PDA

View Full Version : Interesting OpEd in NY Post

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2005, 07:12 PM
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/45430.htm

I particularly enjoyed this passage:

It's no wonder that MoveOn's leaders have come to see themselves as Democratic leaders. "Now it's our party," Eli Pariser, head of MoveOn's political operations, wrote last December. "We bought it, we own it and we're going to take it back."

The prospect horrifies some centrist Democrats who have urged the party to steer clear of MoveOn. "You've got to reject [filmmaker] Michael Moore and the MoveOn crowd," Al From, head of the Democratic Leadership Council, said recently, calling MoveOn's members "elites, people who sit in their basements all the time and play on their computers."

JustRalph
04-27-2005, 08:28 PM
I found this part interesting.....very funny in fact.........

"MoveOn was started by the husband-and-wife software entrepreneurs Wes Boyd and Joan Blades. In a conversation last fall, Blades told me it began one day in 1998 when she and Boyd were having lunch in a Chinese restaurant near Berkeley, Calif., where they live. They were discussing the Clinton impeachment battle, then raging in Washington, and concluded that Republicans seemed to have gone crazy.

They found that everyone in the restaurant agreed with them. "We were hearing another table where people were saying, 'How can we be doing this?' " Blades told me. "We were just hearing all around us, 'This is crazy.' " On the basis of that polling in one of the bluest areas of the United States, Boyd and Blades decided to create MoveOn. "Using e-mail and the Web, we can focus a broad and deep consensus in the American public into action,"

This had to be the miscalculation of the century.......they thought that the rest of the country was absolutely in sync with Berkeley California :lol: :lol: :lol:

toetoe
04-27-2005, 09:13 PM
I must jump in here. I am far from elite, but I spend WAY too much time in my cyberbunker.

What's really great is that I grew up in Berkeley. So typical of that subset of Berkeleyans to unscientifically survey the surrounding gastronomes, find some agreement, add two and two, get five, convince themselves all good people agree with them, etc.

Tom
04-27-2005, 11:03 PM
And one of them found a finger in his bowl of chili, too!:bang:

ljb
04-28-2005, 09:10 AM
If you folks would take a peek at the Frontline Documentary regarding Walmart thread, you may have a better understanding of Moveon's growing popularity.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2005, 09:42 AM
I'd like a better understanding of why MoveOn sucks at results....especially against "the worst President in history"

But they didn't stop impeachment, nor did they later succeed in punishing the impeachers at the polls. In fact, MoveOn largely failed in its electoral goals in 1998, 2000 and 2002.

Then came 2004, when MoveOn's leaders were again convinced that a majority of Americans was behind them. "Maybe I should say it out loud," Blades said during a speech in Washington last June. "Finally, everybody's saying, 'Yeah, we're going to win by a landslide.' " Wrong again.

Now, Democrats are lining up for the support of MoveOn and its energetic members. Yes, MoveOn has a lot of things to offer. But a winning strategy might not be one of them.

Suff
04-28-2005, 09:52 AM
excuse me.. But have'nt liberals recieved more votes in 3 of the last 4 presidential elections? I'm confused.

And is it partisian thinking when I say... If 16 fruitcakes hadn't flown 3 planes into some buildings, it'd been 4 of 4?

Suff
04-28-2005, 10:00 AM
and another thing.. and it gets tiring watching the America haters operate.

The quote he used where Moveon stated they were powerful was in 2002.

And the Founding Dinner was 1998. So There never was a "Calculation" "NEAR" Berkely that the Restuarant audience was in snyc with America.

But it made Ralph feel good to say that. Facts be damned.

And PA... did'nt we just agree that the NY haters could care less about 9-11-01. And you see this guy write "Near Berkely CA" in that story? Go look at it. It did not Happen in BERKLEY...he said "Near" it. he is doing the same thing to California, that people do to NY. Dividing the Nation by imaginary lines. They love to hate America . I don't know why they hate America so much.... It boggles my mind.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2005, 10:04 AM
This has nothing to do with America...it has to to with MoveOn....LOL

Suff
04-28-2005, 10:24 AM
This has nothing to do with America...it has to to with MoveOn....LOL

I mostly like them. And as far as Michael Moore. That poor guy. Geez. He's a Ham-n-Egger. his flick Roger and Me was great. Bowling for Columbine had some great scene's.....and Faranhiet 911 was great. You have to see through the manipulation...and in any Political documentary it will be there.

I have no issue with Michael Moore.

Most of the people who bash him have never seen ANY of his Flicks.

