PDA

View Full Version : spending his capital?

46zilzal
04-19-2005, 02:33 AM
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/printerfriend/index.asp?PID=557

betchatoo
04-19-2005, 07:22 AM
Isn't this a little late? The election's over and he's not going to run again. If people still feel this way in November '06 and change the leadership in Congress it will mean something. But that's a long way off and the public has great mood swings.

46zilzal
04-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Isn't this a little late?
Poll was done this week...a REAL popular guy he is

46zilzal
04-19-2005, 03:37 PM
and ALL that he hs done.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/18/opinion/polls/main689012.shtml

Bobby
04-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, its really not hard to SEE that the country is going in the wrong direction. Look out my window I see gas at $2.30, people with no jobs walking/riding bikes around, forests that have been clearcut, big trucks zooming by with too much exhaust, interstates that are too bumpy to ride on, reservists being called up for a war that has not only divided the nation, but really hurt the economy (e.g., gas prices).

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, its really not hard to SEE that the country is going in the wrong direction. Look out my window I see gas at $2.30, people with no jobs walking/riding bikes around, forests that have been clearcut, big trucks zooming by with too much exhaust, interstates that are too bumpy to ride on, reservists being called up for a war that has not only divided the nation, but really hurt the economy (e.g., gas prices).

People with no jobs walking/riding bikes? Where do you live?

If this is all you see wrong with the country, it ain't in such bad shape, IMO.

lsbets
04-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Bobby - unemployment is at 5.2%, considered to be low from a historical perspective. If you see unemployed people riding bikes and walking around, you should probably move. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say in the past you live in or near Philly? I don't think you've seen too many forests being clearcut. Stop drinking the cool aid.

Suff
04-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Bobby - unemployment is at 5.2%, .

How you doin? They hold your job for you? You back to work? How are you feeling? How are you adjusting?

Hope your adjusting and settling back into civilian life ok.

lsbets
04-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Suff, thanks for asking, I'm doing well. They have to hold my job for 90 days, and I plan on using all 90 of them before I go back to work. In the meantime I'm just enjoying the family, handicapping, and looking at some alternate business opportunites.

Settling in as a civilian is definatly an adjustment. The other day I told my 3 year old to "at ease" when he was getting loud. I am adjusting to driving in the States, but my wife says it is nervewracking being in a car with me, especially when I swerve to avoid things or start to push someone off the road(I've stopped everytime before actually pushing someone off).

Although the kids are great, after two diapers in a row the other morning I felt like I would prefer the roadside bombs in Iraq to the diaper bombs! :lol:

Bobby
04-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Suff, thanks for asking, I'm doing well. They have to hold my job for 90 days, and I plan on using all 90 of them before I go back to work. In the meantime I'm just enjoying the family, handicapping, and looking at some alternate business opportunites.

Settling in as a civilian is definatly an adjustment. The other day I told my 3 year old to "at ease" when he was getting loud. I am adjusting to driving in the States, but my wife says it is nervewracking being in a car with me, especially when I swerve to avoid things or start to push someone off the road(I've stopped everytime before actually pushing someone off).

Although the kids are great, after two diapers in a row the other morning I felt like I would prefer the roadside bombs in Iraq to the diaper bombs! :lol:

LS: I live in Hot Springs.

Question for you. Does the Army (or whatever branch ur in) allow you the opportunity to enroll in counseling for "adjustment" purposes? For example, if you need marriage counseling or "return to civilian life" counseling does the army allow it? Seems like a few come back from IRAQ & go postal.

lsbets
04-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Bobby,

Yes, every soldeir receives counseling before leaving theater, and is supposed to receive it when they get home (for rerservists, it is up to the individual to schedule, so not all will go). Also, the VA provides free counseling for a year for any reason, and documented combat stress is treated for life. THe military has come a long way in dealing with psychological issues related to combat, and now commanders are encouraged to ensure that their soldiers talk to someone when they need to. One of the most difficult things I had to do as a commander was sit down and talk to a soldier who is a firefighter as a civilian after the first time that he killed someone. Even though he did the right thing, it still felt wrong to him, which I saw as a good thing because it meant he was not losing his humanity.

In terms of your last sentance, I'm sure you meant no offense, but people from all walks of life "go postal" and it is not restricted to combat veterans. One of the things that really gets under my skin is the image that some have of returning veterans who go nuts once rejoining society. Sure its an adjustment, but its an adjustment the 99.9% make succesfully. I'm sure you would not want to be judged based on the most unstable 0.1% from Arkasnsas, would you?

Tom
04-21-2005, 02:01 PM
They call it going postal because people who never left home stated doing it so much. They never called it going "military!" :bang: