PDA

View Full Version : Blue Grass Opinions

classhandicapper
04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I make Consolidator, High Limit, and Sun King relatively close with Bandini just behind them and Closing Argument not far behind that.

Even though I think this is by far the highest "quality" prep race so far, I think if you try hard enough you can knock every one of these horses.

Consolidator's big win last out came on a rolled wet fast track that seemed to be kind to speed.

High Limit has yet to demonstrate he can rate or run a route after battling with high quality horses instead of getting a loose or easy lead.

Sun King almost has to be better than his last, but it was a slow race.

Bandini has had foot problems and is a bit slower than the others so far.

Closing Argument also had some problems and is coming into this off a 2 month layoff.

frankfig
04-14-2005, 09:43 PM
High Limit will win on saturday. Dont sell this horse short people. He is a big time runner. I can hear it now " high limit won over a speed favoring kee track and still has alot to prove"

Buddha
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
High Limit has yet to demonstrate he can rate or run a route after battling with high quality horses instead of getting a loose or easy lead.

He hasnt shown that he cant rate :D

In seriousness though, he has seen the lead in all 3 races, and but that lead has been a "slow" lead, as in the pace fig is slower than the final race fig. He may or may not need the lead. From a quick glance at the Bluegrass, he appears to be a legitimate contender, and IMO the probable winner.

kingfin66
04-14-2005, 10:04 PM
I hope that Sun King, High Limit and Bandini get hammered in the betting. Then I will Consolidate my bets into a single win wager ;)

depalma13
04-15-2005, 06:43 AM
High Limit will win on saturday. Dont sell this horse short people. He is a big time runner. I can hear it now " high limit won over a speed favoring kee track and still has alot to prove"

Frankel has already said they are going to try and rate him this weekend. To see if he can do it.

TOOZ
04-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Zito and his Murderer's Row, or Murderer's string, will continue to be the biggest story in racing this weekend, the first Saturday in May, and will be the biggest story in racing at year's end.

46zilzal
04-15-2005, 12:18 PM
The ones who make the next step can run in sustained fashion and High Limit's last this one ran LATE, hardly the sign of an animal (especially a baby) not being able to rate.

classhandicapper
04-15-2005, 04:33 PM
By rate I didn't mean run slow on the lead. I meant run slow behind horses and still be as effective. It's clear he can be slowed down once he gets the lead.

grahors
04-16-2005, 07:50 AM
I will make one "Closing Argument"(1). High Limit off the board.....
Closing Arg/Consolidator,Mr.Sword
IMO
Grahors

LutherCalvin
04-16-2005, 09:04 AM
I like the son of Charismatic, Sun King, to put in a big effort. The Blue Grass is loaded with speed and "Evis" can be rated. Zito is on a roll!!!

Valuist
04-25-2005, 12:22 PM
I see T-Graph gave Bandini a negative 3. That's pretty impressive. Obviously being wide on both turns played a big role in that but its very possible its legit. On paper, I felt the Blue Grass was the toughest, deepest prep, and I haven't changed my opinion. Blue Grass winners often get ripped because their poor performance in the Derby, but most of those winners were done in wire to wire fashion over an inside biased track. Let's not forget that Thunder Gulch, Unbridled and Alysheba all ran in the Blue Grass.

Tuffmug
05-02-2005, 02:18 AM
I smell a betting coup! D Wayne just ran Consolidator around the track in the Blue Grass to get him a little exercise and increase his odds in the Derby. Bejarano was a statue and never let him run. This race was a public workout for Consolidator and nothing more.
Lukas has done this with all his past winners. He doesn't want to win the highly competitive preps and lose his horse's best race by winning it, he wants his horses to peak on the first saturday in May! His horses are always a good price because the public becomes obsessed with the prep race winners and overbet them heavily.

Everybody is talking about Spanish Chestnut as the "rabbit". But D Wayne has the real "rabbit" with Going Wild. Spanish Chestnut is a slug compared to Going Wild. Going Wild will shell and toast that "Chestnut" along with High Limit and Bellamy Road with a perfectly wicked early pace to set up a stalking Consolidator to win at 30-1!

depalma13
05-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Bellamy Road has already shown that Going Wild doesn't have the speed to run with him.

Bobby
05-02-2005, 11:08 AM
cONSOLIDATOR out of derby with injury per Thoroughbred times

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=54456&subsec=2