PDA

View Full Version : This could be Frankel's year

cadillac pete
04-29-2005, 11:53 AM
I think this could be the year Bobby gets his Derby w/ High Limit. The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the Bluegrass was a testing ground on getting that colt to rate under race conditions. Now with ample time to perfect that strategy in training leading up to the Derby, High Limit should have more than enough left in the tank to put in a great stretch run and use his speed to the wire. It was only his second start of a layoff and the Bluegrass was much strongert than the cast he faced in Louisiana. And still he ran a nice race. Frankel, imo, is looking at the big picture. Let's face it, nobody is going to let Bellamy Road get away w/anything easy on the lead. Frankel is very crafty and this horse is certainly flying under the radar w/ all the talk surrounding Zito's boys. I'm really starting to like High Limit. I also hope Greeley Galaxy gets in too. I'd love to hit an exacta w/these too.

46zilzal
04-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Let's face it, nobody is going to let Bellamy Road get away w/anything easy on the lead.

Heard that before Spend A Buck, War Emblem amongst others

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Agree. Even though nobody wants to let a horse get away early with an easy lead, nodbody wants to KILL their chances battling with the frontfunners just to keep things honest.....

Damned if you do, damned if you don't....most don't and hope distance limitations kick in for the front runners down the stretch....

nijoan
05-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Spanish Chestnut and Consolidator will be close to the front along with High Limit. I think High Linit is a pace presence only and will fold up and pack his tent when they reach the stretch.