2005, 06:58 PM
I know Niko called it here on this board, but I didn't get a fancy flier from him selling derby picks for ONLY $50 !!! You know the kind that send those things out every year !..........."this year I know the derby winner will pay over $20 and I have the inside information.....my track connections put me on an angle that will guarantee a winner....for only $50 I will give you that same inside information !..."

EQUIPACE
05-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I know Niko called it here on this board, but I didn't get a fancy flier from him selling derby picks for ONLY $50 !!! You know the kind that send those things out every year !..........."this year I know the derby winner will pay over $20 and I have the inside information.....my track connections put me on an angle that will guarantee a winner....for only $50 I will give you that same inside information !..."

David,
I see what you are getting at... I'll sit down... Hey I'll give you a flier for $50... Interested? Email me back in May 2006... <Just Kidding>

John
~żo

dav4463
05-08-2005, 09:00 PM
David,
I see what you are getting at... I'll sit down... Hey I'll give you a flier for $50... Interested? Email me back in May 2006... <Just Kidding>

John
~żo
It might be Jim Hurley, can't remember exactly, but one of them sent something saying they had the derby winner and the field wasn't even set yet !

joeyspicks
05-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Kelso Sturgon GUARANTEED his derby pick with his inside info and his 30 + years of experience:D I think the flyer said something like " the best horse I've seen in all my years in horse racing.....get ready for major profits "....... although I'm not sure because I tossed it before I read the entire thing....

.......if ONLY I had called that 800 number.....I too might be swimming in cash:lol:

the embarrasing thing for any handicapper is quick-pik was about the ONLY WAY to have won that thing. After 30 some years of handicapping my friends thought I hand some of that "inside knowledge" !!! And I DID !!!!.... I told them put $2 on every horse over 10-1 and forget about the rest.. I was half kidding....but if I would have followed my own advice I would have done better than I did with my figures and charts! (sigh)
oh well
Just one race....( and if it wasn't labeled KENTUCKY DERBY...but instead came with the label ALW 50000......I would have passed the race;) )

Niko
05-11-2005, 09:32 PM
$50, it'll be $100! LOL....I'm not an expert, there are much better on the board. I'm pretty consistent in staying ahead if I can pick my spots...now I'll be ahead for a long while.
I suppose now I can't share my picks next year because it'll drive down the odds. :cool:

alysheba88
05-17-2005, 09:04 AM
John Piesen, no doubt. Guy is utterly shameless

jandrus
05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I got three fliers yesturday. no one pick winner. but all had him as their other choice for second or third. you gotta love em. yes john p. was one

dav4463
05-17-2005, 05:10 PM
I got my John Piesen letter today ! It says he had Giacomo as his saver ticket ! He also has crushed the Preakness four times ! He's won the last two in a row !

But the best one came from California Turf Club. "Dear Racing Fan: Yes we had Giacomo at 50-1 to upset the Kentucky Derby !" "But since he was our OVERLAY bet......we maintain a strict policy of telling it like it is and being honest.....since Giacomo was only an overlay bet and our top choice was Afleet Alex.....we are giving the Preakness and Black Eyed Susan away for free ! " It also mentioned that they had 7 of 12 undercard winners, but since we didn't win them all....you can order the Preakness Day million dollar plays for free !!! What a deal !