But really, before he was anybody! Just being himself, so you know he wasn't putting on a face...he made "Roger & Me"...and anyone who's hasn't seen that Documentary , that comments on Michael Moore... I just ignore.
He's a Great Great American.

Plus he CLOBBERED O'reilly on the Factor...and I liked that. It was funny when O'reilly admitted that he found no redeeeming value in sending his son to die in Fallujah. Loved it.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't understand why O'Reily gets bashed so much on this board from those on the left. The few times I've watched him, he seems fairly evenhanded with his criticisms....much more so than I would have thought listening to the folks complain about him and Fox on this board.

And as for MM, I saw Bowling for Columbine, and I will see F 9/11 one day.

Never did catch Roger & Me....I'm not surprised it might be his best. They always say sequels never live up to the original....

JustRalph
04-28-2005, 04:55 PM
And the Founding Dinner was 1998. So There never was a "Calculation" "NEAR" Berkely that the Restuarant audience was in snyc with America.

But it made Ralph feel good to say that. Facts be damned.

from the article: "On the basis of that polling in one of the bluest areas of the United States, Boyd and Blades decided to create MoveOn. "Using e-mail and the Web, we can focus a broad and deep consensus in the American public into action,"

It sure sounds to me like they thought the Restaurant was in sync with America, considering the resources and effort they committed to the project. I won't argue the point.........you read it your way....... I will read it mine.

I will tell you what Mike. You have been busting my balls pretty good around here lately. You and I obviously don't think alike. Even though at one time I thought we were much closer in our thinking. You have either fallen farther to the left, or I have pulled to the right. Or maybe it is a little bit of both. (Although I don't think I could get much more to the right) The bottom line being that we disagree. I don't have as much time as I used to when it comes to this board. I am pretty busy running a small company and don't find as much time to play on the net. I rarely get to play the ponies like I used to either. But I still like this place. I have friends here and I get emails and such from the them on a regular basis. I would really like to participate in some of these long threads and give it back to you as much as you give, I still enjoy it. Maybe in the future I will have more time. But for now, go over to the closest armchair you can find and smack your nuts against it as hard as you can. That should make up for what I wish I had time to do..........:)

ljb
04-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Gentlemen,
Prior to the last presidential election, I mentioned to a young republican my biggest fear was the fundamentalist and their force in the republican party. I said I didn't know how to fight this group. He suggested I find/join a group that would fight them. Moveon fills that need. They are just getting their legs and will be a force to keep an eye on as time progress's. The fundamentalists have been going at it for 8 years or more and are close to creating the theocracy they desire in Washington. Plus they have weekly meetings with their constituents to enforce their teachings. You can lol all you want but Moveon is not going away.

lsbets
04-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Suff,

I guess I would fall in that group you say hates America - that is pretty freaking funny. Get over yourself. We really don't care that much about the day to day goings on in the Northeast, no matter how important you think you are. And if you think anyone not from the Northeast or California who is not liberal hates America, I could send you to a lot of graves from Southern, Midwestern, and Southwestern soldiers who sacrificed everything for a country you say they hate. Were you trying to sound like Equineer, or was it just a coincidence?

Equineer
04-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Lsbets,

Why don't you provide an audio link for "Taps" to accompany your maudlin partisan posts? :(

Americans have always mourned and grieved for every soldier killed in the line of duty. But you have to examine the graves individually to differentiate between those who made the ultimate but necessary sacrifice and those who unnecessarily died in vain.

In Vietnam, thousands died in vain after "Westmoreland's Moment" in the fall of 1967 when Johnson decided that a military solution was not politically feasible... tens of thousands of unnecessary casualties were incurred until Saigon fell in 1975.

Iraq has likewise been a bungled mess. When Bush was too cowardly for political reasons to mobilize sufficient manpower to expeditiously and decisively occupy Iraq, he sealed the tragic destiny for thousands of unnecessary casualties incurred after his "Mission Accomplished" grandstanding.

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2005, 02:39 AM
vEtQuineer,

It's so easy to sound like an expert with 20/20 hindsight.

Oh to live a day in your shoes!

A day filled with 24/7 ego stroking...what an orgasm that must lead to in the end....

Equineer
04-29-2005, 05:50 AM
vEtQuineer,

A day filled with 24/7 ego stroking...what an orgasm that must lead to in the end....In thread after thread, you seem intent on filling some sort of quota for vitriolic and/or paranoid non sequiturs.

