PDA

View Full Version : Saudi commercial

so.cal.fan
05-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Is anyone but me offended by the Saudi commercial they have running on TV? I have seen it on TVG Fox Sports and find it very disturbing.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, it is a slick promotional ad claiming Saudis are "peace keepers" "terrorist fighters" blah blah blah.
September 11, 2001- 16 or 19 terrorist/murderers were from this peace loving country- Saudi Arabia!
I have a hard time enjoying the races from Hollywood Park on Fox TVG with this commercial being aired several times.
:mad:

Tom
05-02-2002, 07:49 PM
Haven't seen it-hope I don't.
The only thing I want to see coming out of Sorry-Arabia
is an empty troop transport. The time is coming for those that harbor and breed terrorists. These people will find out how stupid 9-1-1 was for them.

JesseV!!!
05-10-2002, 04:53 PM
We all see the way these middle east people lie. Did you see the palastinian funeral where a gun was fired and they all ran...including the dead guy!

I just got done attempting a business deal with a M/E and the guy was a serial liar. I had to get a detective to his office to straighten it out. I ended up verbally ripping him a new A$$... for his business practices. Total jerk. (wholesale city inc. NJ)

The saudis just got caught playing the world as puppets. Their own clerics have been creating the taliban at their orders and we know it. Now they want to lie and treat us as idiots. We really need to come together as a Nation and sacrifice our gas guzzlers and separate ourselves from them. Hey, it's a start.
We must realize that, no matter how sweet and nice these people try to come across, they grew up learning to lie and hate us. Or...take a chance.

What a perfect time for Nibiru!

JesseV!!! John McCain!!!!

so.cal.fan
05-11-2002, 12:07 AM
I haven't seen the commercial lately.
They must have had a lot of complaints.

boxcar
05-12-2002, 07:16 AM
Posted by JesseV in part:

>>
We really need to come together as a Nation and sacrifice our gas guzzlers and separate ourselves from them. Hey, it's a start.
>>

Ahh...we are witnessing corporate and government greed at its "finest" hour.

For eight years Clinton never bothered formulating a comprehensive energy policy.

Now Bush comes along and tries to get drilling in ANWR passed, which also would have been a start.
But the DemRats in the Senate killed it.

I understand that there is enough oil in the Gulf of Mexico to keep our machinery running for a very long time, but the oil companies, who already hold the leases, won't drill because it's not profitable enough.

Greed. Greed. Greed. The lack of a _comprehensive_ energy policy by now is the result of greed on both sides of the aisles and by the oil companies. These $$$ whore mongers, who would sell out their own mothers for a dime, are putting our country at grave risks. The oil companies are even impeding progress for R&D into other technologies.

Japan, though, is determined to not get caught short. I just heard that their hydrogen-fueled car will be going into production (I think next year). Meanwhile we sit around and fiddle while Rome burns.

Formulating a comprehensive energy policy should be the Bush's Administration's and Congress' TOP priority, given the very unstable world situation, but instead they talk about everything else under the sun, e.g. prescription drug plan (how has this country ever survived all these years without one!?)

Boxcar

Tom
05-12-2002, 11:19 AM
first of all, my new Avatar is dedicated to the congress of the United States for it was most of them are, regardless of political party - Horses *sses!
Secondly, congress could address many issues, energy, terrorism, prescription drug plans, etc, if the just did what we elected them to do-represent US. Instead, most represent themselves, their own polictical futures and their own wealth-generating opportunities. We are represented by a class of people that is genereally greedy, crooked, and prone to tell so many lies that don't remember the truth.
the US government is deplorable and the only way to fix it is to always vote against every single incummbent, no matter who it is.
Send the message that you go for one term period. Then there will be no need for political parties, which are nothing more than vehicles they have created to protect themselves.
I was outraged at the events of 9-1-1 in NY, much less so at the pentagon, and when anthrax was found in the senate buildings,
I had absolutely no outrage at all. I thought....oh well. Too bad.
What's on HBO.....

JesseV!!!
05-13-2002, 01:40 AM
That's what I mean Boxcar! We can not wait for the 2 party mafioso's to
resolve the problems they create for us. We can't seem to get enough "reformers" to vote for, so we must take matters into our own hands. I'm getting 21 and 28 mpg. I'd like to do better. I don't need an extension of my...if you know what I mean.
I live in a far right logging area where you just buy F-350/club-cab/4X4/V-10's. The thought of increasing demand for gas doesn't cross their red necked minds. You have never seen so many gas guzzlers per capita in your life!!!

The other day, while walking my dog, I saw a jockey sized man who must have been on a pillow, driving an Excursion, pulling a large, duel axil trailer with one sheet of drywall on it.
You have to understand, I see this all day long! It's insane here!

We must act fast!

JesseV!!!/John McCain!!!

boxcar
05-13-2002, 06:43 AM
Jesse, I believe we're reading out of the same hymnal on this one. (Hard to beleive, eh? ;)

The U.S. should be adopting a VERY PROACTIVE energy policy simultaneously in three areas:

1- Dig for more oil 'cause we have plenty of it, and we have the technology to do this safely.

2- Put intense pressure on the auto industry to build _nothing but_ fuel efficent cars.

3- Look even further ahead by researching and developing new energy resources.

Vigorous and aggressive pursuit down all three of these avenues would eventually put a big dent in Saudi oil sales to us, and the Saudis right now are not in very good economic shape.

However, having said all this, we still might be a day late and dollar short. Truthfully, an energy policy like this should have been implemented at least a decade ago.

Boxcar