PDA

View Full Version : Torre Countdown

cj
05-01-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't see any way he is making through this season without getting canned. The team just isn't very good, and the Boss, well, he can't fire all those overpaid players...

toetoe
05-01-2005, 07:50 PM
How about the poor jock and/or trainer, if they fail to win the KDerb?

Valuist
05-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Steinbrenner might be the one boss who could excuse Torre if he asked to have Friday off to go to the KY Oaks for Sis City. Hell, they should rent a jet for the weekend.

My take on the Yankees? Sometimes teams get real old, real fast.

cj
05-02-2005, 11:50 AM
When you really look at the Yanks batting lineup, is it really any better than Baltimore's or Boston's? I don't see it. With Mussina and Brown really struggling, things don't look good.

OTM Al
05-02-2005, 01:06 PM
I can't see him getting fired during the season, but if this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised if they come to a "mutual agreement" this winter. There's been some bright spots...A-Rod playing much better, Jeter off to a much better start, some decent play by the new guys, Andy Phillips and especially the Taiwanese pitcher on saturday, but the starters have been bad, especially Brown and Mussina (I expect Johnson to heat back up with the weather and he is showing signs) and the bullpen has been pretty poor. I still don't understand not keeping Lieber and then signing Wright. The free agent signing errors from the 80s that they seemed to have been getting away from during their good run seem to be coming back to roost again. Baltimore looks great and I think both the Yanks and Sox may have a very big problem this year.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 02:52 AM
I think the Yankees started last year 11-11. Now, they are 11-15.

No big deal. Stop writing teams off before May even starts. That's foolish.

Suff was crowing about the Sox only a week or two ago, and now they're only 2.5 games in front of the Yankees, 2 ahead in the win column....big whoop.

It's feast or famine with the Yankees. Either they blow teams out, or they blow themselves out. Sooner or later, it will all come together....just wait.....

cj
05-03-2005, 03:04 AM
PA,

Anyone can wait until August to make predictions, what is the fun in that? I really think the Yankees aren't very good this year. I might be wrong, but they look like they are missing some of those intangibles that make teams truly good. Who are the really hungry guys on that team? I'd really like to know, because I don't see any. You need a few guys like that on your team.

Of course they are going to win some games with that payroll. I just don't think they are going to win enough. This is like talking about the Derby in January. It doesn't mean much, but its fun to guess.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 03:13 AM
I can't sit idly by and let you disparage my team. I've got to say something you know! :lol:

Kreed
05-03-2005, 05:09 AM
Its the New Yorker in me but I think the Yanks will sort it out. Is it their
bullpen? I think so. If Pavano throws and hits you dont worry because
it won't hurt that much. There's still time for MR S. to buy a few arms.

Suff
05-03-2005, 09:07 AM
I can't sit idly by and let you disparage my team. I've got to say something you know! :lol:

Epilogue: 'The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty'

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=olney_buster&id=2051491&num=0

The rise of the Red Sox

Six of the nine batters Brown faced reached base, and by the time Torre emerged from the dugout in the second inning to summon a reliever, the Yankees trailed 2-0 and Boston had the bases loaded. Torre took the ball from Brown without acknowledging the pitcher with words or a pat on the back; other Yankees treated Brown similarly as he passed through the dugout. Javier Vazquez, the Yankees' new pitcher, threw a fastball with his first pitch, and Red Sox center fielder Johnny Damon blasted a grand slam.

Jeter singled home a run in the third, but it barely made a dent in the Red Sox lead. From first base, he turned, his face twisted, and shouted at Rodriguez, much in the same way Bulls guard Michael Jordan used to yell at backup center Will Perdue: C'mon, let's get it done. But Rodriguez grounded out to the pitcher, and as the Red Sox went on to a 10-3 rout, a crowd of Boston fans seemed to emerge from the darkest corners of Yankee Stadium and take over the place. The Yankees' collapse had been the worst in postseason history.
After the game, Jeter sat in front of his locker, still seething. "It's not the same team. I've said that before," Jeter said sharply. "It's not the same team."

OTM Al
05-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Shakeups start tonight. Bernie Williams will now be a part time DH. Matsui to Center, Womack to Left, bring up Robinson Cano to play second, bye bye to Steve Karsay

cj
05-04-2005, 02:45 AM
That "shakeup" should probably include Kevin Brown being demoted to the pen, or better yet, retirement. That guy is a train wreck right now.

lsbets
05-04-2005, 07:50 AM
Kevin Brown should go and be the minor leager they enter in a match race against Zippy Chippy - that's the only way he's winning anything these days. The guy stinks.

Valuist
05-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Pinnacle now has a "Steinbrenner skapegoat" prop up. Who will be the first to leave the Yankee organization?

cj
05-06-2005, 10:42 AM
PA,

At what point do you start to worry?

Rays drop Yanks into tie for last in AL East (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250505130)

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Now's a good time? LOL

I'm in full Derby mode right now....no time to worry until 6:30pm Saturday....

Suff
05-06-2005, 11:26 AM
PA,

At what point do you start to worry?

Rays drop Yanks into tie for last in AL East (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250505130)

Took them 3 of 4. Damn near swept them. Good idea to focus on The Derby.

I'll be working on a few idea's for other things for you to focus on in June and July as well.

BIG RED
05-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Did you catch the cover of the DRF paper? It shows Steinbrenner in the back yelling to Zito, "If you lose, you're fired!" :D

WINMANWIN
05-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Could be a destiny thread, Yankee banter, ETC, AND THE BOSS will be at Churchill tomorrow. How could Suff BET the derby favorite Bellamy ROAD :confused: If they were writing scripts, like this past October, with them never say die BOSOX, The BOSS Wins the derby, then the Preakness, Get ready for 150,000.00 In June, as another Triple Crown Hopeful goes for the Glory :D How fitting also, BELMONT PARK'S 100TH ANNIVERSARY :eek:

OTM Al
05-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I would begin to worry if they are still out by double digits at All Star break. I know they've gotten older, but I still find it hard to believe that they are as bad as they've looked...I lived through the Cubs of the 70's, so I am well aquainted with bad :)

Suff
05-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Could be a destiny thread, Yankee banter, ETC, AND THE BOSS will be at Churchill tomorrow. How could Suff BET the derby favorite Bellamy ROAD :confused: If they were writing scripts, like this past October, with them never say die BOSOX, The BOSS Wins the derby, then the Preakness, Get ready for 150,000.00 In June, as another Triple Crown Hopeful goes for the Glory :D How fitting also, BELMONT PARK'S 100TH ANNIVERSARY :eek:

You sold on Bellamy Joe? Whats your tickets going to look like?

cj
05-06-2005, 12:36 PM
You sold on Bellamy Joe? Whats your tickets going to look like?

Joe's never met a chalk horse he wasn't sold on! :lol::lol::lol:

Suff
05-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Joe's never met a chalk horse he wasn't sold on! :lol::lol::lol:

yea... I liked him at 9/5! I love him at 1-1!

WINMANWIN
05-06-2005, 01:15 PM
yea... I liked him at 9/5! I love him at 1-1!

Yep who likes chalk :rolleyes: I did like EMPIRE MAKER 2 yrs ago, ran 2nd and was bruised somewhat going into the race. Prices were ok in gimmick bets.
Last year Smarty was chalk........After viewing the pp's and going over the derby, reading up about works etc, Bellamy road has done nothing wrong.
It goes back to capping 101, who did they beat in the past, what excuses,
troubled lines, who was trying etc. Bellamy Road beat survialist by 17 lengths in the Wood Memorial. Sun King beat the same horse by 5 or so going 1 mile. Edge BELLAMY ROAD, TOP # ETC, If BELLAMY ROAD can rate some, he may WIN IT. I think SUN KING, AFLEET ALEX, & Wilko
figure together as they all came out of the same race G-1- BREEDERS CUP and you really cant separate them. Greeley's Galaxy is an intriguing steed similar to Bellamy ROAD, Won the G2 Ill derby by open lengths. Bandidni, HIGH FLY & NOBLE CAUSEWAY also come out of the same races and are TUFF TO DECIPHER :bang: GOOD LUCK GENTS, cause there's always other races ;)

WINMANWIN
05-06-2005, 07:58 PM
After viewing the derby pp's some more, I Must use DONT GET MAD, 3 FOR 3 OVER THE CHURCHILL STRIP and comes back 1 week from an EYE popping performance, Stevens goes to Noble Causeway, but Baze is familiar with this one also. Musical Jockeys, Prado stays with SUN KING :bang: HIGH LIMIT
never made the lead last race, Beaten fave, should be some value also. So I'm going use a bunch to anwser your question Suff..... :faint:

cj
05-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Hey, you want to talk horses, go to the other section, eh?

Let's stay on track here...

YANKS LOSE, YANKS LOSE, AGAIN!!!!

cj
05-07-2005, 02:30 AM
I woke up this morning and started watching a Sport Bloopers show on TV, then I realized it was just the Yankees highlights on Sportscenter! :jump:

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Maybe I'm naive, but why is it that it's never enough for someone's team to be WINNING....they have to go out of their way to bash the Yankees if the Yankees happen to be losing?

Did the Yankees trip someone's Grandmother one day when I wasn't looking? I'm not sure I know why people take such joy in Yankee losses. Have the Yankees been ungracious winners in the past? I don't remember the Yankees being anything but classy in victory and defeat.....

But then again, maybe I have a selective memory....

Oh, and don't take this post as anything but me being curious. I can take anything you guys want to dish out. I'm not whining or crying in my beer, or anything like that. I haven't given up on the season yet. I'm just genuinely curious as to why people enjoy dancing in the streets whenever the Yankees lose. You'd think CJ would be all tuckered out from the sheer shock of seeing his beloved Orioles with the second best record in baseball at the moment.....apparently, that isn't enough.....:lol:

Bubbles
05-07-2005, 08:15 AM
OK, time to join the argument...

PA, it's all about the American psyche. We enjoy watching train wrecks.

So naturally, us anti-Yanks have been dancing in the streets since the 2001 World Series! :lol:

Suff
05-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Did the Yankees trip someone's Grandmother one day when I wasn't looking? I'm not sure I know why people take such joy in Yankee losses. :

You know a lot of NY'rs go to scholl here. When I'd drive up commonwleath avenue past BU. In the window's would be signs "1918"...

New Yorkers have tortured us with those four numbers. And the bone crushing loss's have been reveled in by Yankee Fans. Bill Buckner Jokes, Bucky F'n Dent Jokes, Curse jokes, Bambino Joke's....and yes.. more than your share of gloating.

Now, as the Current World Champion, I have certain responsibilities to Baseball in General. But as far as the Yankess recent misfortune.. I'm loving it. I intend , at every opportunity, to highlight it, revel in it, mock it, joke about it, rub it in and above all, bring pain to Yankee fans.

Howz yu like me now?

cj
05-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Maybe I'm naive, but why is it that it's never enough for someone's team to be WINNING....they have to go out of their way to bash the Yankees if the Yankees happen to be losing?

That's easy, two reasons. First, its the owner. I grew up watching baseball in the 70s, and the guy is a jerk.

Second, they are the neighborhood bully. It's no different than seeing a Smarty Jones or a Funny Cide beating the blueblood Ky and Fla breds. They spend WAY more than any other team, their fans, for the most part, are pretty fair weather types, and its fun to see a team with a $200 million payroll not be able to catch a simple grounder. Just to be fair, I hated the Yankees just as much when they stunk in the 80s :), and I hate the Red Sox too.

Suff
05-07-2005, 10:44 AM
and I hate the Red Sox too.
oh yeah?

Your pacefigures program sucks!

cj
05-07-2005, 11:00 AM
The funny thing is, I don't why I hate the Red Sox. Until last year, they had done nothing for which to be hated. But, I hated them nonetheless...:lol:

Suff
05-07-2005, 11:08 AM
hey did you get that e-mail with attachments? The reason I ask...I sent it to 6 guys as you may have seen....but no one wrote back with an "Ok" or "great"...or anything? I figured I'd get something.... did it come?

Tee
05-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Baseball Sux!!
:D :D :D

Just foolin fellas!! :)

cj
05-07-2005, 01:22 PM
hey did you get that e-mail with attachments? The reason I ask...I sent it to 6 guys as you may have seen....but no one wrote back with an "Ok" or "great"...or anything? I figured I'd get something.... did it come?

Sure did, and thanks.

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2005, 03:28 PM
You know a lot of NY'rs go to scholl here. When I'd drive up commonwleath avenue past BU. In the window's would be signs "1918"...

New Yorkers have tortured us with those four numbers. And the bone crushing loss's have been reveled in by Yankee Fans. Bill Buckner Jokes, Bucky F'n Dent Jokes, Curse jokes, Bambino Joke's....and yes.. more than your share of gloating.

I realize that. I should have pointed out that Red Sox/Yankees are a special case. I was pointing my inquiry more towards the resident Orioles fan....

Trijack
05-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Suff
Yes I got the email. Just got home from Vegas. Good work..
Jack

BIG RED
05-07-2005, 11:22 PM
The funny thing is, I don't why I hate the Red Sox. Until last year, they had done nothing for which to be hated. But, I hated them nonetheless...:lol:

cj, wait until we go by the Birds, then you can say such things, because we will be going bye :p

cj
05-08-2005, 10:47 AM
I have the popcorn and beer ready, Kevin Brown is pitching again today!:jump::jump::jump:

Bubbles
05-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I have the popcorn and beer ready, Kevin Brown is pitching again today!:jump::jump::jump:

What about the glove? You gotta think you'll get about ten chances to catch a homer! :D :lol: :D

cj
05-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Damn, if Giacomo can win the Derby, I guess Brown is allowed one decent start!

BIG RED
05-08-2005, 07:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Brutal. Can't even let him get a win. Actually, dodn't know if he got the win.

Valuist
05-09-2005, 04:15 PM
The **OTHER** Sox team is the one cleaning up in the American League now. Maybe the Yankees could use El Duque and Contreras about now. I guess the Loaiza thing didn't work out too well. :lol:

If Kevin Brown is pitching, let me find a bat!

cj
05-11-2005, 02:15 PM
The Yanks seem to have turned it up. Nice comeback from a 5-0 defecit before they even got to bat.

Suff
05-11-2005, 03:37 PM
The Yanks seem to have turned it up. Nice comeback from a 5-0 defecit before they even got to bat.

Kevin Millar.. Walk off last night. 2 run dinger. 3-2 Sox win.

Still, i's gotta be killing the Yankee Fans to see the Sox at 21-14 and Baltimore at 22-13...and they're 15-19...

They could use a Home and Home against Kansas City. It's all up hill from here on in.

cj
05-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Kevin Millar.. Walk off last night. 2 run dinger. 3-2 Sox win.

Still, i's gotta be killing the Yankee Fans to see the Sox at 21-14 and Baltimore at 22-13...and they're 15-19...

They could use a Home and Home against Kansas City. It's all up hill from here on in.

Another walk off for the Sox, and the O's beat Santana, this could be fun this year.

BIG RED
05-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Nice afternoon game,72 out with blue skies, with another walk off, yes. Makes for another exciting game. But Foulke has been a little scary of late. Up 4-1 in 9th and blew it. That's what your teamates are all about, now gets the win. I'm sure he would rather have had the save. Looks like the Skankees won't be there for the Preakness, either :)

Suff
05-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Looks like the Skankees won't be there for the Preakness, either :)

Did you see the Yankees Game today? It was 9 to 9....After 4! They're playing softball. Their Pitching is horrible after Johnson. The Offense has to put up a touchdown for them to beat anybody

cj
05-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Did you see the Yankees Game today? It was 9 to 9....After 4! They're playing softball. Their Pitching is horrible after Johnson. The Offense has to put up a touchdown for them to beat anybody

What do you call a guy batting .400 against the Yanks?

SLUMPING! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2005, 04:45 AM
You keep laughing, we'll keep winning from here on out. Soon, the laughter will be all nervous laughter...and then before you know it, WHAMO. It's been done before....

cj
05-12-2005, 05:32 AM
You can't play sorry Seattle 100 more times. I'm younger than Jamie Moyer, and throw harder too! :D

OTM Al
05-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Feast or Famine in the AL tonight with 2 whole games on tap. The feast....Baltimore vs White Sox.....the Famine.....Kansas City vs Tampa....doesn't get much more extreme than that.

Storm Cadet
05-15-2005, 11:30 PM
are they getting nervous yet PA? Been pretty quiet in here lately with the Yankee bashing by the Bosox boys and the Oriole crew!!!! :eek:

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2005, 01:27 AM
These games against admittedly weak competition couldn't have come at a better time....

Can you believe we've won 8 in a row, and are only NOW at .500???? Holy crap!

Still 5.5 back....

We have 3 games against some more weakness in Seattle, which is nice.

If we can get a few more wins, those games against Boston at the end of the month take on a whole new perspective....

The quiet confidence has returned, let's put it that way....

cj
05-16-2005, 04:46 AM
Not nervous, the Orioles fought back to gain a split on the road against the hottest team in the AL, pretty impressive. The Yankees are hot, but I still don't think they are very good.

Suff
05-24-2005, 07:58 PM
I went the game Friday night. Home Opener of a game 3 game set Atlanta. Sox went to Cooperstown Yesterday and Hosted the Hall Of Fame Game.

My Mother, 3 of my sisters, and two of my young female nieces (7&8) took a girls weekend to Cooperstown, and saw the game, stayed over went to the Hall. I heard my Mother got choked up when she walked in an saw the Big Wooden Statue of Babe Ruth. She's 71 and huge Baseball fan. I guess they had a tremendous time.
My connection at the gate that gets me spun in, is not as easy as it sounds. They get their gate assignments at 5:15 and go right to the gate. You gotta catch him quick, he's needs be at the right gate to do it and so forth. We got him and we spun in, but we had to bounce from gate to gate for 10 minutes or so. If you have a big group or kids, its hard. My hookup is actually someone else's hookup that I piggyback.

Stood for 3 innings, and then tipped an usher for nice seats. Lower Box. We took a piece of the game. The sox won. It was my first game this year. The first time I heard Now introducing "The World Champion Boston Red Sox!". Hearing that, put an apple in my throat as well. It's in the blood.

PaceAdvantage
05-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Pardon me for one second:

LOL

Why is it so quiet in here lately? I can't wait for the inevitable "sure they're doing well....it's about time, given their payroll......" I know things have finally turned for real when you guys start posting that line....

How about that drubbing two nights ago, and the A-Rod boomers....how about that catch by Jeter last night??? Nothing? No comments?

Half game back of the Red Sox? No comments? Come on, you guys had plenty to say only weeks ago....now....nothing?

Suff
05-26-2005, 10:06 AM
oh don't worry. Someone's coming to Town this weekend, and it is not Santa.

Sox vs Yanks. In the Bronx, Memorial day weekend.

2 predictions.

1. Sox Romp

2. Yankee fans try to "make it right" for our guy bashing SHEFF in the grill.

I will not miss a Pitch.

OTM Al
05-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Hmmmm....

Friday: Johnson v Wakefield
Saturday: Pavano v. Clement
Sunday: Mussina v. Wells

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wells get hammered, but the other two should be tossups.

PaceAdvantage
05-27-2005, 12:38 AM
What was that whoooooshing noise? That wasn't the Yankees just leapfrogging the Red Sox in the standings, was it? Oh yeah, it was! LOL

Boy, is this weekend going to be FUN!

Suff
05-27-2005, 10:22 AM
What was that whoooooshing noise? That wasn't the Yankees just leapfrogging the Red Sox in the standings, was it? Oh yeah, it was! LOL

The fact is, we've been playing SHIT baseball. The defense has been comical. The hitting eratic. Renetria.. who replaced Carbrera, who replaced Nomar , has been a BUST. He boots routine stuff all the time.

You never realize how bad NL Hitters are until you see a .290 NL veteran come to the AL and struggle to hit .230
They walk Damon to get to Renteria ALL the time. He's on a team where he could have 125 RBI's if he hit .290.

If we get our act together, and I think we will, we can contend for the division. Then its lightning in a Bottle to Repeat.

