PDA

View Full Version : Pointers on handicapping Trainers Please

bobhilo
04-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Aloha all...

read some posts by ed bain and went to his site...got me interested in trainer 'capping
what are some ways to assemble data?
are there any websites that give out free data on trainer moves....$120 bucks a month is steep for trainer data(ed bain and HDW service)

read bob selvins stuff on female trainers here the other day

is there a way to get more info from past posts about trainers on this board?

any info on getting started trainer 'capping would be appreciated
I see some trainer data on bris ultimate pps but it is vague

is there a reliable cheaper service that tracks trainer moves out there in webby land?

thanks

garyoz
04-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Check out Formulator 4.0 from DRF. Allows detailed breakouts of trainer statistics.

headhawg
04-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately, these aren't cheap either but you could lookat Jim Mazur's material at www.proghandicap.com. If you play Woodbine, there are free downloads for that track. I think that WO track management pays Jim to post the trainer move stats on the site, I'm guessing as an extra incentive to bet your money there. They used to do the same thing for Monmouth I believe, and I wish other tracks would do it as well.

No free lunch, I guess...

bobhilo
04-17-2005, 06:53 PM
thanks head hog...I did stumble on some stuff by putting trainer moves into PA search....

Late last nite I did get to mazur's site...some bombs were gettable using mazur's stats at woodbine...I will keep looking at woodbine free stats....(thanks for the tip)

FREE seems like a good deal....yuk yuk yuk chuckle snortle snortle

I just use Bris Ultimte PPs the trainer data is so so

I used to use sartin's synthesis then noticed bris free pps work about as well...

if you keep records you see which bris summary factors work(at least the top 3 or 4 point to most winners)

doc sartin used to say hide the favorites to get the double digit payoffs(most programs get the winner in the top 4) why not use free data from bris?

thanks again