PDA

View Full Version : Your either with us or Against Us

hcap
04-11-2005, 07:18 AM
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/world/3127742

BAGHDAD, IRAQ - Iraq's new president called Sunday for extending amnesty to Iraqi insurgents who had killed combatants, possibly including U.S. and Iraqi troops, as part of a drive that he said could help end attacks within months.

A new Bush Doctrine?

Secretariat
04-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Interesting posts. I thought we didn't deal with terrorists. I wll be interested in Bush's response to this.

Lefty
04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
hcap, sec, no matter how Bush addresses this, the both of you will roundly criticize him.

PaceAdvantage
04-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Interesting posts. I thought we didn't deal with terrorists.

What's with the "we?"

Unless I read this wrong, these are the words of the new IRAQI government, not our own (of course, you guys see them both as one and the same....LOL)

ljb
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
hcap, sec, no matter how Bush addresses this, the both of you will roundly criticize him.
And you will, of course, support him.

Secretariat
04-11-2005, 06:40 PM
What's with the "we?"

Unless I read this wrong, these are the words of the new IRAQI government, not our own (of course, you guys see them both as one and the same....LOL)

LOL...who do you think is paying for the Iraqi government to exist? THe new Iraqi government is pretty much being propped up with american dollars for now. If these are the words of the New Iraqi government, then why are we supporting a government with cash that makes deals with terrorists? I thought you were either with us or against us?

Lefty
04-11-2005, 07:01 PM
lbj, absolutely i'll support him. He's done something that no other Pres. in history has done. Two(count em)Democracies in the Middle East.

ljb
04-11-2005, 09:08 PM
lbj, absolutely i'll support him. He's done something that no other Pres. in history has done. Two(count em)Democracies in the Middle East.
Well I guess some would call then colonies but if you are more comfortable with democracies you just go ahead and believe it.
:D

Tom
04-11-2005, 10:29 PM
LEMMING ALERT!

LEMMING ALERT!

Posts #1 and #2.....futher examples of narrow, lemming thought processes!
Even through my IGNORE button! :lol: I can see it.

Lefty
04-11-2005, 11:30 PM
lbj, FYI, when the people are allowed to vote for anyone they want it's called a democracy. But then, how would you know?

hcap
04-12-2005, 07:33 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/11/wirq11.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/04/11/ixnewstop.html

Saddam may escape noose in deal to halt insurgency
By Adrian Blomfield in Baghdad
(Filed: 11/04/2005)

..Saddam Hussein could avoid the gallows under a secret proposal by insurgent leaders that Iraq's new administration is "seriously considering", a senior government source said yesterday.

Maybe another deal is in the works?
Remember Osama dead or alive?
Do cowboys make deals?

Equineer
04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Hcap,

Cynical Washington pundits are already proposing the Goldstein Theory to explain why bin Laden, Hussein, and al-Zarqawi must be allowed to survive in order to support the neo-con agenda.

hcap
04-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Let's use the waybackmachine.

Another deal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden

1-Bin Laden's main stated goal while the US had military bases in Saudi Arabia was to get the US military bases out of Saudi Arabia.

2-U.S. to move operations from Saudi base
Tuesday, April 29, 2003 Posted: 7:08 PM EDT (2308 GMT)
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (CNN) --The large U.S. military presence at Saudi Arabia's Prince Sultan Air Base is expected to end in the coming months, depending on the security situation in Iraq, U.S. officials told CNN on Tuesday.

The decision to move significant U.S. military resources and personnel to neighboring Qatar marks a major shift in U.S. policy in the Persian Gulf region after a longtime presence in Saudi Arabia, currently at about 5,000 troops.

More than 100 aircraft and the U.S. Combined Air Operations Center at the base are expected to make the move, and some of those aircraft could be permanently reassigned to the United States, officials said.

The center will be moved to Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, part of the post-war U.S. military presence in the Persian Gulf, military sources have told CNN.

3-
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/prince-sultan.htm

U.S. officials transferred control of portions of Prince Sultan Air Base to Saudi officials at a ceremony on Aug. 26, 2003. The U.S. pullout was scheduled to be completed then early September 2003.

So looks like Osama won.
Maybe the deal was "Now lookie here Osama, we will pull out you don't attack us again, and you can do what you want. Oh yeah we'll move our guys to Iraq."

Inquiring minds want to know.

More importantly, does anyone accept the stories from these guys as the truth??

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/050309/sherffius21.gif

hcap
04-12-2005, 08:15 AM
Eq,

That's as in Emanuel Goldstein I assume?
George was right all along. Only @ 20 years off.
Only thing slowing down the process is the web. Except the neo-con lemmings on this board read only the "dark side"

Obi won Kenobi where are you now that we really need you?

:confused: :confused:

hcap
04-14-2005, 06:52 AM
They are part of the dwindling "coalition of the willing".
Are they with us or against us?
Did we target this Italian civilian by mistake?

http://www.counterpunch.org/scahill03282005.html

Sgrena Sets the Record Straight
"There was No Checkpoint; No Self-Defense"

...This case has been written off by US officials as a "horrific accident" that occurred on what we are told is "the most dangerous road in Iraq," where insurgents are constantly waiting in the bushes to attack. The Pentagon further contends that the Italians failed to slow down at a checkpoint and only after repeated attempts to stop the car did soldiers fire on the Italians. The problem is, according to Sgrena, this shooting didn't happen on that road.

What's more, Sgrena says that there was no US checkpoint for which to slow down.

..."It was not a checkpoint. Nobody asked us to stop," Sgrena told Klein "All the streets we were on were USA controlled so we thought they knew we were going through. They didn't try to stop us, they just shot us.

...According to Klein,(the interviewer) when Calipari was killed and Sgrena wounded, they were on a secured road that can only be accessed through the heavily-fortified Green Zone and is reserved exclusively for top foreign embassy and US officials. "It's a completely separate road, actually a Saddam-era road, it would seem, that allowed his vehicles to pass directly from the airport to his palace," says Klein. "And now that is the secured route between the U.S. military base at the airport and the U.S. controlled Green Zone and the U.S. embassy."