PDA

View Full Version : New Horse Racing Site

lurker
04-17-2005, 01:43 PM
I just found a new (to me at least) site www.theyareatthepost.com. It appears that John Pricci is writing for the site along with some other well known names.

BillW
04-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Lurker,
I've been around horseracing for awhile now and haven't heard of any of these guys. Where are they from?

Bill

Suff
04-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Lurker,
I've been around horseracing for awhile now and haven't heard of any of these guys. Where are they from?

Bill

Sing-Sing, Attica and Pelican Bay.

lurker
04-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Pricci used to write for Newsday and still writes for the NY Daily news. He used to host an OTB show in the Saratoga area. Brian Mulligan writes in DRF as "Sweeps" and writes some of the " Closer Looks" comments. Bob Ike is a public handicapper and columnist for the LA Daily news group. Bruno DeJulio writes for Today's Racing Digest and does seminars in SOCAL. Dempsey used to work for trackmaster and currently has a horse radio show in VA. Marc Skale took over for Marty Dermer doing handicapping for some SOCAL tracks. Scott Quinn currently posts on this board and runs a site called Equine Investor.com
Not a bad group. Different than the usual " I had every winner last night blah blah blah". Hopefully they will offer some different insights.

lurker
04-19-2005, 01:49 PM
I guess that I am the only one who likes this site. Oh well.....

46zilzal
04-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Lurker,
Bill

Intelligence isn't limited to popularity now is it?

Suff
04-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Actually, I've met Brian Mulligan a Few times. Brain Pochman who also writes Closer look for DRF, introduced me to him. Nice Kid. And very sharp.

Who remembers in 2003 when they sat beside us at Saratoga and there was a little sumthin sumthin that we almost got dragged into, just after the last race. It was one of Mulligans Buddys. Everybody was smashed so it was nothing really.. but a few things , like two liter bottles, were tossed around for a minute or three... :bang: :jump:

Figman
04-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Suff,
I don't know Brian Mulligan but Brian Pochman is one good guy and handicapper and does he ever know thoroughbred bloodlines. He is outstanding at SIRO's during the Saratoga season with Harvey Pack. Brian completely lacks the "wise-guy" attitude so many others have. Brian Pochman is also the type of enthusiastic guy that the industry should showcase on a national media level.

Suff
04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Suff,
I don't know Brian Mulligan but Brian Pochman is one good guy and handicapper and does he ever know thoroughbred bloodlines. .

You are right. Mr Pochman is a Gentlemen's Gentleman. A class act, easy to talk to, and a real passion for Horse's. Must be something in the water in the Captial City Region. It kicks out some really nice people & superb handicappers.

andicap
04-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Pochman isn't at the site --