PDA

View Full Version : Saturday - Humana Distaff

LRL Racing
05-06-2005, 11:29 AM
In the Humana Distaff Madcap Escapade looks to be the winner and should be.. However, my baby 'Josh's Madelyn' is also running in the race at 20-1 and I believe she could be 2nd or 3rd. Four of these horses beat Maddy by 1/2 length for second last time at Keeneland but tomorrow we get a weight advantage and Maddy should be better. She is galloping strong, shining like a new penny, eating pretty well (she never eats great), very happy as she is back home and she will be fitter tomorrow than her last race when she got a little tired inside the 1/16th pole. Now we need some luck and a little divine intervention would be nice. Hope everybody has a good Derby day.

Skanoochies
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Good luck to you and Maddy. :jump:

LRL Racing
05-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Well that was not a very good showing by Maddy finishing ninth out of nine. So; what happened? My jockey says when Maddy changed leads she brought her head up and he knew she wasn't firing today. Don't know if she did not like the track, did not like the bumping from the gate or if she was worried about her boyfriend in the stall beside her. By the way her boyfriend was Giacomo or whatever his name is as he was stabled beside her. So not only did my girl not run I didn't bet Giacomo either.
Well; as my trainer says after most disappointments, "sometimes you get chicken and sometimes you get feathers." More feathers!!!!!!!!!