However, your best for today comes from another thread.Link To Original Post By PaceAdvantage (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186587&postcount=6):
If anyone would like to know IN ADVANCE what political topics are going to be flamed about here on the PaceAdvantage.Com off topic section, just go to MoveOn for a preview. They send their lowest ranking "soldiers" out to places like the PA Off-Topic section! LOLSo you have finally caught on! Indeed, paranoia is sometimes well-founded. :)

Actually, MoveOn and most other special interest groups use sophisticated profiling and matchmaking systems to generate "marching orders" for their "soldiers".

I suspect that I was sent here by the GOP Old Guard because I outrank your "soldiers"... or maybe it was because I have garnered Eclipse votes while you have none. :lol:

Suff
04-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Suff,

I guess I would fall in that group you say hates America - that is pretty freaking funny. Get over yourself. We really don't care that much about the day to day goings on in the Northeast, no matter how important you think you are. And if you think anyone not from the Northeast or California who is not liberal hates America, I could send you to a lot of graves from Southern, Midwestern, and Southwestern soldiers who sacrificed everything for a country you say they hate. Were you trying to sound like Equineer, or was it just a coincidence?

You must be refering to this ?

I personally, don't line up behind People with an opinion on 9-11 that hate America to begin with. Because New York is in America, and is a big part of America...Yet where your from "New York" is a swear word. You don't think we know that people sit around bashing New York in the Red States? Of course we do... so excuse me if I don't run to the front of the line while Red States pound the desk about 9-11-01. Because the Fact is, and I have been meaning to bring this point to PA's attention, that Most people in the Red States could give a F*** less what happens to New York. They spend considerable time, bad mouthing it, and blaming its elite liberal snobs for thier problems. So I have no time, nor interest in thier opinions on 9-11-01.

And it bothers me even more that in "New Yorks" name, we launched a War on terror, when the fact is, most Red States HATE what New York stands for, and consider them as equal a threat to them as Osama bin laden.

Juts remember... Nothings for free. I'm not assuming anything....nor am I insuating The country's obbsessed with the on-goings of the North East. I realize most people concern themselves with the 5 miles around they're body..

But at the same time, I listen to Limbaugh, I listen to Hannity, Coulter, Ingram and I read. I read quite a bit. And I know New York and other states, mine included , get bashed...and the general tone is that we don't "represent" what America is about. And by implication that means unamerican. And what I am tellling you, is that there is a price to pay for that. Not just between us individually as people, but even in a Macro sense, I belive it is bad business for the Country. Additionally, I believe it is my obligation to distrust anything said by a Red State Conservative, not only about 9-11-01, but National Poltics in General. Because they have skewered the truth about the Nation.
Furthemore... If you don't like your neighbor, and have very few, if any , nice things to say about Him...and its widely known in the Neighborhood that you don't like him. But when he dies, you fawn over his coffin, and feign sadness. Would you be taken seriously? Not by Me. So I'm sorry to report that I have very little interest in what Conservatives, and Southern Conservatives in particular think about 9-11-01. Through thier repeated demonstration of Hate, for all things New York, and most things Blue, they have forfieted thier right to share in our grief. I regret if that includes you, or offends you.

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2005, 09:44 AM
In thread after thread, you seem intent on filling some sort of quota for vitriolic and/or paranoid non sequiturs.

Hey baby, off-topic was BUILT on the non sequitur. Get used to it!

Suff
04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
from the article:

Maybe in the future I will have more time. But for now, go over to the closest armchair you can find and smack your nuts against it as hard as you can. That should make up for what I wish I had time to do..........:)

Oh boy. So you'd like to kick me in the nuts would yea. He he. Thats cool. Yes I know the feeling. Not with you.. I think your a nice guy, a hell of nice guy. But your piss'n me off with all this Red State Rocks shit and the Bullshit that the Hard Right indulgences. Your drinking your own urine.

Hey Ralphy boy.. I made a Movie in honor of you... And its all in good fun, and I hope our friendship is strong enough that it can see its way through this little rough patch that last couple of weeks.

I titled my Movie

Ralph Conquers

Director

Mr. World Champion!
Suff

http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=2383121

ljb
04-29-2005, 01:09 PM
A snippet from EQ's post to PA,
In thread after thread, you seem intent on filling some sort of quota for vitriolic and/or paranoid non sequiturs.
Eq,
It appears to me that PA is beginning to unravel. His hostility and profanity are coming to a head. Perhaps he is bothered with all the truths smashing down on the neocons at such a rapid pace ?

ljb
04-29-2005, 01:32 PM
vEtQuineer,

A day filled with 24/7 ego stroking...what an orgasm that must lead to in the end....
I do believe that eq was one that opposed the insane invasion of Iraq prior to it happening. Pehaps under a different screen name. ;) Anything PRIOR to an event does not indicate 20/20 hindsight, the correct term is foresight.

ljb
04-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Suff,
I really liked your movie. If I may though, just a piece of criticism. I picture Ralph with a much bigger hat. ;) You know what they say in Texas "big hat no cattle."

