PDA

View Full Version : Rush running out of options

Secretariat
04-28-2005, 12:09 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050428/ap_en_ot/limbaugh_painkillers

46zilzal
04-28-2005, 12:21 PM
do the deed, get caught, and IF IT'S AGAINST THE LAW, well, there is a penalty associated with it.

Suff
04-28-2005, 12:44 PM
he he

NoDayJob
04-28-2005, 02:49 PM
:lol: Rush Limppaw being defended by the A.C.L.U. (American Communist Liars Union). Whatta laugh! :lol:

NDJ

ljb
04-28-2005, 03:30 PM
It's them damn radical judges again. Oh wait a minute these judges were Jeb's people. Go figure ? :D :D :D

superfecta
04-28-2005, 11:36 PM
well what got me is he supposedly took over 2000 pills in a six month period.Say he took an average 300 a month(the rest is his stash)Thats about ten a day.One every 96 minutes if he was awake 16 hours every day.I assume a dose is one pill.Even if a dose is 2 pills,that means he was drugged up every waking minute.Jerry Garcia didn't hold a candle to Rush.No wonder he thinks he's something else,hes not been even close to reality.

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2005, 02:33 AM
LJB aren't you going to criticize Suff's shoddy photoshop skills?

JustRalph
04-29-2005, 07:03 AM
I used to be a hospital cop. Worked a few investigations where drugs were disappearing. I can tell you that one pill every 96 minutes is nothing to persons hooked on pain killers. It was probably more like two or three at a time. You can build up a serious tolerance..........

Suff
04-29-2005, 08:39 AM
The big benefit of oxy-contin is the ability to "Only" take two pills a day. They're coated with a time release mechanism. An 80 milligram OC is designed to be taken twice a day. Each one is 12 hours of pain relief.

Of course abusers, crush them, thereby breaking the seal, and getting a HUGE dose of Opium. (herion)

Averaging one every 96 minutes isn't a small monkey.. It's a Gorilla.

The entire marketing angle of OC's is to take patients that currently take 2 or 3 percodan every 3 hours, and move to Oxy's so they only have to take one pill a day, or two in case's of severe pain.

Google it, ask a doctor, ask an addict... Do whatever you want. I'm right.

OxyContin is an opioid agonist and a Schedule II controlled substance with an abuse liability similar to morphine.

Oxycodone can be abused in a manner similar to other opioid agonists, legal or illicit. This should be considered when prescribing or dispensing OxyContin in situations where the physician or pharmacist is concerned about an increased risk of misuse, abuse, or diversion.

OxyContin Tablets are a controlled-release oral formulation of oxycodone hydrochloride indicated for the management of moderate to severe pain when a continuous, around-the-clock analgesic is needed for an extended period of time.

OxyContin Tablets are NOT intended for use as a prn analgesic.

OxyContin 80 mg and 160 mg Tablets ARE FOR USE IN OPIOID-TOLERANT PATIENTS ONLY. These tablet strengths may cause fatal respiratory depression when administered to patients not previously exposed to opioids.

OxyContin TABLETS ARE TO BE SWALLOWED WHOLE AND ARE NOT TO BE BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED. TAKING BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED OxyContin TABLETS LEADS TO RAPID RELEASE AND ABSORPTION OF A POTENTIALLY FATAL DOSE OF OXYCODONE

ljb
04-29-2005, 01:27 PM
LJB aren't you going to criticize Suff's shoddy photoshop skills?
Oh sorry, I thought that was a real picture of Rush. Suff please do a better job when you photo shop pictures of Rush. Thank you, :D :D :D

46zilzal
04-29-2005, 04:17 PM
"Of course abusers, crush them, thereby breaking the seal, and getting a HUGE dose of Opium. (herion)"

They get a huge dose of Oxycontin that's all.

Close, but no cigar. Drugs are in the same family only with differing pharmacology, but they are ALL effective to about the same degree for diarrhea

Suff
04-29-2005, 04:19 PM
"Of course abusers, crush them, thereby breaking the seal, and getting a HUGE dose of Opium. (herion)"

They get a huge dose of Oxycontin that's all.

Yes... And oxycontin is OPIUM BASED.