OTM Al
05-27-2005, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. Got to expect the Red Sox will be around at the end with the Yanks. You're never as bad as you look when you're losing (Yanks already proved that) and never as good as you look when you're winning. This is going to be a great year in the AL if as many teams as it looks like right now remain as contenders into September. Playing the Yanks this weekend is really just 3 games against a team in your own division (though following it up with 3 against Baltimore could get hairy if the Sox don't get out of the death spiral they're in right now).

The stupid radio guys here still won't get off of A-Rod because he hasn't done anything spectacular against the Sox or Mets. Well, for me if he keeps doing what he's done lately in the other 138 games of the season, who really cares. Its a 162 game marathon and were only 1/2 m into the race right now. God I love baseball!!!!!

cj
05-27-2005, 10:51 AM

Yeah, there is always the wild card! :lol::lol::lol:

Valuist
05-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Suff-

You may think Renteria is bad but Cabrera has been just as bad and Nomar has been Nowhere. By the end of the season, Renteria will put up respectable numbers.

OTM Al
05-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Rentaria is a quality player. I think the main worry for a Sox fan is getting Schilling back in one piece and that Wells stays healthy.

cj
05-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Rentaria is a quality player. I think the main worry for a Sox fan is getting Schilling back in one piece and that Wells stays healthy.

That isn't a hand I'd want to be holding. All Star break for Schilling, maybe. Wells, he's old, good luck with however that turns out.

Suff
05-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Rentaria is a quality player. .

The historical numbers say so. However his play has been beyond bad. He had 11 errors all 2004. He has 8 already, and he's not getting to balls. I have yet to see him go deep in the hole , dig it out and turn on it. I don't see it in him. His Range is ZIP.

Like I said, They walk Damon to get to this guy frequently. 24 strike outs. only 12 walks, he's hitting an "invisible" .250 with a platry 14 Junk RBI's.

I don't like him. so far

cryptic1
05-27-2005, 08:03 PM
I think you're discounting the possibility that only l team will make the
playoffs from the east. If Toronto continues to play as well as it has,and
the big three keep taking turns beating each other, the wild card will
probably go to a team in the west. The real question may be, who of the
big three has the soundest and healthiest pitching staff over the next
four months. With all having either health or age concerns I think its a
toss up. This looks like a long stretch battle.

cryptic1

PaceAdvantage
05-27-2005, 10:35 PM
2. Yankee fans try to "make it right" for our guy bashing SHEFF in the grill.

Oh, we made it RIGHT....and we made it right the RIGHT way, with SHEFF winning the game with another BOOMER.....whooooossssssshhhhhhhhh

CJ, we're comin' for ya!

Storm Cadet
05-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Look over your right shoulder........see that guy with a blue hat and wearing pinstripes?????

That's the Yankees coming on fast to sweep right by you guys...by July 1st they'll be 3 games up on the east.... :cool:

Suff
05-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Pain is pain and it must be managed. Tough loss because we had it goin on. Until Dale Swain got stuck on GO.

4 game set could get ugly if we lose tommorow.

Locally, the Sox have seen 5! 5 Picthers make thier Major League Debut. We've made winners of all of them. I get the feeling we're looking at Young Pitchers, and other teams are showcasing some of thier best prospects. Trade's in the air. For Arms. If we take a Body Blow in NY, it might loosen the purse strings.

Renteria.... Its just not a "fit" for us. I believe we shoud eat some of 8 million a year and unload him, millar, and Bronson Arroyo for two young guns.

Renteria, Millar & Arroyo and a AAA guy for two young pitchers.

WINMANWIN
05-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Why would you want to unload Arroyo, I read that in his last 19 starts or so, The SOX have WON all but 1 game. :D

PaceAdvantage
05-28-2005, 07:18 PM
LOL. Renteria goes and starts the 17-1 romp with a grand slam....LOL

Holy COW Suff, I hope you got all your runs out of your system today, so that we can easily take the rubber game tomorrow....

Here I go running my mouth, and the Bombers get bombed. Serves me right.

