PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Point

hcap
04-27-2005, 07:22 AM
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000894970

Gallup: 50% of Americans Now Say Bush Deliberately Misled Them on WMDs

"This is the highest percentage that Gallup has found on this measure since the question was first asked in late May 2003,"

I guess no WMDs re Syria doesn't help. Btw, Gallop trends conservative.
OK mister president, bend over real far and kiss your neocon ass bye bye.
Imaginary Mandate = the imaginary WMDs.

ljb
04-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Perhaps this explains why the neocons on this board are so hostile lately. :D :D :D

hcap
04-27-2005, 08:15 AM
ljb,

We have been correct all along. The lemmings have been wrong.
Remember all the faux stories JR, Tom, boxhead, etc, quoted about "they shipped them" to:

A-Syria
B-Lebanon
c-Libya
d-new jersey

Pick from the above. Don't matter if you make up another not on the list.
As long as it placates the lemmings.

:bang:

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2005, 08:47 AM
You believe what you want. Gallup also said JK was going to be the next President. Oh how wrong they were....

Weren't the elections a scant 5 months ago? Not much has change since then...dare I say the Iraq situation has improved......

So I will ask again....how the hell did John Kerry lose to this guy?

And another probing question, since you again are bringing up the fragility of the Bush administration:

If Bush, who many on this board consider the worst president in HISTORY, was able to win A SECOND TERM, doesn't that mean a slam dunk is in the waiting for 2008? I mean, the Republicans can't come up with anybody worse than Bush as a candidate, according to you folks....so if BUSH, the "worst President in history" is able to win a second term, then I have to think most any halfway decent guy they nominate in 2008 should be able to hit it out of the park against the now-defunct Democratic party.....

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves....you couldn't even defeat "the worst President in history."

Tsk tsk tsk.....

Equineer
04-27-2005, 11:25 AM
ljb,

We have been correct all along. The lemmings have been wrong.
Remember all the faux stories JR, Tom, boxhead, etc, quoted about "they shipped them" to:

A-Syria
B-Lebanon
c-Libya
d-new jersey

Pick from the above. Don't matter if you make up another not on the list.
As long as it placates the lemmings.

:bang:I apologize for raining on your parade, but Saddam's missing WMDs were just discovered in Germany. (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050427/D89NPBP80.html)

cj
04-27-2005, 11:46 AM
OK mister president, bend over real far and kiss your neocon ass bye bye.

I don't think he is going anywhere for awhile.

46zilzal
04-27-2005, 12:05 PM
I don't think he is going anywhere for awhile.
yes but where will he take the country before his destruction is over?

hcap
04-27-2005, 07:14 PM
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
Who coined it? Well they evidently got it right

Equineer, your link is invaluable. Ties up alot of loose ends

From the article about German toads...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050427/D89NPBP80.html

BERLIN (AP) - More than 1,000 toads have puffed up and exploded in a Hamburg pond in recent weeks, and scientists still have no explanation for what's causing the combustion, an official said Wednesday.

... "The toads at a pond in the upscale neighborhood of Altona have been blowing up since the beginning of the month, filling up like balloons until their stomachs suddenly burst."

My theory is Saddam, shortly before the invasion, unbeknownst to our satellite imaging, echelon surveliance, and overflights over the "no-fly" zones, smuggled, flies loaded with DU for a dirty bomb to Germany. Frogs eat flies as everyone knows. His plywood drones, those same drones able to carry out a terrorist attack within 45 minutes, must have ditched in this German pond before rendevousing with top Al-Queda German agents.

My suspicion is that they are exploding during mass sexual encounters known to the Germans as "das Froschwendiheist circle ruckartig das jerka", thereby producing a critical mass and detonating.

I guess the preznit was right all along. Saddam was close to developing nookular WMDs. Now we finally know what Cheney was doing at those Cabinet Level Meetings of the Energy Task Force. Cheney chaired nine meetings of the Cabinet-level Energy Task Force between january and may 2001, also meeting with some Enron Officials.

Maybe frog power was on the agenda? Saddam beat em to it.

:rolleyes:

JustRalph
04-27-2005, 08:20 PM

I can only hope.............

ljb
04-27-2005, 08:53 PM
I can only hope.............
No where? Me too.

NoDayJob
04-27-2005, 10:00 PM
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves....you couldn't even defeat "the worst President in history." Tsk tsk tsk.....