OxyContin is an opioid agonist

Kreed
04-29-2005, 06:27 PM
I hate Rush's politics + his make beleive views just to keep his red-neck public.
Yet, with all that MONEY on the line, even Lefty would hold hands with Franken.
But i do feel sad for Rush's plight. I doubt any of you here know High Drugs first hand --- but there are REAL Brain Changes after using OXY say twice. So, I say
get that lard brain off the air, make him apologize to Daryl Starwberry for shouting, "JAIL THAT COKE HEAD NOW, COKE IS AGAINST THE LAW." Just another instance of idiocy in making these talking heads stars. NOW, another
problem: Over many, many posts here, I have asked WHY NOT ENCOURAGE
SCIENTISTS TO RUN FOR POLITICS. Dump The Lawyers; at least minmize them.
But like so many ideas presented, NO REPLIES!! Are you all lawyers? ps: a pal
of mine got a job at a NYC law firm dealing with patents & copyrights mostly.
Guess how many Lawyers in That Firm? Answer: > 630!!! No amount of Feng
Sui plant arrangements could offset that Karma.

Tom
04-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Two points.

Did anyone of you wise guys ever consider that he was abusing the drugs for relief from pain and not for a high? As some one who has a dengenerative disc, I can tell you that sometimes the back pain is so sever that it just about disables me. Can hardly stand or walk, can't sit or lie doen for comfort. I have learned to control it thorugh pain management and stretching, but there are still some bad days a few times a year. If I had the money, I might be tempted to buy whatever I could get my hands on. Fortunately, I can usually control it in a day.

Secondly, if you put aside your biased attitudes about Rush's polititics and look at the big picture here, his medical privacy being violated is not something you would probably take kindly to if it were you. What's next, your financial records being made public, your Priest publsihng your confessions?

Secretariat
04-30-2005, 06:03 AM
Limbaugh's Religious Hate Talk Blasphemes Religion, Interfaith Alliance President Says

WASHINGTON -- April 28 -- Today, in response to Rush Limbaugh's statement that "the religious left in this country hates and despises the God of Christianity and Catholicism," the Rev. Dr. C. Welton Gaddy, president of The Interfaith Alliance, released the following
statement:

"All people of faith in the most religiously diverse nation on earth should be insulted by the uninformed religious pronouncements of a vitriolic radio host," said Rev. Dr. C Welton Gaddy, President of the Interfaith Alliance. "Mr. Limbaugh has repeatedly demonstrated his ignorance and insensitivity to the religious communities in this nation.

"Mr. Limbaugh demeans the very spirit of Christianity as well as the faithful Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Hindu, Baha'i, and other religious communities. Unfortunately Mr. Limbaugh's words echo the recent misuse of religion by politicians. We remain gravely concerned about the continuing manipulation of religion for partisan political purposes. The fusion of partisan politics and religion arrogantly blasphemes religion and aggressively threatens the vitality of democracy.

"The Interfaith Alliance remains committed to the healing role of religion in America and stands with all people of faith and good will who remain dedicated to common values that enhance our lives together."

According to Media Matters, on the April 27 edition of The Rush Limbaugh Show, Mr. Limbaugh said:

LIMBAUGH: "I would submit to you that people on the left are religious, too. Their God is just different. The left has a different God. There's a religious left in this country.
"And, the religious left in this country hates and despises the God of Christianity and Catholicism and whatever else. They despise it because they fear it, because it's a threat, because that God has moral absolutes. That God has right and wrong, that God doesn't deal in nuance, that God doesn't deal in gray area, that God says, 'This is right and that is wrong.'"

Item: http://mediamatters.org/items/200504280002

Audio: http://mediamatters.org/static/audio/limbaugh-200504280...

Dr. Gaddy is available for comment and interviews on this or other issues relating to the intersection of religion and politics.

The Interfaith Alliance (TIA) is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization dedicated to promoting the positive and healing role of religion in the life of the nation and challenging those who manipulate religion to promote a narrow, divisive agenda. With more than 150,000 members drawn from more than 75 faith traditions, and 47 local alliances, TIA promotes compassion, civility and mutual respect for human dignity in our increasingly diverse society.

www.interfaithalliance.org

http://www.commondreams.org/cgi-bin/newsprint.cgi?file=...

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 06:38 AM
Anyone here ever vote for Limbaugh in an election?...........

Randi Rhodes......Ah, nevermind :D

ljb
04-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Anyone here ever vote for Limbaugh in an election?...........

Randi Rhodes......Ah, nevermind :D
Don't believe anyone ever voted for Rush, perhaps as a right in in one of them red states. But I heard the swift boat ad fellows had a petition started to get him on the ballot, they were just waiting for the payola. :D

Suff
04-30-2005, 10:50 AM
Two points.

