PDA

View Full Version : Finally. . . Delayed Justice

Bobby
04-28-2005, 10:27 AM
This guy has done everything but murder . . .

Do I hear a slap on the wrist?

Just "anotha" probe

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050428/2005-04-28T011104Z_01_N27480036_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-CONGRESS-ETHICS-DC.html

Bobby
04-28-2005, 10:42 AM
oH no!

Dennis Hastert: "There are issues out there that need to be discussed."

doophus
04-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Republican leadership's favorite pasttime=Caving in

I hope I live long enough to see a Conservative (nowadays most likely to be a Republican) Congressional leader who has the wherewithal to perform castrations and hang the proceeds off the Speaker's/President's desk. At the end of the session we'll compare the total of blue-balls and redballs.

kenwoodallpromos
04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
That is an idiotic comment.

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2005, 12:50 AM
That is an idiotic comment.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm tired of all this crap....life is so much easier if you ignore politics.

Tom
04-30-2005, 03:13 AM
If Delay borke the rules, he deserves to be punished.

BUT....while all the libs are circling in a feeding frenzy, are they willing to invetigate ALL the members of Congress, no matter what party, and do the right thing?

JustRalph
04-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I love Tom Delay. I think the fact that he is cut throat is why they are after him. Either way, whether he did something or not...........he tread on the same line the rest do. And Delay won't go down alone. he will take Dems with him.

Kreed
04-30-2005, 08:55 AM
YOU LOVE delay? Ah, don't bother explaining but I doubt HE takes any DEMS
down, as much as YOU would LOVE that too. I agree with Tom of PA, but
recall that DeLay got warnings before .... and just for the record, I think he's
UnAmerican, traitor like, in how Unethical he's acted, when recall, ITS OUR
GOVERNMENT, isn't it still? It's time for fresh new blood in Congress & yeah
time for Americans to boot some cut throats, REPS & DEMS alike.

Dave Schwartz
04-30-2005, 10:36 AM
IMHO, this thread epitomizes much of the problem our country faces, namely that whenever someone is accused of something the opinions split along partisan lines.

If we are to make our country work, politicians must be Americans before they are republicans or democrats. And in order to demand that of them, we must be Americans before whatever first.

Personally, I find the things that Tom Delay is accused of as just plain wrong. If he did them, I'd like to see him out of politics. And any dems that do this sort of thing should be gone as well.

Unfortunately, the Republican party just naturally resists removing one of its own until it becomes a real political liability to the party. And the Dems do the same thing. (The only party that doesn't do this is the libertarians. Oh, wait - is that because they don't have any power?)

And it isn't just politics that brings this out. I had dinner with a black-boxer acquaintance of mine during the OJ trial who adamantly insisted that OJ was on trial only because he was black. I thought he was kidding and teased him about it to the point where he almost went a couple of rounds with me in the restaurant! I just could not believe anyone could be serious about that.

Just as it is easier to find a white person who agreed with the Rodney King verdict, it is easier to find an ex-Marine that would defend Ollie North's actions.

When a baseball player has a beef with a fan, the for/against lines are clearly drawn based upon geography.

Why is it so difficult for us (as a society) to just take an impartial stance?

Just my opinion.

Regards to all,
Dave Schwartz

Tom
04-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Dave/Dick/Dave/Dick posted: (:D )
"Just my opinion."

Whoever you really are, you said it all right there. YOU have an opinion based on YOUR review of the facts. You don't have to go to moveon.org to get your thoughts.

The way things SHOULD be is that you have a belief system, a value system, and you compare events or ideas to those systems and then accept them or refuse them. Too many here have a "filing system" where if it is Bush it is bad, if it is anti-Bush, it is good.

Frankly, I iam guilty of this too. - When I heard about Delay's actions, I immediately thought not dem nor repub, but rather here is antoher case of a POS politician ripping off the public. In that, I am pbi-partisan. BOTH sides of the aisle of full of cheaters, liars, thieves, and worse. The congress, as an institution, is not willing to properly regulate itself. That is why we need term limits. When the paint on your office wall is dry, you are out of there.