PDA

View Full Version : Yankees management

cj
04-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Yes, I'm 37, have a pretty live arm, and can probably get as many out as Kevin Brown. But I'm not joining your rotation to take his place for only 1/2 his salary! Stop calling me!

Suff
04-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Kevin Brown.

6 runs on 7 hits through 3. Maybe they shoulda gave him $200 Million as well. ... :rolleyes: ..... :faint:

cj
04-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Yo, PA...a picture puzzle for ya!
http://www.awesometickets.net/Images/sports/mlb/orioles_logo.jpghttp://www.mylittleworld.co.uk/acatalog/Dustpan_and_broom.jpghttp://www.awesometickets.net/Images/sports/mlb/yankees_logo.jpg

JustRalph
04-17-2005, 04:32 PM
don't forget the 12 cross country flights on the Gulfstream Jet that Brown negotiated in his contract...........every year he gets 12 flights.

Suff
04-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Yo, PA...a picture puzzle for ya!
http://www.awesometickets.net/Images/sports/mlb/orioles_logo.jpghttp://www.mylittleworld.co.uk/acatalog/Dustpan_and_broom.jpghttp://www.awesometickets.net/Images/sports/mlb/yankees_logo.jpg

Craig

Isn't his Silence loud?

You know he saw it. Just can't bring himself to respond.

You know he's hurtin. And I suppose someone's gonna pay. I just hope it's Zilzal or LBj...and not me. But its 9/5 It'll be a democrat.

He can't take this Kind of torture for to much Longer. Most of them were determined to avenge last years choke, and the Sox's World Series Win with a FAST start. Thats Backfired. meanwhile, we have the Blue Jays this week and there is a STRONG Likelyhood the SOX will have the division lead by Wed.

ohhhh The pain.

BIG RED
04-17-2005, 11:18 PM
I happy for you cj, the Orioles have a good line-up and just may be there at the end. Where's the new thread PA starts, like YANKEES SWEPT, oops :lol:

cj
04-18-2005, 07:22 AM
This didn't take long!

"Enough is enough. I am bitterly disappointed, as I'm sure all Yankee fans are, by the lack of performance by our team," Steinbrenner said in a statement issued immediately after the game. "It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk. They are not playing like true Yankees. They have the talent to win and they are not winning. I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff and the team to turn this around."

Suff
04-18-2005, 04:56 PM
This didn't take long!

Marathon Monday! 11:00 AM slugfest at the FENS
Baltimore loses tonight and we Take the Division lead TONIGHT!!

AL Boxscore Toronto vs. Boston

Final 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Toronto 0 0 1 2 2 0 1 0 1 7 17 0
Boston « 1 4 4 0 0 2 1 0 x 12 15 2

W:C.Schilling(1-1) L:D.Bush(0-2)
HR: TOR- None BOS- M.Ramirez 2 (4)

btw.. Cetics Clinched the Atlantic Division title last night. Play Off Bound.

cj
04-18-2005, 05:01 PM
It's too early to take baseball seriously, especially with a suspect team like the O's. That said, anyone heard from PA? I'm worried about him, lots of tall buildings in NYC!

Classic match up in the Bronx tonight..."Battle for the Basement!" :lol:

Suff
04-18-2005, 05:03 PM
. That said, anyone heard from PA? I'm worried about him, lots of tall buildings in NYC!

Probably won't hear from him until Yankee's win three in a row. Early June I'd say.

Suff
04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Classic match up in the Bronx tonight..."Battle for the Basement!" :lol:

Oh man.. Thats Nasty! A stinger da Jour! Wish I'd a come up with it! :eek:

Storm Cadet
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
When we convene in Saratoga, you know the Yanks will be in 1st place! :cool:

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Dudes, didn't have time to read the board yesterday, sorry to disappoint you guys. I'm still alive and well and enjoying life as best I can!

Yankees got off to a similar slow start last year, in case you guys forgot. We of course finished the year comfortably atop the AL East.

Relax, like Suff said in another thread....just relax. I love it when you guys think the season ends in May....LOL

cj
04-19-2005, 07:56 AM
PA,

You have to take your shots when you can. Being an O's fan, who knows when that will happen again!

ps...Did you solve the puzzle? :D

Valuist
04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
They should never have forced George Costanza out.

cj
04-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Maybe Costanza would break out those cotton uniforms for tonight's game as the Yanks try to avoid becoming the first AL team with double digit losses.

Big Bill
04-20-2005, 12:33 PM
In case you missed it, Jay Leno had this to say:

There’s talk that Steinbrenner may be looking for a new manager. And there may be something to that - today, he was spotted putting up a stove pipe chimney on the roof of Yankee Stadium.

Big Bill

GeTydOn
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Some of these Yankee-bashers wish the season ends in May cuz the only time they can get their shots in is when the Yanks get off to a slow start.

Enjoy this fleeting moment. It won't last.

cj
04-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Enjoy this fleeting moment. It won't last.

It has lasted close to 5 years now. With that payroll, anything short of winning it all is worth a shot.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2005, 04:31 PM
It has lasted close to 5 years now. With that payroll, anything short of winning it all is worth a shot.

Whatever.

cj
04-20-2005, 04:32 PM
OK PA, with that payroll, how often should they win it all?