Equineer
04-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Shucks... for 2005... Best Script, Best Director, Best Actor, and Best Film now seem hopelessly out of reach... I guess the rest of us will have to scrap for minor awards. :D

There will probably be copycats... but originality should prevail.

46zilzal
04-29-2005, 03:05 PM
excuse me.. But have'nt liberals recieved more votes in 3 of the last 4 presidential elections? I'm confused.

And is it partisian thinking when I say... If 16 fruitcakes hadn't flown 3 planes into some buildings, it'd been 4 of 4?
yes again

JustRalph
04-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Suff, You converted me........ I am feeling kind of woozie though.....lets make up......

http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=2383374 (http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=2383374)

Great website..!

Suff
04-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Great website..!

Aint it. I was hoping you'd find the Humor in it..because I truly do have a lot of respect for you, and admire your interest in American affairs and hope to continue a dialogue with you about all things america, whenever your able.

Sorry for pushing a little to much. I'm a loud mouth....Liberal

Tom
04-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Michael Moore is a great American.

And Rosie O'Donnel is a hot babe.
And Randi Rhodes is a Rhodes Scholar.
And Jane Fonda is misunderstood.

Uh huh.
OK.

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Suff posts>>And I know New York and other states, mine included , get bashed...and the general tone is that we don't "represent" what America is about.-snip

Ya think Texas doesn't get bashed, lol. Get over it, man. Whenever I see a liberal make an ignorant comment, such as, lets say D2U posting "listen up, inbreds", I just consider the source and move on. WTF cares. Hear that kind of stuff a lot, matters little.

suff>and the general tone is that we don't "represent" what America is about. And by implication that means unamerican. snip

Personally, I read into it that the majority of folks from Mass, NY and most NE states are currently out of step with the rest of the country on many issues. You don't see it that way b/c you're not looking further than your backyard. I personally see the dems gaining a bit of ground in 06, but losing yet again in 2008 in the prez election regardless of who runs (assuming the knife stays in Lieberman's back). Reason? They gave the steering wheel to a lunatic like Howard Dean. That's why.

People like him are the reason the dem party is a loser in national elections. The liberal agenda is dead in this country in prez elections. Take a look at Lbj's posts and his connection to moveon.org. Take a long look at the posts. That's what the media whores are going to lock onto. When people think of the Dem party nowdays they look at the LJB's on boards, in the news protesting like children (with face paint), Mike Moore and the hollywood crybabies whining. As long as that's the poster that Repubs hold up as representing the Dem party, they've got you dead in the water.

Like I said earlier, run Lieberman and I'm interested. The rest are cartoon charachters and con artists. It's the DNC's call, and so far they've royally f'cked over Americans looking for a "choice". If you guys couldn't beat GWB and wrestle the majority(s) from teh Repubs in the last go around with all teh circumstance surrounding the election (wmd frenzy by media, economy down, media bias helping out Ketchupboy, etc), I don't know what makes ya think it'll happen in the near future.

ljb
04-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Elk,
You suggest others should take a look at my posts and my connection to Moveon. Thank you for the reccomendation.
The big problem I have with Lieberman is his bowing to the pressures of the msm. He in fact is no different then run of the mill politicians. Big business has him in their pocket much like they have Bush, Frist and most other politicians. It will take some time but we American people can and will regain control of our government from the fundamentalists and the corporations. If not, you had best prepare for a continued lower standard of living for middle class Americans, as that is what is in store under corporate control.

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 10:26 AM
lbj posts>>It will take some time but we American people can and will regain control of our government from the fundamentalists and the corporations.

ljb,

It would benefit you to understand this much...The American people DID make our choice, and we did it in record numbers last fall. Dreamon.org all you want. People in this country have rejected the liberal agenda time and time again.

in the past 40 years, only Jimmy Carter has won over 51% of the vote representing the Dem party in a win. Btw, he was sent packing in a landslide victory for Ronald Reagan four yrs later. America couldn't get rid of Carter fast enough.

