PDA

View Full Version : Schwareznegger

Bobby
04-29-2005, 04:21 PM
At least one prominent elected official is willing to stand up publicly to Bush and say that the minutemen vigil in Arizona is useful. In fact, the terminator does not oppose their presence in California. Bush calls them "vigilantes," yet what there doing is saving taxpayers and working people big $$$$$$$$$$$. Maybe even there jobs and livlihoods.

PRESIDENT BUSH: NO MORE WATER FOUNTAINS AT THE BORDER CROSSINGS.

The Mexican-American political group: this is nothing short of racism. :eek:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04/29/schwarzenegger.immigration.ap/index.html

DJofSD
04-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Well the liberals can start the name calling all they want. Typical hypocritical divide and conquer ploy.

Point in fact is a vast majority of U.S. citizens of Hispanic heritage are for better border security and against illegal immigration. With just a few exceptions, this is true in my own experienced based upon numerous conversations with relatives, friends and co-workers.

Heaven help Bush and Homeland security if anything were to happen and we find out afterwards a porous border contributed to the incident.

DJofSD

kenwoodallpromos
04-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I do not call it a vigil by vigilantes- I call it "nationhood watch" after the neighborhood watches.

Suff
04-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Well the liberals .

DJofSD

I thought it was Republicans that hated answering to, or being dictated to by the Federal Govt. Can't these states simply raise the money they need to protect thier own borders, in addition to what the Fed's currently do? Why are they waiting around for Uncle Sam to solve the issue?

It's Wal-Mart, Orange growers, Vineyards, and many other Industries that do not want to stop the Pool of cheap workers from flowing in. Bush is from West Texas...he knows the problem in detail. If he seriously wanted to do somethng he would have by now..

DJofSD
04-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Yes, some republicans believe the less government the better. But there's this little thing called the constitution that says one of the primary duties of the federal government is to protect the sovernty of the country and to protect its citizens -- the common defense. They ain't doin' that.

Both sides of the political aisle derive some advantage from the influx of the "undocumented" worker -- business gets lower paid workers, power-hungry politicians get left-leaning voters and the federal government gets additional tax dollars that'll never get claimed, refunded or payed out.

One thing I learned this week that makes business look bad is the number of SSN's submittted by employers that the SSA can not successfully cross check. But current law makes it impossible to disclose what companies are getting away with only complying with half the law.

DJofSD

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Suff,

The borders have been a problem since Jimmy Carter was in office. Even before that. The reasons Bush doesn't do more to protect the border are the same that Clinton and Carter didn't; MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS profit from illegals that work here. DC prospers short term in that they have tax $$ coming in, but don't have to return in kind come retirement.

Big business prospers. Govt prospers. There's no party lines drawn.

State funds are dried up by simply treating these ILLEGALS to free health care, free education for their kids, free social services for all of them. I dare say if any border state funded a Minuteman organization 24x7x365, the ACLU would come down on them HARD....Just like they tried to with the Minutemen. Check it out suff....The ACLU called them rednecks, gun toting neandrethals, etc.

I'd be all for fortifying the borders at any and all cost. I'd also be for jailing the ACLU freaks if they got in the way (like they did in AZ)....But somehow, someway, Dems and repubs alike would see to it that any attempt to keep ILLEGALS from Mexico coming over would be a failure.

I agree w/ DJ of SD....Someday, probably already has happened in fact, terrorists are going to figure out they don't need to sneak into Boston's airport to kill 3,000 Americans. Just cross the border on foot.

chickenhead
04-30-2005, 01:01 PM
One thing I learned this week that makes business look bad is the number of SSN's submittted by employers that the SSA can not successfully cross check. But current law makes it impossible to disclose what companies are getting away with only complying with half the law.

my girlfriend just got a job working for the county here, in the auditor department. Her job is to keep track of the W2's...when the state gives out more than $600 in a year in handouts to someone, the feds tax them for it.

Anyway, do you believe the state doesn't cross check SSN for handouts? They don't even look at them! She comes home shaking mad, she sees all these things cross her desk where the SSN is not even a valid one, it's a made up number, and the county has given this person 1000's of dollars! It's crazy man, she tries to do something about, talks to this person, gets directed to that group, get's the "oh that's really not our job here..."

There is this one program, poor people are reimbursed for babysitting costs while they work, fraud up the wazoo. People overclaim how many hours they are having their kids watched, they have their freinds down as the ones who are watching them, and then split the money between them. I said, if you guys are paying money for babysitting, why not only reimburse for certain qualified day care centers? Nope, the gov will pay for anyone to watch them, no proof required, of anything.

Tom
04-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Protecting the borders is the responsibility of the federal governement. Bush should be impeached for failing to do so. Homeland security is a joke as long we leave the doors oopen. Bush has failed to comprehend his responsibilities. What will be the excuses when the next 9-11 attack occurrs on his watch, and it will.
You could honestly say in 2000, "Bin Laden has not been able to launch an attack on our soild in 7 years - not since the WTC attacks in 1993."

Suff
05-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Protecting the borders is the responsibility of the federal governement. Bush should be impeached for failing to do so. Homeland security is a joke as long we leave the doors oopen. Bush has failed to comprehend his responsibilities. "

90% of the war on terror is a joke... and a sad one at that. Even if I agreed that the entire middle east simply needed a Slap Upside the Head .. the domestic tension is not worth it. I can't speak for everyone.. But jesus.. Blow me up. I don't want to live like this.

I was down in NYC two weeks ago... United States Army with M-16's walking around Penn Station...and all over manhattan..

I gotta do back flips to get on the elavator in an Office building around here..

The bank wants DNA to cash a personal check..

All sorts of "freaky" announcements on The transit system....
Like " If you see someone suspicious... report him to station authorities...

One minute I'm looking for suspicious people... next minute I'm wondering If I look suspicious?

You see a Bag someone left behind and One minute you think..Maybe I should turn that in..... next minute... It could have a Bomb in it...I better leave it alone.

They want your social security number to Use a Public Restroom

I went into the Hurley Building three weeks ago to pick up a Form for my State Tax's... I got everything but an ANAL PROBE to get past security, walk 30 feet to a rack of forms and walk out.

I like NH's State slogan... it is on all thier license plates..

Live Free or Die

ljb
05-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Relax a bit Suff,
At least them dang homosexuals ain't gettin hitched no more. Dag nab it anyhow! :D :D :D
Chickenhead,
You wouldn't happen to be from Dallas would you ? ;)

hcap
05-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Suff, the military mindset is off and running. And the worst thing is daring to question it when it seems out of control.

This attitude is from the top down. Tough to know how far it is going.
The only thing that brings a lighter note to ljbs' apt Sinclair Lewis line is that these clowns are not bright enough to pull off a 2005 update on 1984.

Maybe a dumbed down 1984 with dubya doing a smirking big brother.
Could even be funny

Tom
05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Nothing Suff describes in his post would have stopped 9-11 from happening. You know what would have stopped it?

Bottom line.....three airport security people doing their jobs and following rules ALREADY IN EFFECT! would have stopped the terroirsts that day.

The whole thing comes down to three people failed to do their jobs.
And the one guy who did ( detained the one terroist becasue he didn't look right, got written up for an infraction!)

hcap
05-02-2005, 06:08 AM
Tom, I actually agree with you. Who said bush was a divider not a uniter.
For shame.

:D :D

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I can't speak for everyone.. But jesus.. Blow me up. I don't want to live like this.

I was down in NYC two weeks ago... United States Army with M-16's walking around Penn Station...and all over manhattan..

I gotta do back flips to get on the elavator in an Office building around here..

The bank wants DNA to cash a personal check..

It's no different than a person whose house is robbed a couple of times. Up go the bars on the windows, the security system, and the firearms in the lockbox.

Same thing in NYC, just a bigger scale.

If you don't work or live in Manhattan, day-to-day living hasn't changed one iota since 9/11.....at least for me.

I'm still living QUITE FREE.

hcap
05-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Suff 90% of the war on terror is a joke... and a sad one at that. Even if I agreed that the entire middle east simply needed a Slap Upside the Head .. the domestic tension is not worth it.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050429/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_protesters_lawsuit&printer=1

.....Two teachers arrested at a 2004 campaign rally for President Bush and strip-searched at a county jail have filed a lawsuit alleging law officers conspired to violate their constitutional rights.

Alice McCabe and Christine Nelson, both in their 50s, were among five protesters arrested at the Sept. 3 rally. The pair were handcuffed, taken to the county jail, strip-searched and charged with criminal trespass. The charges were dropped months later.

...McCabe and Nelson — described in the lawsuit as political novices motivated by their opposition to Bush administration policies in Iraq — attended the rally at a city park, where McCabe held a sheet of paper urging, "No More War," and Nelson wore a John Kerry button.

Damn teacher terrorists. No wonder I hated my third grade teach.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hcap
05-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Letter to the Editor

I think it is time that California closes it border with Austria. Those Austrians come here and take jobs away from others, get California driver's licenses and drive fuel-inefficient cars, harass our women and then want to tell the rest of us how to run the state...and all those things.

Jeff Robbins

Kreed
05-03-2005, 07:01 PM
another great american decision. "Yah, I'm a Republican" .... HE IS A FREAK & HIS WIFE'S A DISGRACE. Now, once again, we LIBS & DEMS must save this Planet. Regan left us in shambles with that BotoX Wife Nancy & NOW this idiot milking a Horse. I bet he liked it too. When will the american public vote with
a Brain? hey, if we can survive this moron, nothing can harm us! EVERY MOVE
he makes is C- at best.

Suff
05-03-2005, 07:09 PM
that BotoX Wife Nancy

I hate to say I told you saw... But her Fortune Teller warned us! And don't even ask what her Tarot card reading revealed.

Kreed
05-03-2005, 07:15 PM
I came across too harsh to Regan & Bush. I wanna correct that ... later after
I think more about why I dislike our PreZ so much. So Later, I will try to
explain my thoughts.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 07:23 PM
You may never get your chance Kreed. Better hurry!

Kreed
05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Thank You Mike. Yes, I do not like his Energy Policy. His lack of science
funding & His disregard for separation of Church & State. Just wait. All this
will Hurt our country & so I DO NOT like what I see. And You, Mike? Why are
you so protective of this administration?

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 07:51 PM
How has he disregarded the separation of church and state?

I'm not protective of anyone. I don't come on here starting posts saying shit. That's your job, and those of your ilk.

Kreed
05-03-2005, 07:55 PM
really, I came to discuss NOT argue, but you seem too moody.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm here to discuss also. And I asked you a question. How has President Bush disregarded separation of church and state? Are you waiting for someone else to answer the question for you?

Also, you never responded to my PM. Why is that? You made me an offer. I made a counter offer. No response.....why?

Kreed
05-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Terri Schiavo case. Funding Evangelicals in order to get more blacks & hispanics
republican. Anthony Scalia & HIS connections. If anyone thinks Bush draws
a clear line between church & state raise your hands NOW. If it were up to
ME i would TAX EVERY CHURCH and Treat them as CORPORATIONS - sort of,
then I would NOT be concerned about this separation issue.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 08:28 PM
What does the Church have to do with the Teri Schiavo case? It wasn't a case about religion, it was a case about HUMANITY. Big difference bubby.

Everything else you list makes no sense, and has nothing to do with separation of church and state. All that crap after Teri Sciavo is a moot point. Either that, or next, you're going to tell me that every elected official is going to have to DENOUNCE his or her religion before being elected to office.

I didn't think the Soviet Union was alive and well in the USA. But it appears that is what you are after.

BTW, every Sunday I would see former Presidents Clinton and Carter leaving church....interesting....

Such foolish statements Derek, er, I mean Kreed....LOL

Stop reading MoveOn. You'll feel better.

Tom
05-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Derek....read the racing form and go to the war room...you are a regular there and fun to talk horses with. This political crap is no good for anyone. Play to your strong suit. And give me a winner! :D