PDA

View Full Version : Horseracing Fantasy Simulator

OTM Al
05-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Don't really go much in for software when picking, other than my own db, but one thing I have paid for is this simulator/game.

http://www.horseracegame.com/

I know a few of you out there have played with it before, so I thought I'd let you all know that they now have the 2005 TC horse files available....just ordered my update, so will play around with it tonight and report what outcomes it is coming up with.

midnight
05-02-2005, 09:48 PM
The game is an excellent simulation of horse racing, about as good as can be had in a computer game. It allows the player to play the parts of jockey, trainer, owner, and bettor/spectator. I don't know that I'd use it as a race simulator for handicapping purposes, though.

OTM Al
05-03-2005, 11:40 AM
It actually does pretty well at simulating what happens, and you can tweak the horse files if you are not in agreement with their setup. It won't be my top factor in picking a winner, but I will pay attention to what happens for the gimmicks underneath.

Only time it disappointed me is when my girlfriend and I had an arguement about Sec and Ruffian. I finally conceeded to her that she might be able to beat him under a mile, but would get dusted at the classic distances. Set it up on the game at 1 1/4 m and she won and kept winning.....

OTM Al
05-04-2005, 07:58 PM
So I just ran several simulations with different track conditions. No matter how I played around with things I got Bellamy Road and Afleet Alex as the 1-2. Alex could take BR only on slower surface. When it was fast to very fast, he just couldn't catch him. Greeley's Galaxy and Noble Causeway were most often in the next 2 spots though Giacomo, Sort It Out and a few times, High Limit were right there too. High Fly regulary stayed well until the last 1-2 furlongs and then just hit the wall. Surprisingly, even altering his strategies, Bandini never got close.