Let that sink in. The people HAVE spoken. We've seen your movie, we've lived your nitemare. We decided to moveon, ourselves.

If you wish to pin every problem on GWB, have at it. Most Americans are too sharp to believe your bullshit.

Suff
04-30-2005, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE]Personally, I read into it that the majority of folks from Mass, NY and most NE states are currently out of step with the rest of the country on many issues. You don't see it that way b/c you're not looking further than your backyard.

But the facts say different. Our communities are diverse, our children are well read, we have high Numbers across the Board in most any demographic that would lead one to believe we have blinkesr on, or tunnel vision.

People like him are the reason the dem party is a loser in national elections.
I'll say it again, has'nt the liberal party garnered more votes in 3 of the last 4 national elections? Additionally, I for one, have no doubts that had Iraq and/0r 9-11-01 never happened, It would have been 4 for 4.

Mike Moore and the hollywood crybabies whining. As long as that's the poster that Repubs hold up as representing the Dem party, they've got you dead in the water.

I know you've never seen Roger & Me. See it. Have you seen Bowling for columbine? F-911? Just rent Roger & Me and then tell me Michael Moore's bad for America.

Like I said earlier, run Lieberman and I'm interested. The rest are cartoon charachters and con artists. It's the DNC's call, and so far they've royally f'cked over Americans looking for a "choice". If you guys couldn't beat GWB and wrestle the majority(s) from teh Repubs in the last go around with all teh circumstance surrounding the election (wmd frenzy by media, economy down, media bias helping out Ketchupboy, etc), I don't know what makes ya think it'll happen in the near future.

Who's the victim? Attack's on Chistianity, attacks on Family's, Attacks by Liberl media, Attacks by Gays... The "victim role" has been cornered by the Conservatives. Everyone's out to get them, thier kids & thier way of life, and they must RISE UP and fight off these eveil do'ers.

As far as Texas getting Bashed... I personally have never heard it...and if it exists...its a fraction of what is done to New York and Massachusetts. Because I and probably you as well, watch the news & opinion programs.

And to be honest... I can'y speak for everyone here... But bashing other States repeatedly...is unamerican. We don't engage in that here. However it is part of the Culture in Many Southern States. Every time Anything related to Govt interferes with thier lives..."It's those Liberals from NY, and Washington mess'n with me"

I personally have never heard anyone blame Texas or Kansas, or Alabama for thier plight.

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 10:45 AM
suff>>I know you've never seen Roger & Me. See it. Have you seen Bowling for columbine? F-911? Just rent Roger & Me and then tell me Michael Moore's bad for America.

What do you mean I've never seen Roger and Me.? Bullshit. I've seen it- twice- on pbs YEARS AGO. It sucked.

The rabbit getting strangled and crushed by the python. Sickening. Only a sick person would see any humor or meaning from it. He even showed it in slow f'king motion. Moore has major problems, dude.

The clinically depressed fella (holding back on him b/c i do think he had some REAL problems) who cried at the drop of the hat at the 1960s Beach boys song. To me that ain't journalism or producing a decent documentary. It's exploiting a sick man.

I saw Roger and me and I can tell you Mike moore is bad for America in that he shows one side. Screw him and his 3rd rate doc's.

Suff
04-30-2005, 10:54 AM
suff>>I know you've never seen Roger & Me. See it. Have you seen Bowling for columbine? F-911? Just rent Roger & Me and then tell me Michael Moore's bad for America.

What do you mean I've never seen Roger and Me.? Bullshit. I've seen it- twice- on pbs YEARS AGO. It sucked.

The.

Who sucks more. Michael Moore or Roger Smith?

There's your vote.

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 10:59 AM
I'll say it again, has'nt the liberal party garnered more votes in 3 of the last 4 national elections? Additionally, I for one, have no doubts that had Iraq and/0r 9-11-01 never happened, It would have been 4 for 4.

Who cares about the popular vote, suff? It's who WINS THE ELECTIONS that count, man. If the Sox lost to the Cards all 4 games in the WS but outhit STL, you gonna try to tell me that's some kind of accomplishment? Of course not.

WINNING is all that matters. Everything else is periphery.

I know you've never seen Roger & Me. See it. Have you seen Bowling for columbine? F-911? Just rent Roger & Me and then tell me Michael Moore's bad for America.

See above post. You're wrong. I saw this sick "fffilm" twice. Once to kill time, the other to laugh at it. It's a piece of sick shit.

Who's the victim? Attack's on Chistianity, attacks on Family's, Attacks by Liberl media, Attacks by Gays... The "victim role" has been cornered by the Conservatives. Everyone's out to get them, thier kids & thier way of life, and they must RISE UP and fight off these eveil do'ers.

Suff,

Screw victimhood. I don't want any part of it. I'm looking to win...Period...Read ljb and the face painted girrrrrl. They'll define victim for you by their text. I knwo you aren't of their ilk in that regard, but look at their posts. Everything that's wrong in the world, their lives, in GWB's fault.

As far as Texas getting Bashed... I personally have never heard it...and if it exists...its a fraction of what is done to New York and Massachusetts. Because I and probably you as well, watch the news & opinion programs.

And to be honest... I can'y speak for everyone here... But bashing other States repeatedly...is unamerican. We don't engage in that here. However it is part of the Culture in Many Southern States. Every time Anything related to Govt interferes with thier lives..."It's those Liberals from NY, and Washington mess'n with me"

I personally have never heard anyone blame Texas or Kansas, or Alabama for thier plight.

I hear it almost every day. Seriously I do. And I ignore the people doing the talking. I'll make a deal with ya, when I see the facepaint grrrl and lbj whine about Texas energy crooks or Pols, I'll bring it to your immediate attn. Deal? It happens here often but I'm not going to waste my time searching their manure for crap. It'll turn up soon.

Hopefully you don't think my posts reflect an anti N.E. tone. If you do you'd be mistaken. I don't "blame" N.E. USA for a damn thing. I do know your region is outta step with most of the US...That ain't bangin on Mass, it's just stating the truth.

Tom
04-30-2005, 11:00 AM
1. dreamon.org.....ROTFLMAO! GOOD one, El.

2. MM. Yup Roger and Me was a great flick if you only want to see one side of the story. He totally ignores the fact the UAW was just as responsible for destroying jobs as Roger was. I am very close to GM plants and I can tell you the UAW workers are mostly a lazy, non-productiive bunch. The only exercise they get is holding thier hands out. MM forgot to show that part of the story. Or the part about 25% absentee rates that literally shut down production some days. Forgot to show that.
And Columbine, real classy guy that MM - ambushing Heston when he was obvioulsy not all there anymore. Big brave guy, like Matt Lauer did on his morning farce of a show. Neither one would have tried that two years ago - Charlie would have popped them both in the mouth.
Michael is a POS and an outright liar. And his films are garbage. And I've seen them.

Tom
04-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Who sucks more. Michael Moore or Roger Smith?

There's your vote.

Even with the plant closings, who employees moore people, who puts food on moore tables, Roger or Michael?

Go count the votes.

lsbets
04-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Suff -

The Northeast does not represent all of America. Guess what? Neither does Texas, or the South, or California, or the Midwest. We are a large, diverse nation. You seem to have a real problem with anyone not from Boston or NY having an opinion on anything. And BTW - you try to use Hannity as an example of a Southern Conservative? Guess what? He's from NY and his biggest ratings are in NY. So, if he bashes NY (I don't listen to him so I don't know), then it is one New Yorker bashing his own state. And, you seem to spend plenty of time on here trying to show how superior your blue states are. How is that any different than someone from the south saying they want people from NY to stay out of their business?

Kreed
04-30-2005, 11:28 AM
http://picture.funnyjunk.com/pics/euro_vs_america.jpg

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 11:59 AM
d2u,

I bet that chick on the left has pit hair and has excesssive BO ;) :lol:

wARNING--GEOGRAPHICAL HUMOR...Here in Dallas we have plenty of women that look like the chick on the left, sans the pit hair and BO. (besides, isn't Julie Newmar, Dana Delaney, etc from NY?? Sigourney Weaver from NJ?...HOT ENUFF FOR ME)

chickenhead
04-30-2005, 12:02 PM
And Columbine, real classy guy that MM - ambushing Heston when he was obvioulsy not all there anymore.

Heston was President of the NRA at the time, yes? MM wasn't interviewing a crazy old guy, he was interviewing the head of one this countries most powerful political lobbies.

I would consider this a tactical error on the part of NRA members, electing a guys whos lost his mind is hardly a good way to gain good pub. They got what was coming.

Consider it the much more severe flipside of Howard Dean being named head of the DNC...

__________________________________________________ _______________

JustRalph
04-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey Bong..........both of those women are probably Dems. for completely different reasons. Intersting huh?

Hey Derek, you fancy the foreign women huh?

There are beautiful women in every state. Try looking past the thong.