Suff
05-28-2005, 07:36 PM
LOL. Renteria goes and starts the 17-1 romp with a grand slam....LOL

He went 3 for 4 last night and was the Red Sox player of the game. I soothed myself with ..."Sure, in a loss!". The sure Fire way to get into a Red Sox fans heart is play BIG against the Yankees. He's playing BIG this weekend I admit.

You beat us 19-8 in game 3. Then we turned ugly on you and took 4 straight. A win is a win. Today was a nice win. But we gotta stay ugly. We're after 3 of 4.

Suff
05-30-2005, 12:50 AM
whoosh :p

PaceAdvantage
05-30-2005, 02:18 AM
Yeah yeah yeah....it was still a fun weekend....despite losing 2 of 3 to the World Champions.....LOL

cj
05-31-2005, 02:39 AM
Yankees had an off day? Sacrilege for a baseball team not to be playing on Memorial Day. How'd the Sawx do? :p

Suff
05-31-2005, 08:41 AM
We thinks its "cute" that Baltimore got off to a good start, and is in first Place.

Great for them. Isn't that nice. How cute. Baltimore in First Place? Now isn't that just the sweetest thing ever! Those nice young men.

Enjoy it. real baseball starts now.

OTM Al
05-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Not only were the Yanks off yesterday, but so were the Mets. Who is the genius that set that up????? Oh well, while the Red Sox and Orioles beat on each other, the Yanks have a 3 game set against the Royals. At least that part of the schedule works out nice.

Suff
06-01-2005, 02:58 PM
The World Champs threw one on the Birds last night. The Kansas City Royals won thier 14th game last night. They're 20 and 1/2 back already!. They beat someone last night , I forget who... :lol:

Good read out of Boston BarStool Sports today.

A Red Sox Fan's Enemies List

A RED SOX FAN'S ENEMIES LIST
By Jerry Thornton

As a good, decent, red-blooded, God-fearin’, patriotic citizen of Red Sox Nation, I’m sworn to protect her against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

The foreign ones don’t concern me. They’re easy to spot and keep a close eye on. They’re the ones with the Yankee hats and New York license plates, screwing up traffic on The Cape all summer. It’s the domestic ones I worry about.

The Tick- This is the guy who goes to Fenway or to a sports bar by himself, then gloms on to your conversation with your friends and gives you his sad, pathetic and often drunken take on the state of the Red Sox.

I like talking baseball with people the people sitting around me at the games. It’s part of Fenway’s charm that you’re packed in with total strangers and it’s fun to interact with them. To a point. The Tick doesn’t know that point. He digs in under your skin with his pincers and doesn’t let go until he’s sucked the life’s blood, and all of the fun, out of your night.

I have history with this guy. Many years ago, The Tick sat next to my lovely wife at a Sox game. They sense weakness, and realizing that she was too nice to tell him to go pee up a rope, he proceeded to tell her his whole tedious life story.

I got involved. Words were exchanged. My precious beer got spilled. I told him I was getting him kicked out. He dropped the f-bomb and told me he was just going to watch the game. So I told him, “Then you better hope the gay bar you end up in has NESN, because you’re not watching it from here.” (No disrespect to the many gay fans of the ‘Stool. It was a heat of the moment thing. Keep reading and buying our sponsors fine products.)

But to make a long story short (too late), it got ugly from there. Suffice to say I was still there the next inning, and he wasn’t. But that night my Enemies List was born. To those of you on it, we know who you are, and we’re keeping an eye on you.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/article/A_Red_Sox_Fans_Enemies_List/208

Suff
06-01-2005, 04:52 PM
is it me? or does this guy sound like me?

cj
06-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Nice effort by the O's, lets name that place Orioles Park at Yawkey Yards, eh?

cj
06-02-2005, 02:17 AM
...the Yanks have a 3 game set against the Royals. At least that part of the schedule works out nice.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

OTM Al
06-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Oh well.....wishful thinking I guess :) Still fortunate Boston is playing Baltimore though. At least these losses won't count for as much as they could have

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2005, 10:09 AM
OTM, you have to think bigger! Forget Boston....there's a new kid in town....like the commercial says, this year, "it's all about the O"

Valuist
06-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Anyone see Derek Lowe last night? He gives up a 3 run HR to Neifi Perez and when he got back into the dugout he took a stool and threw it. Apparently when he threw the stool, it cut up his arm pretty good. When he went back out to pitch, they had to stop the game because he had to stop the bleeding. It looked like he was going to have to leave after 3 innings. I can see why former players don't want to manage these guys today.

cj
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't mind a guy on my team that hates to fail, its the ones that don't care I wouldn't want.

Suff
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
, "it's all about the O"

The women in the "O" commericials has a nice smile.

O's took 2 of 3.

Pain is pain. As I've said.

I've been leaning towards a Betting Run on the Sox. I've bet maybe 6 games and gone 3 & 3. With the money lines I'm net loss. However I'm trying to juuuuuuuuuuuust catch it right , where the sox win 7 in a row and I'm on them everynight. You can turn $200 into $5000 quick. Its all timing. Like the Yanks winning 11 in row last month. If your betting and you picked the right time to get on them, you coulda made lots of money.

Typically teams go on these runs off a bottom. 2 of 3 at Home against the O's may be my TIP OFF thats its time to get on the band wagon.

cj
06-02-2005, 03:49 PM
I had to go and open my big mouth thinking the series was over, didn't realize a fourth today. Always bites me in the ass!

OTM Al
06-02-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm glad for cj that his team is making some waves, but I'm still not ready to fully believe in them just yet. Still feel in the end it comes down to Yanks and Sox. 2/3s of the season still left....kinda like the leader of the Belmont at the 1/2 mile marker. Just gotta wait to see if the O's will be moving like a tremendous machine or will be coming back to the pack.

Suff
06-02-2005, 04:57 PM
"Manny" Ortiz (lol) Hit a walk off 3 run shot to split the series!

boo-yea! You don't want a piece of us Milkowski! You think you do but you don't!

Suff
06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Mr Paceadvantage:

Good example of a thread working its way back to topic. Yankees are about to be swept by the Kansas City Royals, for the 1st time in 17 years.

Torre talk time.

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Whatever....make sure to count us out this time before declaring the fight over prematurely.

This is what I get for gloating a bit after the Yankees climbed back into the race. From now on, I ain't saying a word, good or bad....

Until Saratoga that is, when we meet in person....LOL

cj
06-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Swept by the worst team in baseball, that has to be a Top 10 franchise lowlight. :cool:

Team Payrolls
1.New York Yankees (http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/page/NYY) $205,938,439
29.Kansas City Royals (http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/page/KC) $36,881,000

Suff
06-05-2005, 02:36 PM
The lines are similiar. 6/7. I bet against my SOX today. Dog to dog parlay.

5 to make 6, 11 to make 14. Bet The angels to the Giants/Mets. ESPN 8:00 oclock game tonight.

SoX Lose , Giants win.. I'm a happy guy. I need some stupid money for next weeks Belmont. I plan on being there Friday afternoon....Staying over for the Belmont. I Need some coin.

cj
06-05-2005, 03:14 PM
You should never, EVER, bet against your team. Even Pete Rose didn't do that. This WILL come back to bite you in the ass! :p

Suff
06-05-2005, 03:47 PM
You should never, EVER, bet against your team. Even Pete Rose didn't do that. This WILL come back to bite you in the ass! :p

I AM A PROFESSIONAL! I bet the figures! :rolleyes:

3-2 sox in the 7th. The figures don't look to good right now. Nail Biter.

Suff
06-05-2005, 04:17 PM
You should never, EVER, bet against your team.

Its all about the bacon too. Things are good on the Job..and I expect to be fairly flush for Saratoga. Perhaps Fat.. I found Oil in a couple of holes I drilled in May. I should be pumping oil by August. But I'm limping into the Belmont. I'm going. its just. am I going to NYC for two days on $500.00? or am I going the way I like to Go. $2000.00 for 2 days. You know how I like to roll.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2005, 10:50 PM
My apologies to CJ for bringing this up belatedly, but I believe this thread wins the IRONY award, and it goes straight to CJ on the day Mazzilli was canned by his beloved Orioles....

(SOMEBODY had to call you out on this....LOL)

toetoe
08-23-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm LEAKIN' oil.