Big Bill
05-07-2005, 11:26 AM
You might find this most interesting:

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120714,tk,dn050505X,00.asp

Big Bill

JustRalph
05-07-2005, 03:21 PM
http://www.beulahpark.com/images/Venues/SGwireless.jpg

Bill.........from the Beulah Park Crap hole......... I mean racetrack........
Wireless Access for Your Laptop
As an added convenience we offer wireless services with a hotspot in the Starting Gate. Bring your laptop with wireless card, the service accepts WLAN (IEEE 8011.b, IEEE 802.11g) interfaces. This is a new service that was launched recently as an experiment, we believe the first of its kind in the horse racing industry. However, certain sites such as online horse wagering addresses will be blocked at the access point. Please do not attempt to place a wager through any online service. Bring extra batteries as there are only limited locations for electrical outlets. At this time we will not be able to offer technical support but will help when we can.

BillW
05-07-2005, 03:25 PM
However, certain sites such as online horse wagering addresses will be blocked at the access point. Please do not attempt to place a wager through any online service.

Hmmm, AmericaTab blocked? seems strange :eek:

cj
05-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I understand the blocking of the Wager providers, but its not like you can't pick up a cell phone, or just connect through your cell phone while at the track.

Big Bill
05-07-2005, 07:01 PM
JR,

I miss that old crap hole. I'll be returning to Columbus in August for a visit with family, but the fall meet doesn't start till September 24th, so I'll just have to keep on missing it! Hope everything is going well in Pataskala.

Big Bill

JustRalph
05-07-2005, 09:35 PM
JR,

I miss that old crap hole. I'll be returning to Columbus in August for a visit with family, but the fall meet doesn't start till September 24th, so I'll just have to keep on missing it! Hope everything is going well in Pataskala.

Big Bill

Nice to hear from you Bill. We are fine here in Pataskala. I hope you are well. The wife and I both have new jobs and things are going well.

Big Bill
05-07-2005, 10:56 PM
JR,

Glad to hear that all is well. However, I guess I won't be able to use her influence for a table without waiting at the Cheescake Factory. <g>

Bill

kenwoodallpromos
05-08-2005, 12:06 AM
The windows make it look lioke a jail cell!LOL!