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 01:49 PM
JR,

in the late 90s the Ohio St womens volleyball or soccer team did a poster shot, most were topless. All, were star quality females :) . You probably remember the pic, it didn't go over well w/ the U.

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 01:53 PM
It was the womens rugby team (of all things). I do recall the shot, they were hot. On the UT board the week of TEXAS-0u we were fighting back n forth w/ the Okies, then someone posted "OK, Ohio State rules", included the pic.....stopped the bickering for awhile.

- Ohio State University Rugby women pose topfree for photo at Lincoln Memorial in Oct 1999 and were punished harshly by their University. [source N 19.3]

http://www.bodyfreedom.org/guide/timeline.html

ljb
04-30-2005, 02:42 PM
lbj posts>>It will take some time but we American people can and will regain control of our government from the fundamentalists and the corporations.

ljb,

It would benefit you to understand this much...The American people DID make our choice, and we did it in record numbers last fall. Dreamon.org all you want. People in this country have rejected the liberal agenda time and time again.

in the past 40 years, only Jimmy Carter has won over 51% of the vote representing the Dem party in a win. Btw, he was sent packing in a landslide victory for Ronald Reagan four yrs later. America couldn't get rid of Carter fast enough.

Let that sink in. The people HAVE spoken. We've seen your movie, we've lived your nitemare. We decided to moveon, ourselves.

If you wish to pin every problem on GWB, have at it. Most Americans are too sharp to believe your bullshit.

Elk,
I did not say anything about choice. I said we can regain control of our country from the fundamentalists/corporate interests that have duped many into believing them. Many on this board have seen the light and are now posting notes reflecting their vision. "worst president in my life" etc. You are either to proud or to dumb to admit the error of your ways, in any case you will have to suffer with the rest of us until we can again rest control from the fundamentalist zealots and the corporations.
Let that sink in. :D :D :D

Equineer
04-30-2005, 02:48 PM
:rolleyes: The Texas Cerebral Abyss :rolleyes:

Home of the two worst Commanders In Chief in American history: L. B. Johnson and G. W. Bush!

Through a combination of deception, ignorance and cowardice, Johnson and Bush tragically bungled Vietnam and Iraq.

Both deceived Congress and the American public on national television to earn support for their war resolutions.

Both were too ignorant to let our best military minds determine our military resource requirements and run the wars.

Both were too cowardly for political reasons to admit their failures and redress their mistakes.

Like the weird frog explosions in Europe, something that attacks human minds seems to have evolved in Texas in the years leading up to Dealey Plaza... and it is a national tragedy that G. W. Bush was exposed to it.

Today, most of us see the symptoms only in the words and deeds of national politicians from Texas, like Bush and DeLay, but the cerebral decay is even more evident among political leaders within Texas... feeble-minded politicians that Rove & Company thankfully keep tethered inside of Texas.

We know about U.S. House Speaker Tom DeLay... but consider the case of Texas House Speaker Tom Craddick.

Nitwit Craddick (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/rssstory.mpl/metropolitan/3136514) "informed" a Civics Class at a Texas Middle School that there are sixty members in the U.S. Senate. He apparently figured that smaller states get less than two Senators, with the tiny states probably sharing a single Senator. :)

Congruously, Texas "students didn't seem to mind either, saying they thought Craddick's visit was cool." :)

A few years ago, researchers proposed and tested a detox program for folks who were enlightened before thay moved to Texas. Test subjects leaving Texas were cycled through halfway houses in the Ohio Brain-Drain Corridor before being returned to enlightened population centers. Unforfunately, the results were not conclusively promising. :)

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 02:53 PM
"Worst president", ljb? Jimmy Carter, hands down. After that, throw in the two Impeached (Nixon, Clinton) and I'd add Johnson to the mix for how he handled Vietnam.

GWB is far above the 3 dems I've mentioned on paper alone.

Clinton pardoned a record number of criminals on his way out. Yet you guys are all over GWB for what Ken Lay and the Fastows did. The Fastows have gone to the pen, we'll see if LAY gets his.

I'd bet he doesn't get pardoned. Oh if only Lay were a good buddy of Clinton, and Clinton ruled today! He'd be a free man forever. The Fastows, too.

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 02:58 PM
[B] :. Test subjects leaving Texas were cycled through halfway houses in the Ohio Brain-Drain Corridor before being returned to enlightened population centers. Unforfunately, the results were not conclusively promising. :)

There. You used the word "enlightened" again. Very gay, Equeer. (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Equineer
04-30-2005, 03:39 PM
There. You used the word "enlightened" again. Very gay, Equeer. (not that there's anything wrong with that).The antonyms of "enlightened" are "stupid" and "ignorant". Pick your roost. :D

ElKabong
04-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Doesn't change a thing, Equeer. Enlightened sounds code for "gay".

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Your last nick was Vet scratch. The avatar was of a woman, yet you were vague on your sex when asked.....Not that there's anything wrong with that...

hcap
04-30-2005, 04:35 PM
I guess "THE AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT" then must be code for gays doing alot of painting and pansy style classical music. And french fairies like Voltaire, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, and René Descartes, spreading gay bull. I mean after all they were french.

From Wikipedia...

This movement provided a framework for the American and French Revolutions, as well as the rise of capitalism and the birth of socialism. It is matched by the high baroque era in music, and the neo-classical period in the arts.

See what gays can do when they put their minds to it??

Pack it in kabong. Your gay bashing days are about 250 years too late.

JustRalph
04-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Those Ohio Girls.....what a bunch of prudes.........

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper333/stills/941736299487.jpg

Tom
04-30-2005, 05:36 PM
........Try looking past the thong.

Ralph, you devil, you! ;)

BTW, was that Equeer in the photo on the right? :lol:

Equineer
04-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Doesn't change a thing, Equeer. Enlightened sounds code for "gay".

Your last nick was Vet scratch. The avatar was of a woman, yet you were vague on your sex when asked.....Not that there's anything wrong with that...Enlightened sounds code for gay? Your posts read like they were written by someone who wrinkles their brow and moves their lips when they read or write, both symptomatic of neo-readers who played too much pocket pool instead of paying attention in school. :)

Also, enlightened readers know that I have previously chummed neo-reader waters for a meaningful gamble concerning my rank or sex. The Vetscratch issue is also on the table providing you can cover her appearance fee on top of the gamble. Are you ready to take the bait?

In the meantime, let's see if you can give the old Colonel even one decent "Hook 'em Horns" pushup, where only two index fingers and two pinkies touch the ground. :)

In fact, if you can give me two formful "Hook 'em Horns" pushups, I might let you off cheap. If you have any attractive adult female relatives, you might consider asking me to demonstrate my heterosexual preferences. I will be glad to review new FBA Breeding Pledge applications as well as any that may already be on file with Puff Daddy and Pat Robertson. :)

Kreed
04-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Why not just tell these dudes who you are? I was awed. Hey, its not their
fault because in many ways YOU are mysterious. So, EN-Lite-IN them please.
ps: xxx Derek

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Why not just tell these dudes who you are? I was awed.

News flash....nobody cares.

Kreed
04-30-2005, 06:42 PM
So Harsh. A bad day? Hey, EQ is cool (imo) & keeps the Fires lit. Yet, if you
all could know EQ you would say WOW, GET DOWN.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Buddy, everyday is a GREAT day!

Tom
04-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Especially great when you have EQ on your ignore list!

Let me guess, Kreed...is she the bride who was kidnapped then wasn't kidnapped, then admitted it was a lie, after causing people mental pain, and society money in a futile search?
No, that couldn't be her....her FINACE might have run away and hid.......

Equineer
04-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Why not just tell these dudes who you are? I was awed. Hey, its not their fault because in many ways YOU are mysterious. So, EN-Lite-IN them please.
ps: xxx DerekDerek,

As you know, I trusted you because you are enlightened... who understands better than you that "MONEY is at the root of all the mysteries that befuddle the In-Cons." :)

Because of considerations outside of horseracing, if web catbirds want to play identity games, they will get no satisfaction out of me without putting their money where their mouths are.

I am confident that you will honor my trust in you. Give our warmest regards to Solange!

ElKabong
05-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Also, enlightened readers know that I have previously chummed neo-reader waters for a meaningful gamble concerning my rank or sex. The Vetscratch issue is also on the table providing you can cover her appearance fee on top of the gamble. Are you ready to take the bait?

)

Instead of talking in circles, why not just PM me when you come to Dallas. We'll meet. I know YOU won't do it (I expected Sec to take the invite, but doubt you'll do it). You're a cowering little freak. But when you're in the area, PM me.

ljb
05-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Instead of talking in circles, why not just PM me when you come to Dallas. We'll meet.
Interesting ,
I was at an event with my brother-in-law last year, a couple of ladies standing nearby were chatting profusely. My brother-in-law said to one on them, "You must be from the south?" She replied, somewhat adamantly, "We're not from the south we're from Dallas." :D :D :D