Anyone bet Sweet Catomine on Saturday?

cj
04-18-2005, 01:22 PM
You going to try to get your money back if you did? :D

highnote
04-18-2005, 02:56 PM
You going to try to get your money back if you did? :D

Thanks for replying with a question. :)

If I thought there was a chance in hell I could get my money back, I would.

I did bet her. :( In fact, it was my biggest bet ever. When the race was over I figured I just made a mistake and that she wasn't that fast afterall. Then I moved on to the next race. Then when I heard what happened, I figured I would go on a "blog" and "letter to the editor" campaign.

Once again, the fans that help fund the sport are not respected.

I felt she was the fastest and fittest runner in the race, but I did have a little concern when I saw she wasn't being bet much in the place and show spots. I got the feeling that if she didn't win she'd run out of the money -- but I bet her anyway because it looked like value at the time. It's easy to see how wrong I was. It's always easier to see after the race is over.

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2005, 01:16 AM
It's amazing how two different people can come to completely opposite opinions on a horse race. This is what makes this game incredibly attractive day after day after day.....

takeout
04-19-2005, 02:22 AM
If I thought there was a chance in hell I could get my money back, I would.
That reminds me... didn’t some big bettor file a lawsuit over the fix six incident? Did anything ever come of that?

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2005, 02:25 AM
And whatever become of the fix-six movie that was supposed to have been done by HBO? Did that ever air?