PDA

View Full Version : Quick Sheets

balarat
04-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has tried the DRF Quick Sheets yet, and if so, what is your opinion?

aaron
04-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Quick Sheets are okay with the key races.Their hot trainer information is misleading,because it is not track specific.The trainer patterns are okay,but sometimes they are not true patterns.They also are not track specific or broken down by sprints and routes.The post position information is a waste of time.Jockey/Trainer info is worthwhile when given.The quick sheet is a decent product,but I would not use it without the past performances.

garyoz
04-27-2005, 10:43 PM
They are a 100% knock-off of Bris's Picks & Power Plays. I get the Bris Picks & Power Plays for free for the tracks I'm betting because I use Brisbet. To me they are interchangeable, with Bris being slightly better. I got the DRF's Quick Sheets several days last week. It really depends what web site I am on. (I prefer paying for the DRF Past Performances to Bris' Ultimate PP's which I can get for free. I also use the DRF PP's to run CJ's figures).

I'd buy a years worth of quick sheets for $99 if I weren't getting the P&PP's for free. Bris charges $5 per track to a max of $10 per day. I seem to remember them saying that it was their most popular item. I think that Bris probably has better data on the individual sheets concerning workouts and trainer angles.

I use them as a scratch sheet. I make far too many mistakes when making wagers and I find having one sheet with the races, betting menu, post times, trainers, jocks, etc. very useful. I always double check to make sure I'm not overlooking connections. I also write out my bets on the sheets.

It wasn't that many years ago when I used to download the "track programs" just the rudimentary, name, number jock trainer, ML and pay a $1 per track to BRIS. But, it was the only source of program numbers and track morning lines (the DRF did not have program numbers or ML). Nice to have them available.

The Hawk
04-28-2005, 04:55 PM
The Quick Sheets are perfect if you're playing from home. Post times, wager menus, ML, etc. all on one sheet.

garyoz
04-28-2005, 06:05 PM
I forgot to mention that Bris is providing free Picks and Power Plays until the end of the month. Obviously in response to the competition.