PDA

View Full Version : Two computer questions

andicap
04-14-2005, 12:39 PM
1. In Win XP Pro, is there a directory where my Outlook Express messages are stored on my hard drive? Couldn't find them.

2. As you can see I can only type in bold. I want to change my template back to regular type, 12 point, Times New Roman as it used to be. Tried to do this in Word but couldn't figure out how.
Is this a matter of changing my normal.dot file? Anyone know how to get rid of the bold type in my word processing template?

ceejay
04-14-2005, 01:22 PM
1. Go to tools-options, then the maintenance tab and click the "store folder" button.

2. ???

kitts
04-14-2005, 01:24 PM
In MS Word 2000 you can change fonts, etc by clicking Format. Or you can click on Courier (it might be visible in a tiny window on top) and change things in those tiny windows. If all else fails "format" works fine.

No advise on changing the Boldness in Outlook. It is very simple in Netscape, just find the icon letter a that is bold and click it.

Dave Schwartz
04-14-2005, 01:34 PM
2. As you can see I can only type in bold. I want to change my template back to regular type, 12 point, Times New Roman as it used to be. Tried to do this in Word but couldn't figure out how.

How would we see that?

Are you saying that it appears in bold on THIS page?

If so, I do not see your type in bold. That is a browser setting, most likely.

Dave

Buddha
04-14-2005, 01:51 PM
1. In Win XP Pro, is there a directory where my Outlook Express messages are stored on my hard drive? Couldn't find them.

For this one, if it is the folder that contains the .dbx files that has your outlook emails, it is

C:\Documents and Settings\"Your User Name"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{"bunch of numbers and letters"}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

You have to make sure you can view system files and folders.

Is this a matter of changing my normal.dot file? Anyone know how to get rid of the bold type in my word processing template?

not sure what you mean here.

andicap
04-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the OE advice...

On No. 2,

I guess it only appears bold to me -- like "Harvey." :D

Wonder if the "bold" print in my Word processor appears normal to those on the receiving end when I email docs?

Problem was it was printing out that way and I'm trying to save ink. I think I fixed it tho by creating a new Word Template in "plain text" as "Times New Roman," 12 pt as its default. Before, Times New Roman in 12 pt. appeared as bold type -- I couldn't reformat it -- and printed that way.

gillenr
04-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I have not been able to permanently change my "normal.dot" by deleting all occurences of it & saving an existing word doc as "normal.dot". What am I doing wrong? "office 2003".
Thanks.