PDA

View Full Version : Bill W and Trijack were at Hollywood Park Saturday!

so.cal.fan
05-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Really sorry I missed you guys!
My husband got to say hello to you in the paddock. Bill came up and asked him if he knew if John was working or not? John thought for a minuet it was one of his press box pals (practical jokers one and all) playing a joke on him!
Unfortunately Hollywood Park had a majority of winning favorites yesterday :bang:
However, the weather was nice!

ElKabong
05-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Too bad y'all couldn't meet. BillW is a good fella & interesting to talk racing with. Met him in Purple Power's office a year ago.

so.cal.fan
05-01-2005, 11:37 AM
I understand they started random milkshake testing at Lone Star this weekend.
I expect you guys to watch closely........give us a report.
Lone Star is wondering if MILKSHAKES could possibly being used in Texas????
NO........that couldn't be true, could it???? :D

ElKabong
05-01-2005, 12:00 PM
SCF,

If they do catch any of the big guys at LS, they won't do a thing to em is my guess (for shaking). They don't want to piss off the big fellas, else they'll head 200 miles east to Shreve for good. :(

If Fermin is allowed to continue her testing procedures I'll bet so cal racing. Gonna watch it a few months. If she's given free reign, I'll bet the product out there....But as you know, there are some powers that wannabe that are fighting her tooth and nail. I'm hoping she wins. :)

Trijack
05-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Yes it was a great day for being at the track. Too bad our handicapping wasn't as good as the weather. Hit one small tri and that was very small but we had a great time.

Jack

Suff
05-01-2005, 04:16 PM
I got a Message from Bill that they were Getting Together at Hollywood Park this week. I gave Jack a call and from what he said they had a great time...and had forgotten how beautiful Hollywoood park is. Playing from home will do that to you...

I , on the other hand, went to Suffok Downs Opening day on Saturday and must report that I had not forgotten what a dump that place is...

Sad, sad state of affairs over there... :confused:

Jockey Dyn Panell and trainer John Rigattieri were the stars of Opening Day. Panell had four winners, three for Rigattieri. Panell found the winner's circle with M J Forum ($16.20), for trainer Ed Lippman, in the first; Frankfivethousand ($14.20) in the sixth; Purple S Shamrock ($5.40) in the eighth; and Joann Jr in the featured ninth, the $25,000 Miss Indy Anna Purse.

Suff
05-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Opening Day at Suffolk Downs yesterday was dark and dismal, and everybody there hoped the weather was not an omen for the track.

Track Attendance: 6270 Handle $331,236
ISW = inter-state wagering Attendance: Handle $414,201

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/horse_racing/articles/2005/05/01/suffolk_opens_under_clouds/

Management recently was forced to cancel the entire stakes program to save $1 million in purses for the everyday races. But those on hand yesterday -- including 6,270 patrons -- were glad to be there despite the rain, and there is a sense of hope that thoroughbred racing can be saved in Massachusetts. "We've had meetings, and I've told my people that the whole idea of this year is to be sure that we're here next year," said Bob O'Malley, Suffolk's chief operating officer. "I think the mood is pretty good on the backstretch. I expect to have a full barn area. We've done everything we can do to keep purses where they were last year. Our two problems are that the money from the state purse account has run low, and business was not good in the first quarter. The snow was 90 percent of the problem

Tom
05-01-2005, 08:22 PM
SoCalFan...too bad you missed them - they are both completely delightful people to know and talk to. I look foward to Saratoga agins this year, only for more time this year.

ElKabong
05-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Suff,

One of the very few bright spots of my winter betting involved Rigattieri. He was awesome at the claimbox @ LRL. Surprisingly good prices on his claim1 and 2's.

Suff
05-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Suff,

One of the very few bright spots of my winter betting involved Rigattieri. He was awesome at the claimbox @ LRL. Surprisingly good prices on his claim1 and 2's.

Him & Sipp will dominate Suffolk this meet.

Name Starts 1st 2nd 3rd Earnings
John Rigattieri 3 3 0 0 $35,400
Burton K. Sipp 7 1 2 1 $10,660

Our Number 1 guy (s) Dandy & Jockey Joe Hampshire are staying at Philly Park. I know Joe, and his wife Kim ( his agent) and they love boston... but they have three kids and need to think abou that... so with Slots coming to Philly.. He's going to stay there and develop relationships that will pay big dividends down the road. If you want to watch one guy who will strike lightning for you.. Throw Michael Collins on trainer watch at Suffolk...because with the changed landscape and some stock he brought back from Gulf Stream & Calder... he'll win.