PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Ziemba

sligg
05-02-2002, 03:06 AM
Beat The Racetrack is out of print and there are 3 used copies available at Amazon but they want $114 each. I found a copy at the library. Difficult book to read.

Does anyone have any comment on the win/place method he advocates? There is a hand computer and a software version available but these cost a lot of money

I haven't read anything on this website on Ziemba and wondering if it's worth pursuing. I remember buying this book back in the 1980's but never got interested then-now that I'm more conservative I may consider it.

Sal Liggieri
sligg@hotmail.com

David McKenzie
05-02-2002, 01:41 PM
"Gentleman John" Swetye has a website which sells Dr. Z books and software:

http://hypernormal.com/

I've had the pleasure of knowing John for years. He truly is a gentleman and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions you have about anything, whether you're a customer or not.

Incidentally, I had one of the first hand held HP computers for the Dr. Z system. I sold it about three months ago. Guess who I sold it to? Dr. Z himself! He'd sold all of the old HPs eons ago and wanted one of the originals dinosaurs for posterity.

My personal experience is that the system performs well when used for the best horses/races. For example, I've scored on The Triple Crown, but have had abysmal results at cheap tracks and/or small handles where the public is clueless about the horses' probability of winning or a wager of any significant size will noticeably affect the odds.

Simulcast money coming in after post time changes the ROI too, but the system is still profitable is used with discretion. In fact, it's one of the few "systems" I've seen that actually produces a profit.

If it's action you crave or are looking for the big score, then it's definitely not right for you. However, if you can live with a goal of ten to eighteen cents returned on the dollar, then it might well be worth looking into the Dr. Z systems.