PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson

hcap
05-03-2005, 06:44 PM
http://mediamatters.org/items/200505020002

Pat Robertson's contradictory theology: God won't stop a tsunami -- but might respond to Gay Days with an earthquake.

...Responding to a question from ABC host George Stephanopoulos about why a God "so involved in our daily life" would allow a tsunami to kill hundreds of thousands of people, Rev. Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition of America, replied: "I don't think He reverses the laws of nature."

....After Orlando, Florida, city officials voted in 1998 to fly rainbow flags from city lampposts during the annual Gay Days event at Disney World, Robertson issued the city a warning: "I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you. ... [A] condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs, it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor."

Another reason to believe in evolution. Except that some apes never did evolve.

JustRalph
05-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Robertson's always been a KOOK. He belongs to the "Keepers of odd knowledge society"

That is "KOOKS" for short...........

Kreed
05-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I gotta wonder how much mr robertson is worth? maybe ~500 MIL?

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Nobody cares about Pat Robertson, except for maybe MoveOn.Org, where I'm sure Mr. Robertson's name appeared on this morning's marching orders.