PDA

View Full Version : Match Race Plus ...

toetoe
04-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Okay, Silent Witness versus Ghostzapper is intriguing. But let's get a decent-size field, with maybe $500,000 more thrown into the pot for every Grade-1 winner that runs. Pico Central, of course(of COURSE!), and the usual sausage-fillers. The point is that a match race is not much of a race. It should come down to the best steeds at the 1/16 pole, anyway. Fiddle with the purse, do whatever you must, but get a field of 8 or 10 for this thing.

Observer
04-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Silent Witness is a turf sprinter.

Ghostzapper only "rececently" proved he's a route horse after spending most of his career sprinting, when he was actually racing.

Maybe a route on turf would be a fair compromise?????
:confused: ;)

46zilzal
04-22-2005, 01:23 AM
saw Typecast-Convenience (fantastic) and Miss Musket-Chris Everett (which was a bust)...Both distaff affairs.

But then there are those match races, WITHIN races Alydar/Affirmed and Sunday Silence/Easy Goer...or a series I did not see Noor/Citation which are just as good if not better.

toetoe
04-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Good question. I'm guessing 6 1/2 turf down the hill, but maybe 2 turns. Who knows?

Tom
04-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Ruffian/Foolish Pleasure.:(

No more match races, thank you. Stupid idea that proves nothing.

racingrev
04-23-2005, 01:33 AM
The concept is interesting but a turf sprinter up against a dirt middle distance stayer...... :sleeping:

To quote my old mate Peter Gilligan who still calls races in Tasmania... The match race would have "As much chance as Boy George being asked to donate blood." ( He actually said that calling a race) :lol: :lol: :lol:

toetoe
04-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Rev,

No man is an island, but maybe yer mate should be. Did he mean he's too skinny, too doped up, AIDS- infected or what?

p.s. Do you call him 'Little Buddy?'