PDA

View Full Version : Open For Business

CryingForTheHorses
04-16-2005, 06:24 AM
Just wanted you guys to know that I have gotten some stalls beside Calder at the small training center,You rent these by the month. Calder allows us the use of both tracks.I also paid the 3k for workmans comp, I have my 2yo filly SAUCY BRITCHES shipping in today from Ocala. She has 120 days of training and is also walking in the gate.This is a nice filly guys and I hope she makes us proud.I also have a couple of guys that want me to be their trainer, Hopefully Ill be able to make a impact and show you my stuff.Ill be taking my trainers licence out very soon. Please wish me luck!!

BillW
04-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Best of luck and hope you kick some butt!.

Bill

betchatoo
04-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Good luck and good racing!

Zaf
04-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Good Luck Tom,

She looks like a very nice horse from the picture you sent me !

ZAFONIC

Tom
04-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Good luck, Tom. May your horse outrun his vet bills!:D

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Just wanted you guys to know that I have gotten some stalls beside Calder at the small training center,You rent these by the month. Calder allows us the use of both tracks.

Congrats Tom! I hope to see you in the winners' circle real soon!

BIG RED
04-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Good luck and keep us updated.

cj
04-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Good luck Tom, if I ever settle in Florida, I'll send you a horse!

Suff
04-16-2005, 01:00 PM
I have my 2yo filly SAUCY BRITCHES shipping in today from Ocala. Please wish me luck!!

Good Luck. Is Your Filly Registered with The Jockey Club yet? I could'nt locate her?

I looked a little at her Pedigree. May Like the Lawn.

kenwoodallpromos
04-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Best news I have heard for awhile!
I know you train them well and get them ready. I believe Calder is a consistent track.
How does the training track depth compare to Calder's? Are you trying to give training to her on both firm and soft tracks? Is that the 1/2 mile track with the horse swimming pool?

CryingForTheHorses
04-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Good Luck. Is Your Filly Registered with The Jockey Club yet? I could'nt locate her?

I looked a little at her Pedigree. May Like the Lawn.

Yes she is registered and Named Saucy Britches,Have her named foal papers in my desk.Thanks guys,I hope I dont dissapoint anyone. One thing about me, I will only run them whenthey are ready and right where they belong.She shipped in from Ocal today and arriver in great order. Time will tell what is in store for her.
Here is a pic taken today after her arrival here.
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/McSchell/265379picture.jpg

Suff
04-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Yes she is registered and Named Saucy Britches,Have her named foal papers in my desk.Thanks guys,I hope I dont dissapoint anyone. e.
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/McSchell/265379picture.jpg

Is that some sort of HAY NET on the wall there? behind her on the right?

3 hooks on the Webbing , plus a neck high chain, makes for tough entry with a feed bucket.

You can tell its Florida. No Doors on the Stalls.

CryingForTheHorses
04-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Is that some sort of HAY NET on the wall there? behind her on the right?

3 hooks on the Webbing , plus a neck high chain, makes for tough entry with a feed bucket.

You can tell its Florida. No Doors on the Stalls.

On the right of her against the wall is a full screen,I close that when Im not there,Dont want anyone hitting her for some unknown reason,or maybe a loose horse running in the shed when Im not there A little added security. Remember this Suff, You have to protect your interests whether it be your own or someone elses. You undo them snaps to get in her stall.Those are made of rubber.

Bruddah
04-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Wishing you and your dreams succesfull conclusions. Always keep hopes and dreams alive. :)

Suff
04-17-2005, 09:00 PM
ou have to protect your interests whether it be your own or someone elses. You undo them snaps to get in her stall.Those are made of rubber.

Lol... yea I know. Never seen webbing with three hooks...only two, and never seen a three hooked webbing with a Neck High chain. When you have 40 horses to feed.....makes for a long afternoon.

Still not sure what that Screen is? Is that a Tack room on the other side of it?

hurrikane
04-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Hey hey! Congrats guy! I wish you the best. It's a tough game and I hope you make it. Always like a success story.

Let us know when she is heading for the gate...I'll try not to bet her down too much..

JPinMaryland
04-18-2005, 12:41 AM
congratulations! And best of luck..

CryingForTheHorses
04-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Lol... yea I know. Never seen webbing with three hooks...only two, and never seen a three hooked webbing with a Neck High chain. When you have 40 horses to feed.....makes for a long afternoon.

Still not sure what that Screen is? Is that a Tack room on the other side of it?

No Suff, Her friend lives on the other side of that wall! Seems to like it here,Been here 2 days and BOTH days have been on the main track! Check out the pic!!
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/McSchell/279969picture.jpg

Zaf
04-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Cool Picture Tom !!!

ZAFONIC

Steve 'StatMan'
04-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Great News and Great Pictures Tom! Best Of Luck!

AQUEBUCKS
04-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Good Luck! Hope you enjoy immediate success!
PS.

Don't forget to use Eddie Castro...

Aquebucks

TJC
04-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Good Luck - - but you probably won't need much if you remember what you learned from working for Andy Smithers.

CryingForTheHorses
04-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Good Luck - - but you probably won't need much if you remember what you learned from working for Andy Smithers.

Wow what a small world!!
If you research my posts I have mentioned him and some of his training traits, I also preach "old school" methods, Andy was my "Hero".I galloped "Freelance" for him and Laurie at Greenwood Racetrack just before he died,Worked for him for several years.. Funny thing is , I learned the trade from him,going to Florida at age 16, Had to go to the Broward County School Board to get work papers!! and then 15 years later he calls me and asks if I wanted to lose a horse I had running as he had a owner that wanted him..How do you know him? Thanks for all the wishes

TJC
04-23-2005, 12:05 PM
I am originally from Buffalo, N.Y. I spent my early years betting on Andy Smithers' horses at Fort Erie racetrack. Always thought he was the best trainer in Canada at that time.

Wishing you GOOD LUCK again.

Tom C.

socantra
04-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I just wanted to add my congratulations and best wishes to the long line already here. Its good to see you making your move.

socantra...

mjdevita
04-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Tom,

Good Luck! and You know we have at least a few with you REAL soon...I hope to help you open up some eyes in Sunny Florida!!

Mike