PDA

View Full Version : Venting

BIG RED
05-03-2005, 09:31 AM
I have to vent. When the Red Sox won the World Series it was fantastic for me. The feeling was awsome and especially how they won. It also got a lot of us remembering days of past, the pain. Here's my problem. When they had the ring ceremonies earlier this year, I was shocked that they gave real rings to the two tv announcers. Then I find out later they gave the radio guys rings too ! Something wrong there IMHO. NOW, they are going to have a charity raffle for 3 fans to get 3 genuine rings! Does this belittle them? To me it does. Of course its big PA of how it is the first time a team did this. And this is great for charity, and blah blah blah. I'm not a cold person, but to me it is turning into a bad joke. What's next?
It kind of reminds me of how the teenage drunkdriver crashed into a tree and killed his freinds in the car, how the schools lower the flag at half mast. It takes the recognition out everytime you do it for just about anything. It loses it's meaning. ( If I sound harsh, sorry, but I am venting )

OTM Al
05-03-2005, 11:45 AM
I know other teams have given out rings to their support people as well, but they are usually much less austentacious than the real ring they give to the actual players. It is a little silly, but you should let it go. Its as I predicted, after 86 years of frustration, there is a great confusion on what to do now in the Red Sox Nation, kind of a loss of place in a new world....except for Suff..... :) :)

kenwoodallpromos
05-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Give one for inspirational help to Mike Tyson. :D

JustRalph
05-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Give one for inspirational help to Mike Tyson. :D

That would be an "Ear Ring"

BIG RED
05-04-2005, 02:43 PM
LOOKING GOOD RALPH. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
05-04-2005, 06:23 PM
LOOKING GOOD RALPH. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yep...... I think so too. I have lost a few pounds........but not much. Tango lessons and hot tub aerobics are doing the trick..........

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I've seen that picture before on elitetrader.com

It's widely (no pun intended) distributed across the 'net

BillW
05-04-2005, 07:44 PM
yep...... I think so too. I have lost a few pounds........but not much. Tango lessons and hot tub aerobics are doing the trick..........

Continually running from all the hot chicks will keep you in the aerobic zone also :eek::lol: .

JustRalph
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I've seen that picture before on elitetrader.com

It's widely (no pun intended) distributed across the 'net

yeah..... and I want royalties!

BIG RED
05-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Now you know why we do not want web-cams in the War Room ! :D