PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Silent Witness

Observer
04-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Silent Witness with be looking to remain unbeaten in a record 17 starts in just a few hours!!

TVG will be airing this event .. looking forward to it .. HOWEVER .. I have to say, I was shocked at how poorly they handled explaining the actual day/time of when the race would be run.

They were promoing it as Saturday - 3-4 a.m.

So .. I took that to mean Friday night into Saturday morning. So last night .. while watching Los Al & Hollywood .. they keep taking about the Silent Witness race as being "tomorrow" .. but it's before midnight .. so I'm figuring it's coming up .. until the discussion pretty much makes it clear that in "tomorrow" .. they mean the next overnight .. not the immediate overnight!!
:bang:

Anyway .. I'm done with my little rant.

Enjoy the race!!

Buddha
04-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Yea, I think the race is supposed to be aroudn 3:50AM ET

46zilzal
04-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Told tht the competition is a bit tougher and the dsiatance longer in seeing if this one can get a mile.

drzeus
04-24-2005, 03:26 AM
Will the QE 2 CUP be shown as well, which the race after silent witness.
Im from Australia and it will be shown here 6.35pm, which is 4.35am your time.

Have a look at ELVSTROEM who is one our best stayers from australia, and won the DUBAI DUTY FREE all the way.

Our other horse GRAND ARMEE, is the most overrated, most over hyped horse you will come across..

BillW
04-24-2005, 03:34 AM
Will the QE 2 CUP be shown as well, which the race after silent witness.
Im from Australia and it will be shown here 6.35pm, which is 4.35am your time.

Have a look at ELVSTROEM who is one our best stayers from australia, and won the DUBAI DUTY FREE all the way.

Our other horse GRAND ARMEE, is the most overrated, most over hyped horse you will come across..

Yes, TVG, one of 2 US based horseracing networks carry a full card of HK racing one night a week usually either Fri. or Sat. nights. Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

cj
04-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Another win, the announcers in Hong Kong are calling Ghostzapper out! They say they want the race, and they KNOW who will win!

BillW
04-24-2005, 03:58 AM
Another win, the announcers in Hong Kong are calling Ghostzapper out! They say they want the race, and they KNOW who will win!

Da Silva claimed in an interview with TVG that Ghostzapper's owner has made the challenge - $2 Mil to the winner $1 Mil to the loser.

PaceAdvantage
04-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Is it just the late (early) hour, or did I hear DaSilva (SW owner) use somone other than Frank Stronach's name as the owner of Ghostzapper (yet he did credit this mystery man as the owner of Santa Anita, as well as a number of other US tracks?)

I also liked it when DaSilva threw in the word "bullshit" while live on the air with TVG...gave me a chuckle, which was needed to keep me awake!

In any event, a very impressive win by Silent Witness in 1:21 and change (not sure what this means, since it's Hong Kong, but it sounds nice).

I have serious doubts he can beat Ghostzapper sprinting on the dirt, but who knows? (Something tells me this race will never happen)

Anybody got variants and pars for Sha Tin? LOL

mauvais
04-24-2005, 08:36 AM
They won't race on dirt, Silent Witness is a turf horse only.

BillW
04-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Is it just the late (early) hour, or did I hear DaSilva (SW owner) use somone other than Frank Stronach's name as the owner of Ghostzapper (yet he did credit this mystery man as the owner of Santa Anita, as well as a number of other US tracks?)

Yes, but I didn't catch it.

BillW
04-24-2005, 11:52 AM
They won't race on dirt, Silent Witness is a turf horse only.

Owner Da Silva seemed pretty confident in his dirt pedigree. Remember, Cigar was a Ca/NYRA turf horse before he became "great" :)

Bill

46zilzal
04-24-2005, 12:28 PM
In any event, a very impressive win by Silent Witness in 1:21 and change (not sure what this means, since it's Hong Kong, but it sounds nice).

close to 7 furlongs

betovernetcapper
04-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Heres the link to SW's race this morning
http://www.hkjc.com/english/racing/Results.asp?RaceDate=24/04/2005&RaceNo=7

cj
04-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks Bet,

I watched it this morning, and still watched it again. Speed wins match races, could be interesting.

betovernetcapper
04-24-2005, 02:34 PM
It might be a good betting event if the HK and US bets were pooled. Would be a great race to watch.

CryingForTheHorses
04-24-2005, 02:37 PM

WOW what a horse this is!!..Has he gone around left hand turns?..Congrats to the trainer and owner.

BillW
04-24-2005, 03:10 PM
WOW what a horse this is!!..Has he gone around left hand turns?..Congrats to the trainer and owner.

Only raced in HK - alot on the straight (5F) if I remember correctly a few around the left turn.

46zilzal
04-24-2005, 03:12 PM
On what surface would be held?

PaceAdvantage
04-24-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't think they've even come to the point where details have been discussed.