PDA

View Full Version : dime super chart

takeout
04-22-2005, 08:20 AM
This was one of those dime super races, right? There’s no way that I see that I can tell from the result charts.
http://drf.com/pdfchart/LS0421050.pdf
Can someone tell me what the dime supers paid? It looks pretty strange because of the dead heat. It’s a little odd (but certainly believable) that the super with the 90-1 shot 3rd paid more than the one with it 2nd. We’ll probably be seeing a lot more of that type of thing now.

Is there any quick and dirty way to figure out the number of winning ten-cent tickets on these things? Now with the $1 payoffs often listed as being more than what is actually in the pool (a situation that used to only occur when there was only one $1 winning ticket out) I find the whole thing pretty confusing.

Also, the pool totals, which are in the charts at Equ & DRF, aren’t listed in the BRIS/TSN charts. :confused:

MikeDee
04-22-2005, 08:45 AM
the dime payoffs were:

Quad/Superfecta 9-12-5-6 $755.90
Quad/Superfecta 9-5-12-6 $3023.32

no clue on the number of tickets

Zman179
04-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Is there any quick and dirty way to figure out the number of winning ten-cent tickets on these things? Now with the $1 payoffs often listed as being more than what is actually in the pool (a situation that used to only occur when there was only one $1 winning ticket out) I find the whole thing pretty confusing.

You take the total pool (in this case $24,188 - but it's very evident that it's been rounded out) and deduct the takeout (in this case 25%). That leaves $18,141. Since there was a dead heat, the super pool is paid out like a place pool with 50% of the pool ($9070.50) going to each winning combo. Since there are $1 payoffs posted, all you do is divide each share of the pool by the payoff. So for the shorter 9-12-5-6 combo, there were $1.20 in winning tickets sold, and for the longer 9-5-12-6, there were 30¢ in winning tickets sold.

As far as finding out what the 10¢ supers actually paid from the $1 examples, that's eeeeeasy. Just move the decimal point one spot to the left.

takeout
04-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys. I get it now.

Love this board!

freeneasy
04-25-2005, 03:50 PM
if you can make a bet at a track that takes cent super bets thru ubet?

BillW
04-25-2005, 04:28 PM
if you can make a bet at a track that takes cent super bets thru ubet?
Free,

You need to check with ubet Cust. Svc. as it is a function of the wagering outlet. For instance, AmericaTab takes $0.10 supers via web for all offering it while xpressbet only does over the phone even at their own tracks (LS).

Bill

Steve 'StatMan'
04-25-2005, 09:08 PM
I tried the other day through YouBet, but no, or not the way I attempted anyway. The 'Other' amount still wasn't accepting anything outside of whole dollars.

On track at Hawthorne, the added a 50 cent increment on the ATM/Touch Screens - that was smart. No sense in having people people hit 'repeat' 5 times if they want 50 cents, and no sense getting people to think that they should limit themselves to only 10 cent combos.

BillW
04-26-2005, 12:12 AM
No sense in having people people hit 'repeat' 5 times if they want 50 cents, and no sense getting people to think that they should limit themselves to only 10 cent combos.

Anti-signer strategy for those thinking big :cool: .

freeneasy
04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Free,

You need to check with ubet Cust. Svc. as it is a function of the wagering outlet. For instance, AmericaTab takes $0.10 supers via web for all offering it while xpressbet only does over the phone even at their own tracks (LS).

Bill
see, that doesnt make any sense because your answer to my question was to simple for me to figure out, au au au why dont i call ubet and ask them, hey ya never know they just might know if in fact they do or do not accept the 10 cent supers. well let me say it before tom say's it "doyieeee" :D