PDA

View Full Version : RPM thunk

bobhilo
05-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Just got the new RPM catalog....

the thunk part is.... the catalog hitting the trash can!!!

I will never buy their junk again!

How do others here on the board feel?

dav4463
05-05-2005, 12:38 AM
I may be weird, but I enjoy reading about systems and getting the catalogs and other system letters in the mail. I even buy one every once in a while, and most of them have something that I can use in my own handicapping.

timtam
05-05-2005, 12:56 AM
I was interested in the system advertised in the new RPM catalog which is called the Connect 4. You play 4 horses in equal amounts and the only criteria is using a simple formula (even a child can do) from the horses last workout only. I thought maybe it was Steve Wolsons 12 seconds per furlong.

dav4463
05-05-2005, 01:52 AM
I hope you didn't violate a copyright or anything !

bobhilo
05-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Ok here is my last and I mean very LAST experience with RPM....

I bought the Master Consensus Software $250(I think)....found it to be lacking... luckily I kept the 100%(no restocking fee) money back guarantee...
I called them...same guy always answers...I say "I wish to return the software as per your guarantee, do I need an authorization number"?

he says "that's funny you are the first one to want his money back, send it and we will give you your money back ...less the restocking fee"....I sent it with a return receipt and insurance...1 month goes by...still no refund...
took almost 2 months....

Guy says "we are taking you off our mailing list"

yeah PLEASE!

They are still sending me their junk!!!

Slick ad copy sucks you in...very minimal and shoddy instructions

Caveat Emptor

Hosshead
05-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Once upon a (dumber) time (before computers), when I used to buy stuff from that *!#* RPM, I would send it back (after spending days/wks going over old forms) with a workout, and reasons WHY it didn't work.
He (Dave Powers) couldn't care less. So after the 2nd or 3rd system that I sent back with workouts and explanations on why it wouldn't and didn't work, he told me that if I ever ordered anything again, I would NOT be able to seek a refund.

That was the last time I ever ordered from him.
And NOTHING I bought from them EVER even remotely lived up to good ole' Dave's (The Snakeoil Salesman's) claims.

bobhilo
05-05-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah

I bought 5 or 6 "systems" meself....the only one that seemed to work(a short trial for a few weeks) was Racetrack millionaire....

they are slickly worded ads that dupe you into buying....then prove not reliable...
I too was told by the " office guy" (said to me you have returned a few things and we are going to take you off our mailing list)

funny I am still getting their junk

me... I would advise.... STAY FAR AWAY!!!

NoDayJob
05-06-2005, 12:03 AM
I bought some of their stuff years ago at huge discount, about $0.05 on the $1.00, from a broke punter who was giving up. Not much of value there either. Just gathering dust along with the rest of my handicapping library. I guess it proves the old saying, "If it's that good, why are you selling it?"

NDJ

bobhilo
05-06-2005, 01:07 AM
I stumbled upon this board 2 months ago
(some interesting reading about the past few years)...like what happened to Sartin(and my money)

..wish I had known about RPM before I wasted $$$$

Speed Figure
05-06-2005, 01:29 AM
I bought some of their stuff years ago at huge discount, about $0.05 on the $1.00, from a broke punter who was giving up. Not much of value there either. Just gathering dust along with the rest of my handicapping library. I guess it proves the old saying, "If it's that good, why are you selling it?"

NDJNothing should EVER gather dust when there's EBAY! Someone will buy it. :faint: :D

NoDayJob
05-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Nothing should EVER gather dust when there's EBAY! Someone will buy it. :faint: :D

:) My grandson wants it, so E-bay will have to wait. :)

NDJ