PDA

View Full Version : Reply to "Handicapping Spam"

Bob Purdy
04-28-2002, 01:52 PM
While I realize it can be irritating to receive SPAM and lots of other unwanted email, before posting remarks about individuals you "think" might be doing so, it might be wise to check with the source first.

This is directed at "andicap" who posted a thread saying that I sent him SPAM which I did not. Of course, in his eagerness to be recoginzed as a solid contributer to this board, he decided to slander my good name anyway.

The truth of the matter is that someone sent me an email (probably innocently) that contained a virus and/or WORM. That email was clever enough to break through both my firewall and automatic email virus protection software, get my email address list and forward the same email to everyone on it.

Synergism VI or it's earlier versions have been around for over 16 years. I use great care in my advertising policy and immediately remove any person who indicates that they do not wish to be on my mailing list.

Bob Purdy

Tom
04-28-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Bob Purdy

This is directed at "andicap" who posted a thread saying that I sent him SPAM which I did not. Of course, in his eagerness to be recoginzed as a solid contributer to this board, he decided to slander my good name anyway.

Bob Purdy

I hardly think that this accurately describe andicap who has been a solid contributor here for many years. And I think later posts clarified the real fact behind the email. Your good name suffered no harm by andi's comments. Your snide reply, however, speaks volumes.

Have a nice day.

anotherdave
04-28-2002, 07:16 PM
When I saw the reply, I assumed it would be an apology for forwarding (even inadvertantly) a virus.

AD

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2002, 09:40 PM
Andicap doesn't need to be recognized as a solid contributor to this board. It's already common knowledge amongst the regulars....and is it me or do people throw around the word libel and slander WAY too liberally these days???

==PA

ranchwest
04-28-2002, 09:49 PM
This is a litigious society. Just ask my ex-wife.

smf
04-28-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ranchwest

RW,
ROTFLMAO....Good one.

Count me in the corner of Andicap, here.

andicap
04-29-2002, 12:22 AM
I did do Bob a bit of a disservice. I did send him an apology via email after I discovered it was a virus and not him that sent me the spam, but I should have apologized on the board under my original note where everyone could have seen it.

Of course, I don't know Bob and the last thing I was thinking about was that it was a virus since I have never been attacked this way before -- I have escaped all the other famous worms.

The truth is people sell stuff: My hotmail email box is overloaded with spam -- some guy sent me 200 messages of the same spam. Now my regular mailbox is getting hit with all kinds of crap -- I got stuff from "Debbie" and "Cathy" and the like.

But I also get horse racing spam as well, so when I got the email I figured, 'what the hell, more of the same crap.'

I despise telemarketers at home and I have little patience for them over the Internet.

Tom
04-29-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ranchwest

In honor of Baribe's 50th aniversery, they have a new edition coming out - divorced Barbie - she comes with all of Ken's things!
~G~