PDA

View Full Version : Pace Figs

tabbencas
04-14-2005, 04:21 PM
This may be a dumd question but like I said earlier I m new at this so be easy on me.Do most of you guys purchase pace figures from sources like trackmaster or do you make your own.I guess what I m asking is how reliable are other sources.Thanks for any help you can give me. Gary

Speed Figure
04-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Anything you want to know about run a search and tons of things will come up. Here's what came up for pace figs. http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=55954

tabbencas
04-15-2005, 10:00 AM
I understand that they are available but what I m wondering is do most of the people here purchase these figures or do they make their own.

stuball
04-15-2005, 10:22 AM
CHECK OUT PACEFIGURES.COM EXCELLENT PROGRAM REASONABLE PRICE
MOST IMPORTANT --NUMBERS VERY GOOD

STUBALL

headhawg
04-15-2005, 10:33 AM
I understand that they are available but what I m wondering is do most of the people here purchase these figures or do they make their own.

tabbencas,

I think that the very best pace people probably make their own figures. While I understand the concepts pretty well, I have little time and no desire to make my own, and that may be true for a lot of handicappers including yourself. So I think most use commercial figs e.g. Bris or purchase software that will create the figures. I agree with stu that cj's program produces excellent numbers and that is what I use.

HH

Zaf
04-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey Tabbencas,

CJ's numbers number are posted on his site. Take a look , excellent numbers. Program is not expensive and easy to use !!

www.pacefigures.com

ZAFONIC

46zilzal
04-15-2005, 11:16 AM
As much as I hate to recommend it, to really understand them, it is BEST to go through a period of making them (pace numbers) yourself to understand better how they work and when they don't work so well. As you progress, doing more races, you may decide to trust a service (there are many good ones) as you exapnd your understading. Thre is NO wone way to gain the expereince necessary to become competent.

sjk
04-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Some of us out here are making our own pace figures. Since I have never used the commercially available figures I cannot say whether mine are better or worse but they are effective for me.

As you make the figures there are some choices as to method that have to be made so there are probably no two sets of figures that are made exactly the same way.