PA,

:) President Bush may be hoist by his own petard much the way the late President Nixon was. I don't think he will complete his term of office if the economy does an about face. Remember, President Nixon's problems started in a "bear market". :)

NDJ

Tom
04-27-2005, 11:00 PM

Mexico.

NoDayJob
04-28-2005, 02:02 AM
Mexico.

:D Good, I like Tequila hangovers. :D

NDJ

hcap
04-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Another dismal poll. Maybe he won't be thrown out (sigh!), but he can still bend over real far and kiss his neo-CON mandate bye-bye.

http://www.dawn.com/2005/04/27/int7.htm

WASHINGTON, April 26: An opinion poll published on Tuesday shows a gradual decline in support for President George Bush, while the majority also believes that the United States has got bogged down in Iraq. The joint survey by the Washington Post and ABC News registered drops in key performance ratings for President Bush, growing pessimism about the economy and a precipitous decline in support for Mr Bush’s Social Security plan.

hcap
04-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Toads exploading in Denmark as well as Germany.
No joking. What da ****

http://www.rense.com/general64/dcs.htm

Equineer
04-28-2005, 09:17 AM
If the toads are spontaneously exploding today, can a global deluge of frogs falling from the sky be far behind?

This may not be Saddam's work after all. I am beginning to wonder about Boxcar's whereabouts... who else would have the power to invoke the Rapture? :)

ljb
04-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Eq,
You may have stumbled on something here. Boxcar has given up on saving our souls, he has taken things into his own hands. Today it is frogs, what does tommorrow hold in store? Birds? Cats and Dogs? Hell hath no fury like that of a scorned Boxcar. :D :D :D

NoDayJob
04-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Toads exploading in Denmark as well as Germany.
No joking. What da ****

http://www.rense.com/general64/dcs.htm

:D It's obvious, they're gassed. Too much beer. :D

NDJ

hcap
05-03-2005, 06:32 AM
Gallop poll taken after last weeks STELLAR news conference.

Bush job performance

Respondents were almost equally divided on Bush's job performance, with 48 percent saying they approved of the way he was handling the job of president and 49 percent saying they disapproved.

On other issues:

# Forty-five percent of respondents said they approved of Bush's handling of foreign affairs and 49 percent said they disapproved.

# Forty-two percent said they approved of his handling of Iraq, compared to 55 percent who said they disapproved.

# Forty-three percent approved of his handling of the economy while 53 percent disapproved.

# Just over a third of respondents, 34 percent, approved of Bush's handling of energy issues, while 52 percent disapproved.

# Twenty-seven percent of respondents said they approved of Bush's handling of gas prices, and 67 percent said they disapproved.

More proof he wasted his "political capital". Bye bye mandate. Hello lame duck.

cj
05-03-2005, 06:43 AM
The only poll that counts is the one taken last November. It is the only fair and balanced poll ever taken. The rest mean diddly.

hcap
05-03-2005, 06:52 AM
The falling down in the polls is significant. The 52-49 margin of the election was never a mandate as bush claimed. Lame duck means many goals of the admins will fall short. And 2006 is looking better for the dems.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2005, 10:12 AM
"Bush's handling of gas prices"

What kind of lame question is that? As if ANY President has much "handle" on the price of gas, which is set mostly by international markets, supply and demand, and OPEC.

ljb
05-03-2005, 12:47 PM
The only poll that counts is the one taken last November. It is the only fair and balanced poll ever taken. The rest mean diddly.
Sad isn't it. Any chance we can have a do over? The fair and balanced is really a stretch. But I guess a lame duck president is better then no president at all.

hcap
05-03-2005, 06:03 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/03/iraq.poll/index.html

Poll: Most in U.S. say Iraq war not worthwhile

Tuesday, May 3, 2005 Posted: 4:38 PM EDT (2038 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A majority of Americans do not believe it was worth going to war in Iraq, a national poll reported Tuesday.

Fifty-seven percent of those polled said they did not believe it was worth going to war, versus 41 percent who said it was, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,006 adults.

That was a drop in support from February, when 48 percent said it was worth going to war and half said it was not.

It's also the highest percentage of respondents who have expressed those feelings and triple the percentage of Americans who said that it was not worth the cost shortly after the war began about two years ago.

This was bushs strong area. Now it may be his albatross.
Think of a duck with an albatross on his back. Not a pretty picture.
Funny tho :rolleyes: :rolleyes: