PDA

View Full Version : Afleet Alex .. the Cinderella story this year...very good article must reading

BeatTheChalk
05-05-2005, 12:41 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/othersports/story/7208B85327B2EA6586256FF7001A9F1E?OpenDocument&highlight=2%2C%22afleet%22+AND+%22alex%22

Bobby
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Does anyone think Ritchey is training AA too much? I mean 5 miles a day for him is relatively normal.

Drf clocker report:
AFLEET ALEX- This year's media darling has had a rigorous week but by and large has held up quite well under the strain. Training five miles a morning on more than one occasion, he has had some good days and not as good days during his routine jogs and gallops although both his works were rock solid. Hard to say exactly how he's holding up under all those two a days, he's certainly not the most robust looking member of the field, but he is extremely talented and among the logical contenders in this race.

Figman
05-07-2005, 06:44 PM
AFLEET ALEX got a great ride! Disappointing loss.

Tom
05-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Of all the hype horses, only AA ran a good race. I thought he would be a bit short on breeding and run out of DNA befroe the wire, but he was still my pick and he did not disgrace himself. I like him back in the Preakness, but you have the rest of those hay burners...45.1 notwithstanding.

Zaf
05-07-2005, 11:05 PM
I had him 2nd and 3rd in exactas & tris but not with those two.

ZAFONIC

Bobby
05-07-2005, 11:10 PM
yea, there at the end, I thought Alex was gonna pull away. Then Giacomo and CA come up. Kinda disappointing. NO chance for even going for a triple crown in the Belmont.

Alex ran a great race.

BUT I think the real question is what happened to all of Zito's horses? I mean he's got 4 fairly serious contenders and the best he can do is way up track.

Bandini: was this his retirement party
High Limit: what happened? retirement in his future