PDA

View Full Version : Prairie Meadows .50 cent pick 4

Cloud man
05-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed how dissapointing the pick 4 payoffs at Prairie Meadows were tonight. I had the late pick 4 which consisted of horses going of at; 2/1,11/1,2/1, and 7/5. For my troubles I picked up a whopping $65.00 on a $1.00 ticket. I would have made significantly more by just parlaying these horses together.:bang: I guess this goes to show you really have to keep tabs on the tote board at this low handle track.

Skanoochies
05-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Cloud Man. Would that only be comparable if you only played one horse in each leg? For instance, if you played two horses in each leg ie: 2x2x2x2 you would invest sixteen dollars for a $1 dollar pick 4 ticket. But to parlay against that you have to bet both horses in the first to win. When one wins, you now have to divide the win price between the next two, and so on for each leg. If you do that for each leg, how do the prices compare?
Just interested. Can you figure that out just for the hell of it, please? thanks,

Skanoochies. :confused

oops, I just noticed you said on a $1 ticket , pardon me my bad, sorry.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Since 3 of those 4 winners may have been favorites, were there any scratches, esp. of other lower odds horses, that would put more people onto the winning combinations than usual? Just trying to brainstorm posiblities.

Cloud man
05-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Your'e exactly right 3 of the 4 horses were obvious selections so I shouldn't be whining. Also the payoff if my math is correct was twice that of a $1 2x2x2x2 parlay ticket. I guess I'm just spoiled by some of the pick 4 payoffs I've hit at Bay Meadows lately that seem to pay disproportianately high relative to the final off odds of the horses on the ticket. Anyway thanks for your input!