Did anyone of you wise guys ever consider that he was abusing the drugs for relief from pain and not for a high?

Yes, and I dertimined in the process of treating the Pain... he became addicted...and as a result of that addiction he potentially broke the law to feed it. When in fact he "could have" elected to get help prior to breaking the law... but chose not to. When he did enter Rehab... he came out and again made the same choices, resulting in potentially breaking the law, and continuing again with Drug Abuse & Addiction. He was then sent to De-tox again...a 2nd time. And upon release he began abusing drugs yet again! And giving in to his addiction....so he was sent to REHAB yet again...and was caught up in a Federal Investigation of Illegal Drug Dealing (he was not the target). Now there is a Good chance that this drug dealing network has terrorist ties....and I'm not exactly sure why Rush would'nt cooperate 100% in anything the FEDS want to see. It's vital to the War on terror....to keep americans safe... To protect the homeland...

What's he have to hide? Or do people have to die so he can excerise his constutional right of privacy? (sorta like Michael Schiavo)... although a lot more dying will go on as a result of Limbaugh not cooperating

Tom
04-30-2005, 11:05 AM
So now you advocate giving up freedom in favor os security?:confused:

What other freedoms will you give up...because surely it will not stop here.
Free speech? Wire taps? Random stops for searches?

superfecta
04-30-2005, 07:12 PM
So now you advocate giving up freedom in favor os security?:confused:

What other freedoms will you give up...because surely it will not stop here.
Free speech? Wire taps? Random stops for searches?do you really believe this is a free country anymore?Only if by free you mean Welfare.As for Rush,I hope he wins his privacy argument,so he can say there really is a right to privacy.He used to say there wasn't,so maybe he can admit to being wrong at least one time.He didnt admit that his drug abuse was wrong did he?
But that doesnt matter.but dont try to rationalize his addiction Tom,thats what the libs do.You should be mad that he was weak didn't get help and was damning others for similar actions,after all havent you conquered a bad back with out becoming a druggie?Why couldnt he?Or if he was weak,at least don't rip on people that have done what he was doing.

JustRalph
04-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Now there is a Good chance that this drug dealing network has terrorist ties....

come on Suff? Where did you get this? Point me in the right direction here. I gotta call you out on this one.

Tom
05-01-2005, 08:14 PM
do you really believe this is a free country anymore?Only if by free you mean Welfare.As for Rush,I hope he wins his privacy argument,so he can say there really is a right to privacy.He used to say there wasn't,so maybe he can admit to being wrong at least one time.He didnt admit that his drug abuse was wrong did he?
But that doesnt matter.but dont try to rationalize his addiction Tom,thats what the libs do.You should be mad that he was weak didn't get help and was damning others for similar actions,after all havent you conquered a bad back with out becoming a druggie?Why couldnt he?Or if he was weak,at least don't rip on people that have done what he was doing.

Oh, I am not rationalizing his behavior or his lying about it. I just think the libs are trying to blow it all out of proportio, that's all. I am offering a reason for his behavior, not an excuse. I don't know if I would have been as dedicated to the therapy to fix the pain myself if I had the money to buy instant pain relief. like to think I would have, but who knows?
It was my very high distrust of doctors that made me decide to rule out surgery in the first place. I figured at least I was still alive, but a week in a hospital might change that!:eek:

Lefty
05-01-2005, 08:47 PM
sec, Rush was just calling them the way he sees em.. Where do you think 46zil gets all those shades of grey from?

Lefty
05-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Super, Rush did ultimately get help and just when did he say we didn't have a right to privacy? Think you're taking him out of context as most do when they're trying to demean him.
Hope you guys never in serious pain. My wife is and she gets prescriptions for several pain relievers but if they weren't available...

NoDayJob
05-01-2005, 09:13 PM
:lol: Get the freekin' gummit out of the drug business and the War on drugs. I realize over 5,000,000 people will be looking for some other type of work, but that's the way the cookie should crumble. :lol:

NDJ

Tom
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Rush's drug use is not the issue - it is privacy of medial records that is the concern.

superfecta
05-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Super, Rush did ultimately get help and just when did he say we didn't have a right to privacy? Think you're taking him out of context as most do when they're trying to demean him.
Hope you guys never in serious pain. My wife is and she gets prescriptions for several pain relievers but if they weren't available...
He would cite that the constitution doesn't guarantee a right to privacy,(which it doesn't but it darn sure is implied),mainly when someone or some organization is arguing this and he disagreed with their politics.Since now he is the one under scrutiny now he believes this was the intent.

