PDA

View Full Version : Current Economic Conditions Question (political)

ljb
04-17-2005, 01:07 PM
With the stock market tanking and inflation raising it's ugly head and real incomes declining, what do you think the Bush government will do?
A couple of thoughts come to mind: Give another tax break to the rich and famous or start another war.
Anyone else got any "good" ideas?

DJofSD
04-17-2005, 03:21 PM
While waiting for an answer, read this: http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4091

DJofSD

ljb
04-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Not sure but a brief cursory exam of the link seems to suggest another war.

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2005, 04:13 PM
With the stock market tanking and inflation raising it's ugly head and real incomes declining, what do you think the Bush government will do?

Why do they have to do anything?

Kreed
04-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Maybe the consumer is tapped out. And all the other "bad" things mentioned,
few jobs, high gas prices, higher interest rates, lousy export #s, high credit
card debt + re-financing of homes ... yes, BUSH might try a few things, none
of which should be with the stock market directly.

Secretariat
04-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Good question LJB. What will they do? PA states why should they do anything. I think the plan to solve the economy in their minds is simple. A constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. That should solve it.

JustRalph
04-17-2005, 07:00 PM
how about a 20 dollar bounty on Libs who post just to try and start another circle jerk amongst themselves...........

That ought to prop up the economy pretty well.............a massive influx of money into the economy

Tom
04-17-2005, 07:01 PM
I'll tell you what, the majority of the people in this country have a long way to go before they can say they are hurting. I am always po'd when I see some using food stamps at a supermarket and they go out and put their bags into a big SUV.

JustRalph
04-17-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll tell you what, the majority of the people in this country have a long way to go before they can say they are hurting. I am always po'd when I see some using food stamps at a supermarket and they go out and put their bags into a big SUV.

Tom

When I worked at an Internet company in California we had a WIC (http://www.wicworks.ca.gov/) store below us. My boss used to take pictures of the people showing up for the free groceries. His favorites were the ones who would show up and load the free groceries into their new SUV's with temp tags.........straight from the dealer. Often the grocery recipients would stand outside and compare their new chrome wheels and stereo systems while the wife or significant other fetched the vittles. It was interesting to say the least.

ljb
04-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Yes Tom,
What used to really piss me off back in the old days was watching the food stamp user put their groceries in a Honda.

ljb
04-17-2005, 08:35 PM
how about a 20 dollar bounty on Libs who post just to try and start another circle jerk amongst themselves...........

That ought to prop up the economy pretty well.............a massive influx of money into the economy
Jr,
Just because I ask a question that you have no answer to doesn't mean you have to get smart a$$ about it. If you have no answer just pass the question.
ps I was the first to use circle jerk here, i was critizised for it's use. Now I am considering assessing a fee. What do you think?
Sec,
Good reply I had never thought of that. That is what this board needs more meaningful discussion.

kenwoodallpromos
04-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Drill in Alaska.

Lefty
04-17-2005, 11:32 PM
On Sat the church I walk by in way to racebook gives free food. You can always tell what day it is cause before i get there I see stuff laying on the ground. Thse idiots throw away good food cause it's not exactly what they want. And then when I get that far and see people going in, most of them have cell phones. Same thing at the grocery store: Most of the people that have foodstamps and welfare chits have cellphones. Guess that's more important than paying for their own food.

Lefty
04-17-2005, 11:33 PM
The stockmarket constantly fluctuates. Don'yt panic over a mild drop. You see, libs, the sky is not falling. Let's say it together:"The sky is not falling."

NoDayJob
04-18-2005, 12:34 AM
With the stock market tanking and inflation raising it's ugly head and real incomes declining,
Anyone else got any "good" ideas?

:lol: Yeah, pay off all your debts, sell all your stocks and get into cash and short term treasuries. Wait for gold to get below $200.00/oz. and start buying it. Sell your house and rent until real estate goes down. If cash is good enough for the Oracle of Omaha and A. Greenspan you'd best pay attention. :lol:

NDJ

Secretariat
04-18-2005, 03:38 AM
The stockmarket constantly fluctuates. Don'yt panic over a mild drop. You see, libs, the sky is not falling. Let's say it together:"The sky is not falling."

Is that an Enron quote? or just what they told Chicken Little?

ljb
04-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Why do they have to do anything?
Mid terms

ljb
04-18-2005, 08:20 AM
:lol: Yeah, pay off all your debts, sell all your stocks and get into cash and short term treasuries. Wait for gold to get below $200.00/oz. and start buying it. Sell your house and rent until real estate goes down. If cash is good enough for the Oracle of Omaha and A. Greenspan you'd best pay attention. :lol:

NDJ

ndj,
you have parsed my original note. This results in a reply not really dealing with the original question. But thanks for the effort anyways.

Lefty
04-18-2005, 11:46 AM
sec, it might have been an Enron quote when they applied to the Bush adm for help and it was refused. And then again when the Bush adm started prosecuting them.
But mostly it's the way you libs act, searching every nook and cranny for a sliver of bad news to report. The antacid cos. must be doing great cause most of you must have really sour stomachs to go along with that sour outlook on life.
So, let's say it together: "The Sky is not falling."

ljb
04-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Lefty,
You seem to have gone off track here with your cute little phrase. Is that something Hannity told you to say? I heard they were using rote repetion as a teaching process on faux.

Lefty
04-18-2005, 07:14 PM
lbj, unlike you, I can think for myself. Maybe with your bad memory you don't remember chicken little. Too bad you can't come up with things like this on your own.

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Now we have Romper Room in off-topic. At least things are improving.

Which one of you little boys needs his "blankie" now?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sleeping: :sleeping: