PDA

View Full Version : I guess the Boston Police don't agree with Suff....

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2005, 10:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-yankees-redsox-sheffieldscuff&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sheffield met Tuesday with officials from the baseball commissioner's office, and Boston police filed applications for misdemeanor criminal charges against the two fans -- one allegedly made contact with the outfielder as he attempted to get the ball near the right-field wall and the other tossed a beer at him.

And yes, I know the Yankees are tied for last place Suff...no need to bring that up here...you can start another post if you want to talk standings....

I personally think these two should be made an example of. It will serve as a deterrent for future morons who might think it's fun to flip a beer or interfere in some other way. Again, not singling out Boston fans here. There are plenty of ne'er-do-wells in the stands at Yankee Stadium most nights who ought to be taking notes.....

kingfin66
04-20-2005, 12:16 AM
The words I associate with this incident:

Fans wrong

No beer toss

Sheffield punk

Dead horse

Beating dead horse

Red Sox took right action

Let's move on

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Article was written today...not dead horse....ongoing story....moving on...

kingfin66
04-20-2005, 01:15 AM
The fact that the article was written today does not mean that the issue is not a dead horse. I'm surprised they're not going after Sheffield like they did with Jeff Nelson.

Still didn't see a brewski get tossed at him, but I'll be the first to admit that I am sight challenged.

BIG RED
04-20-2005, 08:40 AM
They pulled the guys season tickets for the year! He will be reveiwed for next year after this. The guy with the beer is prohibited from purchasing any tickets for the remainder of the year. Does this mean all the fenway personnel has a 'wanted' picture of him? :confused:

Valuist
04-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Why would Sheffield be charged? He didn't do anything.

Suff
04-20-2005, 09:47 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-yankees-redsox-sheffieldscuff&prov=ap&type=lgns

[QUOTE]And yes, I know the Yankees are tied for last place Suff...no need to bring that up here...you can start another post if you want to talk standings....
LoL... Goes to Motive your Honor. Admissable!

Your dying over there.. and Your just looking to drag us down. I don't blame you. I'd probably be doing the same thing were I in last place.

. There are plenty of ne'er-do-wells in the stands at Yankee Stadium most nights who ought to be taking notes.....

In the stands....???

Rangers | Police and Courts: Nelson Trial Set to Begin - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:15:30 -0700

Updating previous items, the Associated Press reports Texas Rangers RP Jeff Nelson is due to go on trial Tuesday, Oct. 26, in a case stemming from a 2003 brawl involving Nelson and free agent OF Karim Garcia, then both with the New York Yankees, with Paul Williams, a Fenway Park groundskeeper, during the 2003 ALCS. Nelson will stand trial on assault and battery charges, as . According to Williams, the brawl left him with a deviated septum, broken teeth, a neck injury and cleat marks on his body.

Red Sox | Police and Courts | Charges Dropped Against Groundskeeper - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:56:25 -0700

Updating previous items, the Associated Press reports prosecutors dropped charges against a Fenway Park groundskeeper Friday, Oct. 22, deciding there wasn't enough evidence in the case involving a brawl between Paul Williams and two former New York Yankees players during the 2003 ALCS. Williams had been charged in a cross-complaint started by Texas Rangers RP Jeff Nelson, who was with the Yankees for the 2003 season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Where you then? Nowhere that's where. And now you want the HIGH ROAD??

Motion Denied! Your Guilty! Of Duplicity..in the EXTREME!

12 Hours NO POSTS...and You must wear a Red SOx Jersey for 24 hours

DJofSD
04-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Just add a line the the lyrics: Wanted man in Boston!

http://www.ilyric.net/Lyrics/J/Johnny-Cash/Wanted-Man.html

DJofSD

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Suff,

a) old news
b) was not a fan in the stands, but an employee of Fenway....big difference....

Bubbles
04-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Geez PA. You and Suff in the same place at the same time in the Toga Party.

I'm selling tickets for this one...

PS: Wonder if that YankeeHater.com sticker Suff put on a post in the festival tent is still there from last year?

ElKabong
04-24-2005, 03:08 AM
According to Williams, the brawl left him with a deviated septum, broken teeth, a neck injury and cleat marks on his body.

Brian Bosworth knows how he feels...

props to the Saux mgmnt for how they handled the Sheffield/ fans matter.

kenwoodallpromos
04-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Is this the right thread to talk about every Boston violent action, or do we start many threads for that? I'm looking for info on the latest Bosox player unrest. It is monday, 2:30 PM, in case there will be anotther one today). ;)