Before answering, take a look at this link please!

http://www.onestopbaseball.com/TeamPayroll.asp

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Which team has the most # of wins over the last five years in MLB?

cj
04-20-2005, 04:38 PM
As they should, they pay WAY MORE money than anyone else. But, as you well know, noone cares how many regular season games you win. Noone cares if you make the playoffs and lose. And noone cares if you lose the World Series.

With the ridiculous unlevel playing field the Yankees now enjoy, they should win damn near every year. If I was Steinbrenner, I'd be really, really pissed by now.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Now what fun would it be if the Yankees won the World Series every year? Sheesh....

Suff
04-20-2005, 04:49 PM
ARE THEY TRUE YANKEES?
A True Yankee Not a True Yankee

Ed Whitson. Compiled impressive career 15-10 record while a Yankee. And following the footsteps of Reggie Jackson, got into a fight with manager Billy Martin.

Steve Balboni. A true Yankee should be beloved by the fans and have a great nickname, like "Bye-Bye."

Howard Spira. A true Yankee does whatever The Boss asks, even if it involves illegal activities.

Karim Garcia and Jeff Nelson. Earned their true Yankee stripes by beating up a Red Sox groundskeeper.

Jeffrey Maier. Proves that a true Yankee will do anything to win, even if it means getting your season ticket revoked.

Darryl Strawberry and Tim Raines. You can be a true Yankee if you've overcome a drug addiction – if you win.

Don Mattingly. The ultimate Yankee loser. Never played in the World Series or even won a postseason series.

Babe Ruth. Won four World Series in 15 years with Yanks, but three in six years with Red Sox. Obviously peaked in Boston.

Dave Winfield. Mr. May.

David Wells. Yankees fans love this guy. The same guy who asked out of Game 5 of a World Series start! After one inning! With the Series tied 2 games apiece!

Bernie Williams. A true Yankee would be able to throw the ball from center field to the cutoff man.

Paul O'Neill. Yankees fans and biographers love to rave about the Yankees' professionalism on and off the field. You know, like kicking Gatorade coolers and yelling at umpires or practicing your swing while playing right field.

Tino Martinez. You know how many sacrifice bunts he has had in his Yankees career? One. Plus, he sulked when benched in the '96 Series.

Don Zimmer. A true Yankee does not rip The Boss, quit the team, then go work for the Devil Rays.

Kevin Brown. Getting beat up by the Red Sox in Game 7 of the ALCS means you're "human filth" to Yankees fans.

Billy Crystal. Showed his true Yankee loyalty by wearing a Mets cap in "City Slickers."

Roger Maris. Yankees fans can't claim him now. They were rooting against him when he chased The Babe's record in 1961.

Derek Jeter. Hit .148 in 2001 World Series. Hit .200 in 2004 ALCS. And no titles since he became captain in 2003.

Alex Rodriguez. Doing anything to win might mean moving to a new position, but not slapping the ball away from Bronson Arroyo.

Mike Kekich and Fritz Peterson. You can't be a true Yankee if you've traded wives and children with a teammate.

2001-2005 Yankees. If you played for the Yankees during this era, you're probably not a true Yankee, because you're just a bunch of overpaid bums.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Are you seriously talking smack a few weeks into the season? Whatever gets you off, I guess.

You can't fake 26 world championships, I can tell you that.

And you can take this to the bank:

You'll NEVER have that! LOL

Suff
04-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Are you seriously talking smack a few weeks into the season? Whatever gets you off, I guess.

You can't fake 26 world championships, I can tell you that.

And you can take this to the bank:

You'll NEVER have that! LOL

I picked that up over at ESPN... File your motion with the appropiate Court.

Until then.. MOTION DENIED

Red Sox Still World Champs

cj
04-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Looks like Kevin Brown has another gem underway.

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Are you guys going to comment every time the Yankees lose and/or are losing? Nothing about their two wins against Toronto.....interesting....

cj
04-23-2005, 03:46 AM
No, just Kevin Brown. A guy getting paid that type money that keeps getting shelled is worth a comment.

Storm Cadet
04-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Cats sleeping with dogs...tidal waves all over the place...earthquakes...The O's and Bosox atop the American League ;)

Enjoy it while you can boys!!!!

Bubbles
04-23-2005, 11:49 AM
No, just Kevin Brown. A guy getting paid that type money that keeps getting shelled is worth a comment.

OK, over/under on the length of time before his inevitable physical breakdown: 1 month. :p

cj
04-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Did Kevin Brown pitch again today?

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, just couldn't resist! Go O's!

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Yup, some pretty piss poor pitching lately...something needs to be done....

BIG RED
04-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Now that sounds like PA panicking 'so early in the season' ;)

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Panicking? You bet bud! I just purchased a Red Sox cap and jersey from MLB.Com. It should be here by the end of the week....

Suff
04-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Panicking? You bet bud! I just purchased a Red Sox cap and jersey from MLB.Com. It should be here by the end of the week....

PRINTING AND FRAMING THAT POST.

BIG RED
04-23-2005, 09:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that shows you have a good sense of humor!

BIG RED
04-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Bad loss for Sox tonight in more ways than one. :(

But I won't be buying Skankee anything, hehe