Lefty
05-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Well, i'm sure he blvs we have a right to privacy concerning our medical records. I blve you're prob quoting him oout of context? He prob. was talking about those cameras at stop lights or something similar.

superfecta
05-02-2005, 02:23 AM
Well, i'm sure he blvs we have a right to privacy concerning our medical records. I blve you're prob quoting him oout of context? He prob. was talking about those cameras at stop lights or something similar.Well didn't he raise the fact that ol STD Clinton never would release his medical records?Now the shoe is on his foot.And you can't say public figures are different since he is one now,and it can be said that he is just as powerful as an elected official,at least according to some(Newt Gringrich said that on Hannitys show last week.)

Suff
05-02-2005, 07:55 AM
come on Suff? Where did you get this? Point me in the right direction here. I gotta call you out on this one.

I made that one up. I was mixing ironic humor in with sarcasm.

Because every single Government involvement or Private firm's Policy that makes my life harder is for "the war on Terror".... and its falling on deaf ears.

Like the Color code system. Red, Orange... blah , blah.. who pays attention to that?

The banK will not take a 3rd party check

why not? War on Terror.

I Can't take a Lighter I've had for 10 years on a shuttle Flight to NYC

Why Not? War on terror.

I find a Mailbox within one mile of a Govt Building.

Why not? War on terror.

I can't pick up my friends at the Arrival gate.

Why not? War on terror.

I Can't renew my license by mail any longer, so I have to take a Morinng off.

Why? The war on Terror.

I have to wait three days to find out if my Application is approved..because They're doing ultra-background on me.

Why? War on terror.

My Country's deep in Debt and getting worse...

why? War on Terror.

Economy is sluggish.

Why? war on terror

So I feel I am well with the current norm's to say the reason the Govt. needs Rush Limbaughs Medical Records is the War on terror.

That's the F'n excuse they're given me , every time they stick a cattle prod up my ass. Which lately is morning , noon & night.

Lefty
05-02-2005, 11:31 AM
super, may I point out that he thght Clinton should release his medical records cause Clinton was running for President, and then was President. Rush is a private citizen and is not running for any office. Soooo, TOTALLY non analgous.

Tom
05-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Suff, they NEED to do all that crap so you won't notice that they aren't doing much else in the war on terror. I think it has declined to the "dispute wtih terror."

There is a far grteater threat in N Korea right now.......when is the cowboy going to "saddle up?"
Oh, that's right, we need to have China do our talking.

A proper response would have been to shoot the damn missile out of the sky when they tested it.

superfecta
05-03-2005, 12:35 AM
super, may I point out that he thght Clinton should release his medical records cause Clinton was running for President, and then was President. Rush is a private citizen and is not running for any office. Soooo, TOTALLY non analgous.Ok whatever you say Lefty,but isn't that still Clintons right to keep his medical records private (as well as any politician)?Its accepted that a politician releases their medical history as good PR.Not required.So don't degrade someone for doing something that you would do.Which is what Rush did.
And I guess you disagree with Newt about the powerful influence that Rush has on the conservative movement.

Lefty
05-03-2005, 01:01 AM
super, it's the custom for politicians to release medical records and private citizens to ask that they do so. How the hell does that equate with a liberal prosecutor defying the fl constitution and seizing a private citizen's medical records.
Why would I disagree with Knute? He's brilliant.

kingfin66
05-03-2005, 01:03 AM
:lol: Get the freekin' gummit out of the drug business and the War on drugs. I realize over 5,000,000 people will be looking for some other type of work, but that's the way the cookie should crumble. :lol:

NDJ

A good solid Libertarian point of view if there ever was one. I agree with you 100 percent.

superfecta
05-03-2005, 01:25 AM
super, it's the custom for politicians to release medical records and private citizens to ask that they do so. How the hell does that equate with a liberal prosecutor defying the fl constitution and seizing a private citizen's medical records.
Why would I disagree with Knute? He's brilliant.well, Im sorry i can't explain it any clearer Lefty so i won't try anymore :bang:

Lefty
05-03-2005, 02:09 AM
yeah, super, give it up. You're mixing strawberries with kumquats and they don't mix.